Dark Times at Hellview High! Discussion

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Gojira21
Futurian

Re: Dark Times at Hellview High! Discussion

Post by Gojira21 »

Man, NSZ…this was an excellent read! Wish I would've seen this earlier! Have something very special going on here!

Overall, have a great mystery, with enough character development and comedy to even things out! Love it. The best thing I love about the story so far, is how natural the dialogue is. It just feels right that this would be what the characters would say, and it hits all of its marks for the comedic relief.

Although, that last chapter had a lot of freaking detail! I'm still not sure I fully understand all of the history with the Darktypes, e.t.c
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gojira21 wrote:Man, NSZ…this was an excellent read! Wish I would've seen this earlier! Have something very special going on here!

Overall, have a great mystery, with enough character development and comedy to even things out! Love it. The best thing I love about the story so far, is how natural the dialogue is. It just feels right that this would be what the characters would say, and it hits all of its marks for the comedic relief.

Although, that last chapter had a lot of freaking detail! I'm still not sure I fully understand all of the history with the Darktypes, e.t.c
Thank you!

And yeah, Chapter Four was an experience to write, and is one hell of a pill to take in. I constantly had to look back at supplemental material I had written for this story to make sure I didn't contradict myself anywhere. :dizzy:
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Your welcome!

And I can understand that. Defiantly do not want to get the details wrong. But I did love the lore and mythologly you laid out! Hell, I would be curious to see a possible prequel story showing some of those previous events.

But anyway, keep it up man! I eagerly await the next installment.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

And Chapter 5 is up!

This one was originally going to be a helluva lot longer, but...

A) I felt bad that I was taking so long

&

2) I didn't want to end up having to make multiple posts for one chapter. Yeah, it was kinda getting that long.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Paintball?!?!?! Count me in on that shit.

Plus, we're actually getting paid for this shit? Alright! :)

Anyway this was a very very engaging read NSZ. I am loving this story more and more with the brilliant character interactions that feel very natural and don't feel forced at all.

Keep up the amazing work NSZ.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Oh look. I spy with my eye, PROFESSOR PORT REFERENCES.

Good read!
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

We're going to be Monster Hunters! With pay! Can't wait to see the paintball game play out in the next chapter, and holy shit you took Sal's nickname and ran with it! Also, feeeels :cry:

Mr. Earl, you're Professor Port is showing :lol:
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Okay, now we need a prequel called, "Alexander V. Dinosaurs: The Great and the Gargantuan."

DO IT

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I'm liking how the story has progressed, the small amounts of comedy are refreshing.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

And without further adieu, Chapter Six.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any cavities or cases of diabetes that may develop.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

“And the difference between us and the OS, aside from having wildly different moral standards, is that they had armor and air support. What have we got? Four guys and an Ernest.”
Yeah, this is the part where I would throw down my gun and say "Fuck it! I quit!"

Anyway that awesome! The whole paintball was well written and really damn suspenseful to me and has to be my favorite part of this chapter. I loved how you had each team working together on trying to defeat the other with fun tactics. I think I also spotted a RVB S13 reference with the helmet. :P

The other stuff was good as well with a lot of the character interactions and looks like we got ourselves a sleepover. Plus, the parallels between Ciara and Ruby were a nice part as well.

I really can't wait to see the next chapter of this exciting story.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

NSZ wrote:And without further adieu, Chapter Six.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any cavities or cases of diabetes that may develop.
Lies! Lies everywhere!

That was fucking amazing! Between the many RvB and RWBY references (especially loved the helmet and cone references), the paintball game, and the sweetness you conjured up with the moments between Kara and Sal and that end shot of Jason and Ciara, you hit this out of the park . So many character interactions, some extra lore, and I'm excited to read the next chapter.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
Resized Image

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

So when does Bomber get his very own Grif Shot?

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Chapter 6 was so amazing!

I love how well the paintball was scripted out, and nearly died laughing at how some characters reacted to a paintball machine gun.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any lack of sleep caused by this chapter.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

^Ha! Joke's on you, cause I can't sleep anyway!

That was a fantastic chapter! Blending humor, horror (Kerry getting attacked at the cabin gave me an Evil Dead 2 vibe), and all the ship teases.

I look forward to seeing more of Walker and Ashburn in the future. I don't think Sal is out of the woods yet though, and I'm trying to think who the infiltrator is now after that ending.

Oh, and all of my yes to the RvB reference!
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Damn! Was this really good..... as usual.

The character development was great and there are a lot of things about this chapter I loved. The sort of meta reference of how Bomber and Ernest are talking Jason, Sal, Kara and Ciara always being picked as the main four. That really got a big laugh from me.

Though, my favorite part of the chapter was the "B team" going to the cabin and getting attacked, which like Sal said gave off an Evil Dead vibe. Speaking of B team that's kind of what Ernest, Bomber, Petra and Kerry seem to be. :P Plus, seeing them attacked gives off more suspense since I'm always under the impression that they're more likely to die than the "main four".

And dat ending and if I read that correctly, their little club has been infiltrated. Scary. Cue the Thing theme.

In short, amazing chapter as usual and I'm greatly looking forward towards the next one.
52 wins and 27 loses

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

“skreeonking hit me!” He shouted, “This shit hurts, dammit, knock me out!” Bomber threw a half-hearted swing, hitting Kerry across the jaw, leaving him unamused, “Oh you skreeonking wimp, HIT ME!” This time Bomber delivered, knocking Kerry out with a much heavier blow.
I hope you realize I expect him to go full Dog Soldiers and blow up a house, himself, and several werewolves with a kitchen now.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

And up goes Chapter 8!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Damn!

Was not expecting a bombshell of an ending like that. Though I guess that's what I get for doing that to you earlier today. :lol:

Other than surprise ending, I really enjoyed the chapter.

I like how we got a relatively down to earth ending, a more in depth look at the Landis household and some lore regarding the Nekomas. It was all fascinating and makes me want to find out what happens next. Especially that ending.

Great work as usual my friend.
52 wins and 27 loses