Dark Times at Hellview High! Discussion

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Dark Times at Hellview High! Discussion

Post by NSZ »

Okay, third time now.

Anyway, our (sign-up'd) cast:

Ernesth
Name: Ernest Harris
Height: 5’7”
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Year: Third
Biography: A model student Ernest was on Average A and B. Never in his life had he cotton below that. He was quite the nerd and as such he would talk frequently. In fact he talked too much. Regardless of his annoying chatty nature he was incredibly friendly to people who did or didn't like him. Not to mention stupidly brave as n he'd get his butt kicked attempting to be cool in front of his friends. Ernest does not mention his family much he doesn't like to talk of his parents it's an incredibly sensitive topic.

Notes: He'll spit out a random fact about history or comics at any given time.

Hayes
Name: Nate Boudreaux AKA "Bomber" to his friends
Height: 5’10''
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Red
Year: Fourth
Biography: Nate is an honest mystery and popular topic among the whisps and gossipers of Hellview High. No one, even his closest friends, know where he comes from or even what he does outside of school. They only know that he arrived precisely as the starting bell rings each day and leaves as soon as school lets out (even when his teachers wish otherwise). There's even an ongoing argument on whether he's even enrolled at the school or simply shows up on his own accords. The only time he remains at school outside of class hours is when the Debate Team, which he is a prominent member of, meets up. His name will also appear attached to articles in the school newspaper from time to time, though no one knows how. The editors always seem to assume that someone else among them has approved his contribution when, in fact, no one has ever confessed to doing so. It is generally thought that they simply let him have his way, as there doesn't appear to be any real way to stop him.
Special Notes: Despite his garish hair and eye color, tan skin, and thin frame, Nate is remarkably easy to miss in a crowd... until, that is, he speaks. Despite looked very aloof and uninterested in what goes on around him, Nate talks with a bizarre intensity about a variety of subjects and it is hard to pin him down because of it. He is unpredictable and uncontainable- a true wildcard. And while he has never shown any signs of violence, most people tend to be rather intimidated by him. Although rather tall, he is not particularly threatening or daunting in a physical way. It is his focused, drawn out way of speaking that seems to unnerve people, as well as his seemingly wavering alignment. It is impossible to tell from which angle his argument will come from. He has even spoken out against his own debate group during competitions before. While he is talking, Nate does not move- he hardly even seems to blink or breath, he merely stands tall, attentive, and with his arms folded behind his back. The origin of his nickname is another enigma. None of his friends recall who gave it to him or why it was given, yet they all claim to have always called him Bomber. Nate himself has declined to comment on the matter, instead offering a thin, eerie smile and stalking off without a word. Silence appears to be his way of saying, "figure that out for yourself."

Russ
Name: Erin Conner
Height: 5'1
Eye Color: Purple
Biography: Erin Conner is known as one of the most hyper, manic, and crazy people at Hellview High. She is an athletic person, but never does anything with that ability. Known to be very rash and indecisive, she is also paranoid and fidgety. She constantly comes up with conspiracy theories that most disregard as crazy. She is a known animal lover and has many pets (most of which shouldn't be kept as pets).

Special Notes:
Has an addiction to coffee and has frequent tics (like hard blinking and random, short screams). Also hardly sleeps. And she has a fascination with apes.

MysticalDL
Name: Marcus King
Height: 6'3
Eye Color: Hazel
Biography: Marcus has had lifetime love of science and the creation of new invention, even though it usually take two to three prototypes before his inventions work as intended. Marcus has an exceptionally high IQ, tends to try and downgrade it in front of other students for fear of being made fun of by his peers. He also has interests in arts and sports, but never tends to be better than average at them as most of free time is spent creating various things. Marcus tends to wear casual clothing like t-shirts and pants that usual have names of various music bands of genres.

Special Notes: Due to Marcus's interest in sports he does have a lean and in shape physique, despite his only workouts being that he plays basketball when not in school.

Biogoji
Name: Jack Holloway
Height: 6’3”
Hair Color: Black with a bit of blue
Eye Color: Purple
Year: Second
Biography:
Jack was born on Amoca and is in second year at Hellview High school. Jack is laid back and in his words doesn't give a shit about his studies and only goes to school because he is forced to. Jack was able to talk his parents into getting the school to allow him to use a laptop instead of pen and paper. However instead of doing work most of the time Jack is playing games, writing stories or browsing the web. He was also able to sneak in a starry Jack Russell dog that he adopted and named Angy.
Special Notes:
A class clown which is something other students like about him. Is sometimes picked on for having Purple Eyes. Is also known by his friends to be able to sneak in almost anything Eg dressing up Angy and saying that he was a poorly made plush of a Kaiju and breaking out on time in order to buy a cooler and fill it up with Pepsi.

