Kaiju and Kaijin Signups and Discussion.

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Re: Kaiju and Kaijin Signups and Discussion.

Post by pta917 »

Another good chapter.
And did I understand this correctly on a possible kaijin invasion?
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

An invasion? That's going to be fun to see. Nice job, DM!
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

This chapter's pretty dang good. Well done.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Thanks for the comments, and yes.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

A good filler chapter and it's nice to see how this advances the plot.

Still the atmosphere was nicely done in the chapter.

Keep up the good work.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

Name: Stephanie Morgan
Description: A 5.3 feet tall young girl, with a slight than, with brunette hair that falls down her hair, she has dark blue eyes, that glow brightly when hit by the Sun. Normally she wears jeans and a shirt when in public, bright clothing to represent her energetic life-style.
Kaiju Link: Gamera (Heisei)
Ability: Can manipulate fire, she can't create it, but can use it to attack,shield or even absorb it.
History: Stephanie was born in the East Coast, where she lived till she was 23, but having failed on getting the degree she expired to, something in her head clicked, a certain sense of emptiness, that was when she started her worldwide trip. During 5 years she traveled the world learning martial arts techniques and ways to find her true purpose and inner peace, when she was in Japan her voyage took her to a ancient monastery near the ocean, where a creature was worshiped, the Guardian of the Universe, Gamera. There she learned about mana energy and the balance within the planet, as her skills grew better and better, she was shown a ancient relic from long ago. A coma shaped artifact, when it was placed within her hands, it began to glow later she would know that this was a sign that she was chosen. One stormy day, she was training near the ocean as a way to improve her endurance against the elements, with the artifact now on a string to be worn a a necklace, but the storm dug up something else from the deeps, the underwater behemoth Takkong.
It roared out ready to rampage, she fell down almost waiting her imminent doom, when her necklace began to glow and something louder then thunder echoed through the sky distracting the monster. It turned back into the sea and saw a shape emerging, most of it was covered in darkness but Stephanie could see clearly when it's mouth began to glow as a fire ball erupted from it at the attacking creature burning it's side forcing a retreat.
That's when she knew how she had been chosen, to be the priestess of the guardian of the Earth, Gamera.
Allegiance: Neutral Good.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Name: Rey Montero

Description: Rey is a lean man at exactly 6,0 and 180lbs, lightly but noticeably muscular, tends to wear simple clothing, nothing special.No need to draw himself out to the world. He's got dark hair and eyes and a scar that passes through his left eye. He's tanned from all the time in the sun. He moves awkwardly, as if he doesn't like being seen and feels like he's always being watched.

Kaiju Link: King Kong (62's powers and size but the 76 design and 2005 personality)

Ability (if wanted): None

History: Rey Montero was a nomad even before meeting Kong, his family had moved all across the US for years. Rey was always a bit shy, though he always stood up for what he thought was right. It didn't take long for that to get him in trouble, Rey would not back down. Part of the reason why he moved so often was that he'd cause problems by being so stubborn about doing what was right. His kindness to others was often replaced by rage towards those who did wrong. It was only natural that he'd join the military.

During his military years, he gained a reputation as a great soldier but he never truly enjoyed what he was doing. He never trusted the government, not fully. It was only shortly after that he went missing when he was stationed at "Skull Island". He met Kong on the island, the bonding was a slow process. Kong was very stubborn as well, Rey had to prove himself worthy of Kong's trust. But once it got started, the similarities were clear, both only wanted to be left alone and live in peace. After leaving the island, Rey lived as a nomad, going place to place but never staying. He didn't want to get involved in anything anymore.

Allegiance: Neutral Good.

Hope he's good.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Name: Mia Harper
Description: 4’ 10” in height. Short black hair, brown eyes, light skin. Wears a light blue t-shirt, a white skirt, black leggings, brown boots, and a pink zip-up hooded sweatshirt.
Kaiju Link: Gamera (Pretty much Toto, only with a head more like the ’96 suit’s)
Ability: Fire and heat resistance.

History: Born to an American father and a Japanese mother, Mia lived a life filled with love in coastal town on the west coast of the US. Her mornings were dominated by cartoons or anime (that was deemed safe to watch by her parents), and sugary marshmallow-loaded cereal. After school, once her homework and chores were completed, her evenings were spent playing with her friends in the neighborhood, with her only worry being whether or not dinner was going to be either her dad’s cooking or something ordered out (it was the latter far more often than the former, much to the humiliation of her dad). One summer, while scouring the beach for any potential washed up goodies, she came across something rather unusual, a single egg. Being the 12 year old that she is, Mia brought both the egg home with her, hiding it from her parents. Days later, the egg hatched, revealing, to Mia’s surprise, what seemed to be no more than an ordinary black and orange turtle. Deciding it was her responsibility to raise the tiny turtle until it was an adult and ready to be set free into the wild, she built a makeshift enclosure for the hatchling to reside in, and nicknamed it “Toto”.

