The Men Who Saved America

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Disclaimer: Some of the characters /techology in this time period were moved around so that they are in the exact same time period. Historical figures have been exaggerated and moved into different time periods. Do not expect 100 percent historical accuracy. DO NOT REFERENCE IT FOR YOUR HISTORY PROJECT!

Theme Music

You've heard of them right? The millionares that made thousands of dollars and helped usher America into a new age, no? Well sit down. It's time for a history lesson.

Early 1890's, 1891 to be exact Theodore Roosevelt had been elected president. He had immediately taken the economic problems of society into his own hands. Including and focusing on monopolies at the moment. This worried many big companies. Roosevelt had already started his campaign and was quickly gaining supporters. Cornelius Vanderbilt was one of the first targets. He had controlled most of the railroads in America and with that many other smaller transportation and shipping companies. One day Theodore approached him directly.

"Mr. Vanderbilt, I don't want to have to begin using force and make these Trusts illegal. They may be useful someday. I will if I am pushed hard enough. I suggest you pull me instead and be the first to give up the Monopoly you've built." Roosevelt stated.

"Why should I? I'm one of the biggest people in these states. I made America what it is today. I can shut it all down if I wanted to with a simple order to block one part of a railroad. The ENTIRE system would come crumbling down. I'm too powerful for you to stop." Vanderbilt said.

"Mr. Vanderbilt you seem not to realize who you're talking to. You might be powerful money wise but when it comes down to the people and politics I am in control. I told you to pull me back but you decided to shove me forward instead. Be prepared for what comes next and don't be surprised." Roosevelt replied he walked out of Vanderbilt's building.

Vanderbilt knew at that moment he had set off a war with the President himself. Not just against Vanderbilt but all Monopolies across the country. Vanderbilt made this aware to the people to support him. Both him and Roosevelt launched a campaign and needed the peoples support. Roosevelt to end trusts and and Vanderbilt to keep them afloat. Many other big companies admired Vanderbilt's rebellious spirit against a figure larger than himself. Especially a fellow buisness member Vanderbilt had helped get off the ground. John D. Rockefeller owner of the largest oil company in North America.

They had a meeting on how to gain more of the generalpublic on their side. They decided to donate money to more causes thus winning the favor of the people more. Rockefeller and Vanderbilt's idea was extremely succesful. Roosevelt was not happy so he decided to take a more risky approach and pay someone to do his dirty work. He hired members of the Mafia to assasinate a big buisness head. Not someone connected to the war or Roosevelt in any specific way but big enough so people would be scared and start leaning towards Roosevelt.

"I want you to take out Andrew Carnegie. I won't ask any questions and you'll be paid a thousand if you do a good job." Theodore ordered.

The Mafia obeyed the leader smiled with a gold tooth a crooked grin. They went ff to do the dead. Unlucky for them a man from another buisiness was waiting outside the door fr a meeting with Roosevelt and heard them. This man was none other than J.P. Morgan. Morgan ran off quickly to warn Carnagie. So he did at first Carnegie was reluctant to believe but when Morgan pushed Carnegie out of the way of a shot him and Morgan became best friends and actually decided to join the Pro-Trust Campaign alongside Rockefeller and and Vanderbilt. The four gained more support together than they ever did alone.

"I have to say I absolutely despised you at first Morgan. But now that we're on the same team I think we can all learn to get along." Vanderbilt said.

"The feeling mutual. I too have high expectations we will win this war."

Time was almost up for Theodore. One day they were invited to a meeting by Roosevelt. They had to go, people would never believe them if they said "we're not going because Teddy Roosevelt tried to kill one of us.". People would never believe that and they had no real evidence or reason for people to believe.

The Mafia would never admit to working with Roosevelt and neither would Roosevelt. So they went despite every being of their soul telling them not to. The meeting was quiet at first simply people eating.

"You can't possibly win this you know. Not at this point." Vanderbilt said.

"I am...aware that you have gained a larger percentage of the public support than I but I still have a wide array of tricks up my sleave."

"Gonna try to take me out of the picture again?" Carnegie said referencing the fact that Theodore tried to assasinate him.

"I admit that was an extreme tactic." Roosevelt attempted to rectify his actions.

"Try criminally insane. It suits grips your situation more accordingly." Morgan stated.

"Listen, I just want to say. We can all benefit from eleminating these monopolies. You will still be big companies just less conected to others." Roosevelt said.

"There will be too much competition." Vanderbilt stated.

"People adapt faster when at conflict." Roosevelt retorted.

"I'd rather keep my current state of business." Carnegie added.

"Ahem." Rockefeller uttered.

