A Terrible Place (Rated R) Discussion And Feedback Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

three
Keizer

A Terrible Place (Rated R) Discussion And Feedback Thread

Post by three »

Alright everyone, tell me what you think of my little tale. The point was detail, and not to hide any themes in the story (though you are more than welcome to apply your own and discuss them here). I already can say I wish I had added more details into the story, particularly with the people themselves in their description.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Gojira21
Futurian

Re: A Terrible Place (Rated R) Discussion And Feedback Threa

Post by Gojira21 »

Wow, very nicely done Three. That was definitely a haunting beginning, well done on the use of description. I like how each window showed a different scene and i'm guessing they have the reaper in each one? Plus, also love the use of the Nazi concentration camps in the very last window. Is there going to be more of this?
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gojira21 wrote:Wow, very nicely done Three. That was definitely a haunting beginning, well done on the use of description. I like how each window showed a different scene and i'm guessing they have the reaper in each one? Plus, also love the use of the Nazi concentration camps in the very last window. Is there going to be more of this?
maybe. if demand is high enough. i went back and did some brief editing, adding a slight detail to each person who ended up marked. i also wanted to give some sort of redemption to the reader in the end, so killing the bad guys was, i felt, the best way to go about it.

more people may end up in "the terrible place" before they die in the future, but again that depends on demand. i also did this because i feel bad about not posting in a while here, and wanted to give you guys something short to read in the interim between now an when i can add more to Godzillaverse. it could easily become a new work, however, as this took me no longer than 40 minutes to type up off the top of my head.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Alright I gotchya, and no longer than 40 minutes eh? Damn, anything for me to sound that nice takes at least hour or two to do.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gojira21 wrote:Alright I gotchya, and no longer than 40 minutes eh? Damn, anything for me to sound that nice takes at least hour or two to do.
i do the same thing will college essays. i still don't know what takes over, but when i want to write, i can pump out pages and pages.

but the flip side is, when i have no motivation, i have none (for a while). that has happened to my offsite tale of another world, which as stalled at 68 pages now in the year 1492. it'll pick up eventually; i had to redo the population spread of the continent to reflect the times better. oy.

anyway, thankfully this isn't hard to do nor time consuming, so if people enjoyed it i will continue to do it on a semi regular basis. of course, deaths and notable events you'd like to see upon request are totally cool with me (and this is by no means a guarantee that requesting something will mean it ends up posted just as you wished)...but i'm open to the idea of taking submissions.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Damn, 68 pages? Wow, impressive. But I know how it is to find motivation, that's my biggest thing right now. And submission eh? Interesting.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ah, what the hell. i can't sleep so i added a second story. this one really captures the essence of what the title is supposed to mean (and no, i don't mean "i repeat the title! success achieved!!"). i mean that this second story should, in theory, capture what the title is supposed to mean.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Nice, dude. Really well, done and full of vibrant detail. I was actually feeling pretty creeped out with this story! Excellent Job.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gojira21 wrote:Nice, dude. Really well, done and full of vibrant detail. I was actually feeling pretty creeped out with this story! Excellent Job.

I could not be happier with that response!!! :huge:

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Lol good. Keep it up man, you definitely have a niche for writing horror it seems.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gojira21 wrote:Lol good. Keep it up man, you definitely have a niche for writing horror it seems.

thank you!!! it means alot to have established readers and writers saying such things. with that said though, does anyone else have a comment on the story?

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Your welcome, and well sometimes comments can come slow when in this forum. So must be patient young grasshopper 8-)

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"