Thinking she was prepared to care for the turtle, she was not prepared for Toto to undergo multiple growth spurts in the span of a week, to the point where she had no choice but to relocate him somewhere else, lest her parents discover him. One morning, after both her parents left for work, Mia transported Toto to an old unused clubhouse just on the outskirts of town. Day turned into weeks as she continued to check on Toto, taking note of how there seemed to be no end of his growth in sight (and was he sprouting tusks on his lower jaw?!), until one day Toto simply wasn’t there. Mia became frantic and spent the whole afternoon searching for the young yet giant turtle, but to no avail. As Mia made her way home, the civil defense sirens suddenly came to life. A giant, six-legged lizard had hauled itself out of the ground and was tearing the town apart. It was then that Mia realized that her parents had most likely returned home by now and that she hadn’t left a note.

Pushing her way through the fleeing masses, Mia screamed for her parents, to no response. Not paying attention to her surroundings, she continued running through town until she realized she had run right into the path of the monstrous lizard. Before the lizard could catch her, it was knocked to the side by a massive object. Mia couldn’t believe her eyes as the object turned out to be a Toto, now as big as a house, and then he stood up. Toto would end up defeating the giant lizard, pushing it back towards the coast, and dragged it into the water, drowning it. Mia never found her parents.

That night, while sitting alone on the beach, Mia was approached by the now monstrous-sized Toto. He had sensed her sadness, and came to comfort her. Placing her hand on his snout, Mia suddenly felt a bond form between them.

Since that night, Mia's been on her own for the most part, traveling with Toto.

Allegiance: Chaotic Good
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

And a new chapter is up! This is the longest chapter yet, and is one of my favorites. The next one will proabaly be a bit smaller than this. Also, enjoy the new cast that we see in here.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Holy moley! Was that amazing or what? Definitely a favorite chapter amongst the story. Loved how this one went into more detail and was a bit longer. Plus, I loved the all out fight.

Keep up the good work man.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Thank you. It took me a bit longer to work this one out, but I like how it turned out. I may be trying and making these chapters a little meatier in general.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

That was a great chapter DM. Fucking hell, the Las Beastias de Muerte are a savage group of people.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Well, they're not supposed to be taken lightly. When you cannibalize, destroy, and irradiate for fun, people may not like you. Glad you liked them.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Gonna have to say I enjoyed it. Kaiju action, ground level action, some great lines of dialogue and just overall impressive writing.

I'm not biased. :lol:
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

Cool stuff right here, very nicely done.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

While I don't have a real update for you guys yet, I've edited in a codex into the first post of the story used to iron things out. It can be edited as needed, when something is in error with another event, or other things come up for addition.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

New chapter up! A more human sided part that we haven't visited in awhile, but still a good part. Introducing a few more of the characters that will play a role to some degree or another. Overall, some nice to counterbalance the last, darker chapter.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

The first thing that James realized when he came to was the familiar taste of old monster saliva in his mouth. He had always hated the taste, a mixture of charcoal and thick paste that stuck around for days. It was always a reminder of the failure to contain the monster that dwelled inside him, and the inevitable damage that he had done. Pain was the second thing to kick in, parts aching as if he had just been in a game of professional football. His neck, chest, and back throbbed, and he let out a groan from the pain. The sounds of someone moving could be heard, and a door creaked open. One of the most beautiful voices he had ever heard called out to someone outside.
Oh my!

Anyway, now I'm very happy that you went towards more of a character/personality type of chapter for the characters. It felt very natural and I felt that we got to know these characters even more and it was nice to make them feel like average people despite their gifts. It makes them more human and likable.

Plus, not only that, but showing a bit of this world taking influence from the kaiju and their attacks all over. Baragon's Burgers. That is perfect! It's not a place that from my perspective doesn't hate the kaiju, but seem more appealing to children just because of monsters and particularly from a business perspective that can rake in dough.

Now if only I can get a kids meal with a Giant Condor toy inside.

All in all, I love this chapter. Amazing work and it's nice to see our characters jut being normal sometimes.
52 wins and 27 loses

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

I would totally eat there. Can I make a menu? Pleeeeaaaase?
And I love the character development you've got going here.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

[DELIGHTED & INCOHERENT SCREAMING]

[composes self... or tries to, anyway]

This was wonderful. A good follow-up to Ch. 7, and an excellent breather chapter.

The character stuff was fantastic, and serves as a good reminder that at the end of the day, kaijin are still human.

Curious that Kelly seems to have had a run-in with the feds before, and that they aren't exactly on good terms. Can only imagine what happened there.