He was the only one in the room who had actually finished his food. He finished drinking his water as well.

"If I may join the conversation, I thinknone of this matters we have him beat and he knows that. I don't even think this is about ending monopolies any more. He doesn't want anyone more powerdul than him out tere." Rockefeller said.

"Well, aren't you a bright man. But I will get what I want. I have another trick up my sleeve. You see when you are all out of the picture I will have enough people on my side to support taking out not only you four every monopoly in America. I'll need money from people to do that. Giving me an excuse to raise taxes and get even more money. I'll be rich and powerful. Even more than you Vanderbilt." Theodore said.

Vanderbilt got up and Theodore smiled. Vanderbilt ran around the table.

"I've had enough of you for one day! They can send me to jailif they want!" Vanderbilt said.

Vanderbilt punched Theodore in the face and made Roosevelt's cheek bleed. Roosevelt punched Theodore back and tackled Vanderbilt punching him in the face twice before Vanderbilt punched Theodore in the stomach and tossed him off. Vanderbilt picked up Theodore and slammed him against the wall and punched him. Roosevelt simply laughed.

"Are you mad?!" Vanderbilt asked.

But then he heard a hissing noise. Vanderbilt's eyes widened as he let go of Theodore. He and the rest of the group looked under the table to see a patch of dynamite.

"You lunatic bastard! You'll kill us all, run!" Rockefeller said as he and the men got up and ran out the door down the hallway.

Teddy walked to the door and ruffled up his hair. He panted hard and ran up to his security in the hallway!

"Dynamite run!" the dynamite exploded sending Roosevelt into the wall.

Roosevelt fell to the ground injured and bleading from his forehead. 3 weeks later the people who once supported Trusts had come to Roosevelt's side. Roosevelt told the public that Rockefeller and his fellow monopolist's had paid the Mafia to rig the room. Had even gotten one of the Mafia members to take the blame for the operation to be more convincing. It was the perfect plan at the small price of an injury. A temporary one. That by now had basically healed.

The next day Vanderbilt, Morgan, Carnegie, and Rockefeller had tried to prove themselves innocent but all the evidence was against them so they tried to go up to Roosevelt themselves. Without even being warned they were nearly killed as Roosevelt had issued a restraining order against them and made sure that the business men didn't get the news. The gaurds attacked Carnagie, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller and Morgan brutally but they faught off the gaurds together. It was quite the team effort they managed to escape and were threatened to never come around the White House or Roosevelt ever again.

When they got back to Rockefeller Center where they usually met to discuss how to win over the public. But that wasn't an option anymore they were hated. People were no longer supporting them. It would and alread was beginning to effect their business. But they needed away to get to Roosevelt and get proof of his plans.

"We can't threaten him or even bribe him. We've passed that point where we're no longer even a threat to him. One week until the end of the month where they'll decide whether or not to ban monopolies and face it we're done for." Rockefeller said.

"No, we have to get evidence of our own. We have to sneek in and get a recording or at least a plan along those lines. I can provide the recording technology I have connections." Carnagie said.

"That's not a bad idea actually." Morgan stated.

"No it's not but how will we get past his gaurds. He has issued a restraining order." Rockefeller stated.

"I'll tell you what we do. We use our talents. Why are we rich? How did we build such powerful empires? Answer this question what do you specialize in? We use that to our advantage and we can't be stopped." Vanderbilt stated.

"You want me to turn my oil company into a weapon?" Rockefeller inquired.

"Not your oil company. Maybe, just the oil." Vanderbilt said

The group knew exactly what to do after that. For the next 3 days they made weapons to get past the gaurds and allow them to get past the guards. Vanderbilt made Black Iron suit. It had gears to make his punches and jumps stronger and was very durable. It had a helmet like the cowcatcher part of a train. But smaller to fit the head. Still visible through also. It Ran on pure cole it could burn energy quickly depending on how much the suit is stressed and last anywhere from 5 to 26 hours.

Rockefeller had a special gas/oil tank on his back that when channeled through his guns could shoot sticky or slippery oil from the right gun and shoot or ignite flames from the left gun. Morgan has thin exoskeleon or wires and rods around his body connected to an electricity gnerating belt that allowed him to manipulate electricity in many ways. During the fourth day Carnegie actually hired scientist to harness the power of steel into man. It worked perfectly despite what at first seemed like poisoning and knocked Carnegie unconscious a special chemical called Chemical S(S for Steel) and made his skin able to turn into steel increasing his strength and durability.