SpanishBulldog
Name: Sal Gutierrez
Height: 5'7"
Hair Color Black w/ silver streaks on the side (think a Silverback Gorilla)
Eye Color Normally brown, but changes with mood
Year Fifth
Biography A former resident a small California town, Sal was recruited to Hellview High to join their prestigious sports program...after 3 consecutive losing years to the rival schools of Amoca. Not only has he brought life (and fear) to the program, but he is also an excellent student, especially in everything psychological...scary excellent. As far as his favorite subjects and hobbies besides the obvious, he loves learning and discussing Native American totems, music, and being out in the nature parts of the island. Sal actually finds Amoca a much cooler, habitable place than the always-burning-hot, Tracy, but he's still not quite used to being the darkest one, there. The female attention he gets for it isn't bad at all, though. Humble, friendly, and a smartass, Sal still doesn't mind hazing newbies for the hell of it.
Special Notes
While the smallest on the football team at 5'7" and 160 of stocky power, "Silverback" Sal has humbly staked his claim as the BAMF of Hellview High's 3-5-3 defense at Nose Tackle; He has posted double-digit sack seasons for 3 consecutive years and has wrecked Offensive Lines down to their 4th stringers. His career on the Wrestling team has made him captain and All-Amoca champion with only one loss by an illegal shot to the groin in a close match to who is now his archrival. As decorated as his athletic career is, Sal wants nothing more than to be than to work in the psychological field although his peers know how good (read: terrifying) he is as with his mind. The "Lecter of Amoca" says it all despite his sociable, sarcastic, and friendly nature, but when someone crosses him or threatens him or his friends, the cool, level-headed genius will lose control and turn them into a pulpy heap...or they do insane, suicidal shit for "no reason" some time afterwards. For example, one giant, bull-headed fourth year trying to make a name for himself tried to punk Sal...the next day he swallowed his tongue. His time in Amoca has been fun, but he still wonders how his hair suddenly developed silver streaks and his irises' colors change with his mood despite not being born in Amoca.

Wisper15
Name: Kerry Moore
Height: 5' 8"
Eye Color: Red
Year: 5th
Biography:
Kerry was never one of the most liked kids, and for good reason. He always was rebellious, never listened, and always got into trouble. When not making an ass of himself, he sits far away from anyone else, not speaking or looking at anyone; just keeping his long hair over his face and listening to music. He hates regulations and directions, due to an abusive and controlling father. His mother was too laid-back to care; she always took his father's side on everything to avoid conflict. His demeanor keeps him solitary, and he tries to keep it that way. Although he rarely shows it, he is a brilliant person, and is excellent in the main areas. Is also athletic, but not muscled; just lean.

Special Notes:
*Is usually picked on for his looks.
*Will usually attack people viciously for the above reason, or if someone else different is being picked on; he hates bullies with a burning passion.
*Always has his hair in front of his face, to hide the scars from his father's brutal beatings.

Flygon
Name: Petra Jiles
Height: 6ft 7
Eye Color: Ruby
Biography:
Petra was born in a family that loved the concept of the uncanny, that which seems very close to real, yet just so far off that it's unsettling. Her father shaved off his own eyebrows, and her mother made herself a unibrow. For Petra, no tinkering was needed, for she was born with something that offsets her from normality already: her huge size. Towering above most other girls her age, and having a figure most super models would dream for, one would think she'd love her beautiful appearance, yet she is quite embarrassed by how she looks, especially her own size. She hopes to become a meek, sheltered away novel writer, away from the hustle and bustle of life itself, where no one will call her a freak or go crazy over her...
Special Notes:
-Very tall and pretty. At her old school in Beaverton, Oregon, she won beauty of the year all three of her previous high school years, despite being embarrassed as hell by it.
-is normally a social person, but only around those who she feels comfortable with. Otherwise, getting her to talk can be a hassle.
-Loves reptiles, due to their own secluded nature. Also draws mermaids, dragons, and hydras as part of her own little fantasy world she's conjured up.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Dark Times at Hellview High! Discussion

Post by Biogoji »

Hey you know what they say. Third time's the charm.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Yeah, till the fifth hits :lol:
TK's resident Taurean

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

AND CHAPTER 3 IS UP!

It's a long one, so fair warning.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Finally got a chance to read this story and all three long chapters so I'm going to give it you straight.

That. Was. One. Of. The. Best. Stories. I. Have ever fucking read here!

Perfect! I loved every sentence of it! This is a story that contains everything I love! Lovable and memorable characters, an amazing plot fill with humor and suspense along with lots of room for character development along with everything feeling natural and not forced. This is perfect! I'm digging this story so far and I can't wait to see more. My only regret is not reading this sooner and not being able to sign-up. Regardless, you can count me on being a loyal reader for this story.

