Godzilla: Ashes Discussion Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: Ashes Discussion Thread

Post by Godzilla The King »

You really know how to make a story have personality and every word seems to have a point. You're by far one of my favorite writers on TK.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

To my readers, yea or nay to this universe having a classification system for the Ultrafauna? Would that be to derivative of works like Pacific Rim (even though I'm not attempting to copy the Category system, I'm just doing what I feel makes sense for the world).
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

I'd say yeah, as it would be something important to have, especially if they're a fairly common event as they seem to be coming to in the story. It'd be like a hurricane or tornado system, predicting how bad it would be, how much of an evacuation or preparation would be needed. A K5 kaiju would need a lot more than a K2.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

I wouldn't be opposed to it and it's a fairly realistic idea, so I'd say go for it.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

DinoMaster wrote:I'd say yeah, as it would be something important to have, especially if they're a fairly common event as they seem to be coming to in the story. It'd be like a hurricane or tornado system, predicting how bad it would be, how much of an evacuation or preparation would be needed. A K5 kaiju would need a lot more than a K2.
Godzilla The King wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to it and it's a fairly realistic idea, so I'd say go for it.
The "aye"s have it, it would seem. Alright, then. Any input as to how the class measurement would go?

Currently I'm having it based on mass, increasing exponentially, for example, a Class 1 has a mass less than or equal to 10 tonnes, a Class 2 has a mass less than or equal to 100 tonnes, a Class 3 less than or equal to 1,000, etc..

Just wanted something fairly definite, although I'd need the scale to go up to Class 6 for the largest creatures.

Right now, I'm trying to isolate the specifics of the world, even going over everything that would have been changed or wouldn't have happened at all because of Godzilla's appearance. Would the United States and Russia still have been involved in a cold war? Would we still begin progress into space in 1957? What would popular culture look like? In a way, it's more interesting than the base story itself. The whole world would be different.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Damn!....I mean, this-is just amazing! Very, very well done! I love the atmosphere and description! And I thought I had a flair for the dark and gritty lol

This has inspired me to get my arse back into gear on Godzilla: Monster's Soul!!!...eventually.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

This is an update for anyone still interested in this story;

Godzilla: Ashes, as it currently exists, is being rewritten. The story will be restructured an expanded, as I've now had time to consider it. At this moment, I have a portion of the first chapter written which is already 10% longer than the entirety of the one posted here.

Planned modifications include:
  • Third-Person narrative structure
  • Individual chapters focusing on kaiju attacks (I.E. telling the story of a civilian in Tokyo during the events of 1954)
  • Expanding on the global reactions to the existence of the ultrafauna, and more extensive backstory
The old chapters will stay where they are, but once I upload the first chapter of the reboot, the link in this thread will go there instead.
I hope that you all enjoy the expanded story, because I know that I do.
But,

Lest We Forget