Each of the Monopolists had now aquired a useful ability on the 5th day they met up again.
Rockefeller with his Oil Guns, Morgan with his Electricity Belt, Carnegie appeared but he didn't show what he had done to himself just yet. Vanderbilt crashed through the wall of the room in his new armor steam coming from a short thin pipe on his head.

"I'll pay for the repairs. I wanted to make a dramatic entrance. So how do we get all the way to the white house. They'll know we're coming if we take the railroad and no one want's to walk." Vanderbilt stated.

"I know someone who can help. You're not the only one with connections Carnegie." Morgan smiled.

About an hour after Morgan called his friend a weird vehicle showed up outside. It was like a wagon except with no horse an unfamiliar face was holding onto.

"Who's this?" Rockefeller asked.

"This is a young man I invested in. His name is Henry Ford. He promised me the next big step in transportation and I agreed."

"And you were right to do so." Vanderbilt stated the irony was trains would one day become inferior to this contraption.

They all got in. Carnagie, Morgan and Rockefeller squeezed onto the backseat and Vanderbilt sat upfront where there was more space due to his Train Armor.

"What do you call this contraption?" Rockefeller asked.

"The automobile sir. This is the Model T I put together for Morgan to review. Not quite the design I want to release to the public though. Bit too big and clunky." Ford said.

"You could have a big part in the shipping business young man." Vanderbilt said.

"Why, thank you sir. I've been a big fan forever of all of you guys. I still support the trusts and all until this day. I-" Ford was stopped.

"Drive man, drive!" Carnagie exclaimed.

Henry stepped on the gas and took off quickly.

"Yes! This is how to travel!" Morgan smiled as the car speeded off down the roads past the horses and carriges.

"Roosevelt here we come!" Rockefeller exclaimed.

-Outside White House-

The team had got there. There were gaurds waiting outside the gates of the White House protecting an evil man.

"I'd stay but I didn't come as, um,prepared as you guys."

"Understandable, just go park somewhere far away and unoticable and come back when Vanderbilt sends the signal." Morgan said.

Ford nodded and drove drove away after the team go out.

"So what should we name ourselves." Rockefeller asked

"What?" Carnagie said in confusion.

"A rousing name for our team. Something we can go by in the news!" Rockefeller said.

"That's an idea only an imbecile would come up with." Vanderbilt said his army clanking as his iron boots hit the ground with each step.

"Fine, but I'm still thinking of-" Rockefeller was shut up when Carnegie ran at him.

Carnegie jumped in front of Rockefeller skin turning into steel and bullet shell's flattening on his skin.

"Next time at least make an attempt to be more aware of the situation rather than prattling on about childish pursuits like Hero Names." Carnegie said.

"Agreed, thank you for saving me. But, what did you go along and do to yourself."

"I've harnessed the power of Steel. We become what we must to protect what we have believe." Carnegie said as several gaurds around them pointed guns.

The guards were sweating. They didn't know what damage the monopolist's could do with the new weapons.

"Vanderbilt, would you do the honors?" Morgan asked.

"I'd be honored." Vanderbilt said.

Vanderbilt unleashed a large cloud of smoke from ports all over his body. The smoke allowed Vanderbilt to go unseen to all who were in range. Vanderbilt turned on lights on his shoulders allowing him to see in the smoke and knock out the men that came his way. Sneding them flying with his increased strength and iron train armor. Morgan simply electrified everyone who came his way with bolts of electricity knocking them down. Lucky for them his lightning belt was set to low power so it was more of a stunning effect than absolute frying and heart stopping.

Rockefeller shot some with oil making them slip on the ground and all fall down. When the tried to get up he shot a burst of flame in the air from his gun.

"I'd stay down if I were you." Rockefeller smiled as the men layed back down pretending to be out.

Carnegie simply walked through anyone who attempted to stop. Him the barrage of bulets meant nothing to his new steel form. He went to the get and of the white house and crushed the bar forcing his way in.

"Morgan, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller come along! I have made a way in." Carnegie said.

The others followed Morgan into the the White House.

"Roosevelt! Come out coward! I want to have a talk with you." Vinderbilt yelled after kicking down the white house doors.

Suddenly several men came in and pointed shotguns at the men.

"All the money in the world couldn't get us out of this." Rockefeller said.

"This isn't about the money anymore." Vindebilt said as he braced himself.

Vinderbilt ran at the mne their shells flattenining against his thick armor he knocked them down like bowling pins. Vinderbilt stopped and asked Carnegie to reach into a compartment on his leg armor. Inside the compartment was a small box with a wire that was connected to a smaller circular device. The circular device was the microphone and the box was the recorder. If this worked it would be able to be converted to Phonograph format to play to the public and Theodore's plans would be ruined.