Amazing job. You deserve every single hit of praise you get! :mrgreen:
“You are the worst bodyguard ever,” Jason growled through his teeth, “Of all time.”
Oh hi, Agent Washingtub!
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

GodzillavsJason wrote:Finally got a chance to read this story and all three long chapters so I'm going to give it you straight.

That. Was. One. Of. The. Best. Stories. I. Have ever fucking read here!

Perfect! I loved every sentence of it! This is a story that contains everything I love! Lovable and memorable characters, an amazing plot fill with humor and suspense along with lots of room for character development along with everything feeling natural and not forced. This is perfect! I'm digging this story so far and I can't wait to see more. My only regret is not reading this sooner and not being able to sign-up. Regardless, you can count me on being a loyal reader for this story.

Amazing job. You deserve every single hit of praise you get! :mrgreen:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HIGH PRAISE, GOOD SIR!
“You are the worst bodyguard ever,” Jason growled through his teeth, “Of all time.”
Oh hi, Agent Washingtub!
Where would the world be without RvB references? :lol:

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Kara then noticed that Jason was present, and smiled “Oh hi, Jason, what’s up? Want some pizza? It’s ~pepperoni~,” the girl carefully waved the box under Jason’s nose.

“... Eh, skreeonk it. Why not?” Jason sat back down next to Ciara, who was still trying to comprehend just what the hell her cousin was talking about.

“Yay, pizza party!”
That's the spirit! There's never NOT time for a pizza party!

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

That. Was. Amazing! I was glued to the screen from start to finish, and I loved this! A thickening plot, a nice blend of suspense and comedy, and the character development...what you did with "The Silverback," between the fanboying of his idol and the attention he got from Kara (who I suspect is harboring more than fangirling)...it was grade-A.

And bonus multiplier for this:
Can never go wrong with Red vs. Blue references!
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Chapter 4 lives!

Hope you guys like history lessons!

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Nice chapter! I'm always up for backstory, and I wasn't disappointed. The connections through time, events playing through in more modern times, and the overall reactions of Sal and Jason were priceless.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Sweet monkey jesus. that was fantastic! The history behind the Landis family and the overall situation was beautifully done, and Jason and Sal's reactions were great! Kara's reaction to finding out Sal was now involved was also great...damn, that's one loyal fan.
a girl around his age, slightly smaller, with darker than black hair, and silver eyes.”
Resized Image
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
a girl around his age, slightly smaller, with darker than black hair, and silver eyes.”
http://img04.deviantart.net/6b6a/i/2013 ... 6evpjm.png
AHAHAHAHAHA Fuck me I forgot Ruby sorta fit that description! :lol:

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

NSZ wrote:
SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
http://img04.deviantart.net/6b6a/i/2013 ... 6evpjm.png
AHAHAHAHAHA Fuck me I forgot Ruby sorta fit that description! :lol:
That was immediately the first thing that came to mind :lol: ...hell, I thought even Jason caught onto it until I saw the actual name.
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
NSZ wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA Fuck me I forgot Ruby sorta fit that description! :lol:
That was immediately the first thing that came to mind :lol: ...hell, I thought even Jason caught onto it until I saw the actual name.
It's a description universal to Darktypes when they're not disguising their true nature, Sal! :lol:

(Though now you've given me an idea on who Ciara should dress up as should I ever do a Halloween chapter...)

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

NSZ wrote:
SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
NSZ wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA Fuck me I forgot Ruby sorta fit that description! :lol:
It's a description universal to Darktypes when they're not disguising their true nature, Sal! :lol:

(Though now you've given me an idea on who Ciara should dress up as should I ever do a Halloween chapter...)
Oh god, a Halloween chapter would be hilarious! Wait, do Amocans even celebrate Halloween?
Resized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
NSZ wrote:(Though now you've given me an idea on who Ciara should dress up as should I ever do a Halloween chapter...)
Oh god, a Halloween chapter would be hilarious! Wait, do Amocans even celebrate Halloween?
They've adopted it. They consider it the best holiday the New Realmers have ever made.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

#RWBY:ABEACONOFHOPE/DARKTIMESATHELLVIEWHIGHCROSSOVERCONFIRMED

Just add in the Emissaries and my fan fics will become true! :P

Anyway, what a read. That was a damn good history lesson and a way better than the actual History class I had today.

The character interactions and reactions went extremely well with the history lesson.

Keep it up man, I love to see more of this suspenseful story.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Casey Landis-Earl slumped in his couch. He was tired. Dead tired. Dead. He was just dead.

The end.
I like this story.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

HayesAJones wrote:I like this story.
You're only saying that because your infaturation with Marlon Brando hasn't been brought up...

Yet. :P

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Bomber might have to earn his nickname in retribution for that.