"Now all we have to do is put on a show." Vinderbilt said smiling.

Theodore was waiting in the Oval Office with a small grin on his face. Morgan blasted down the door and walked in with Carnegie, Vanderbilt and Rockefeller. Four guards pointed their guns at the men.

"Hoho, those are some fancy peices of gear Cornelius and you Carnegie! What have you done to yourself?" Roosevelt asked.

"I've made myself able to stand up to you and your gaurd dogs." Carnegie replied.

"Look at you people. You had to make weapons to get to me.

"But the thing is we don't need weapons. Isn't that right Carnegie?" Vanderbilt said as Carnegie nodded walked over to him.

Carnegie began ripping apart Vanderbilt's armor tearing it off violently but also being careful not to hurt Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt was out of his armor. His armor was infact destroyed now not even of any use. He couldn't even send the signal to Ford if the needed to escape.

"You and me Roosevelt. One on one, if you win I leave here and forget my buisness. If I win, I'll tell you exactly what I want and you'll do it." Vanderbilt said.

"Poor man. You're not exactly getting any younger. You want to challenge me, a boxer to a fight? Deal." Theodore replied.

Roosevelt and Vanderbilt faught Roosevelt instantly took the upperhand, he punched Vanderbilt with the left. Then the right then uppercutted Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt wiped the blood from his lip then tried to punch Roosevelt it wasn't actually much of an effort for Roosevelt whom ducked under the punch the delivered a jab to the nose. He then right hooked Vanderbilt again. Vanderbilt was now really beaten, Roosevelt smiled.

"This is what you wanted is it not?" Roosevelt said.

Vanderbilt smiled and nodded.

"More than anything." Vanderbilt said as he struggled to stay up on his two feet.

"Maybe it's just me. But, a man getting beaten and smiling about it seems all to familiar. I think we've been at this point before except the situation was reversed. Once I have you men out of the way I'll be the rich one with all the power in control of all the money and all the industies and all of America. Everyone will listen to and obey me! The best part of it is that no one will ever know. " Roosevelt ranted.

But the smile on his face turned to that of annoyance and confusion when Rockefeller and and Carnegie, who had changed back from steel form to regular form, began clapping.

"What in the world are you clapping for? I've obviously won. You're monopolies are as good as mine." Theodore said.

"They would be if we didn't have this." Morgan said he held up a the recording device.

"What is that contraption?" Roosevelt asked.

"It's a recording device. A friend of mine put it together for me. If it did work we just got you to admit everything you planned. Now we are voing to take this to the public." Vanderbilt stated.

"What?! Nonsense, I call your bluff." Roosevelt uttered.

"Are you willing to take that risk?" Rockefeller asked.

"No, I am not. Gaurds, please dispose of Morgan for me. Going against my restraining order? Breaking into my property. Assaulting the President of the United States and his me. I have more than enough reasons I could kill you and be called a hero. " Roosevelt stated.

Morgan shocked Roosevelt. Carnegie grabbed one of the guards and threw him at the other two.

Rockefeller simply pointed both of his guns at the four man who dropped his and suurendered. Roosevelt stood up and saw Vanderbilt.

"Now it is done." Vanderbilt kicked Roosevelt in the face.

The group walked out. But before Vanderbilt left he grabbed his Cow Catcher like helmet and looked at it. He carried it off with him. He then had Rockefeller use his flamethrower to burn a log and signal Ford. Soon Ford drove up and knew they had succeded.

"I was worried you wouldn't come out for a second." Ford smiled.

"As was I." Morgan replied.

"We're all suprisingly okay save for the fact that we all could've died."

"I'm fine with the light tone. I could easily tolerate it after all that's happened." Vanderbilt said looking at his helmet.

The group drove off and got the box converted into Phonograph format. I was played in public and sent the people of the US into a rage at Roosevelt. Roosevelt was soon impeached and taken off his presidential term. The Monopolists were celebrated as heroes. However a week later they made a shocking announcent.

"Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan and myself have come to a conclusion. We too would like to illegalize monopolies. Hear me out please. Companies should be allowed to grow and or fail on their own. Otherwise your potentially preventing another business man from a greater destiny that could benefit the people well over more than any simplistic railroad buisness or oil corporation could." Vanderbilt stated.

The people at first seemed a bit shocked but then began clapping and agreeing. In another couple of days the law was passed. Monopolies were soon made illegal and all current trusts were taken out. The four former monopolists however did well and their businesses still dominated. In the news were given a name for their deeds. The Men Who Saved America.

The End...
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!