The Roster for the Regular Section

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

GodzillavsJason

The Roster for the Regular Section

Postby GodzillavsJason » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:19 pm

This is the roster for who will be allowed to post on what we call the veteran section. If you have a complaint or a question then feel free to ask me or if you wish to be downgraded to the Beginner section then speak so.

The Roster

GodzillavsJason
Kubo
MothraRocks
Giratina93
HayesAJones
Gojira21
Spanishbulldog63
pta917
Tim85
M.U.T.O
Saw-U-In-1/2
Godzilla1995
Ultra Magnus (Formerly known as Mothra Freak)
NSZ
GTU
Kiryu2012
Corzak The Mighty
GodzillaFreak99
SenseiTeriyakiV
20th Century Boy
Dynomy84
Gigandude
three
Scarecrow
wisper15
Alucard
Kaiju-King42
Mr.X
Primevagodzilla V2
Ernesth100
Beef Bigshot
Saansilt
DinoMaster
GTK
LazerWhale
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

GodzillavsJason

Re: The Roster for the Regular Section

Postby GodzillavsJason » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Saansilt wrote:So how do we get into the roster for the regular section?

95 has stated that you will need to at least complete three stories that have high positive praise... particularly from the senior writers (Kubo, Gojira21, Giratina93, MothraRocks, HayesAJones, Bdog and myself.)

Though of course my adviser(s) and myself are talking about more about it.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

GodzillavsJason wrote:
Saansilt wrote:So how do we get into the roster for the regular section?

95 has stated that you will need to at least complete three stories that have high positive praise... particularly from the senior writers (Kubo, Gojira21, Giratina93, MothraRocks, HayesAJones, Bdog and myself.)

Though of course my adviser(s) and myself are talking about more about it.

Uh-oh, it might take me a year to write my first one.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Saansilt wrote:Three stories?
I am aiming for a long story here, and this new requirement does concern me.

Like I said, a few of the other veteran writers had some concerns about it so we'll be talking about it to hopefully making the requirements more accommodating.

Trust me, I want this to be fair like you do.
52 wins and 27 loses

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:38 pm

I was thinking more... several top notch chapters if for longer works...
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Saansilt wrote:Three stories?
I am aiming for a long story here, and this new requirement does concern me.

The possibility of having three "small" stories, say as in a novella, poem, e.t.c could be supplemented as the required stories. Or at least, that might be a consideration to help writers along.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Well, the rules for this are still going through on-going changes and discussion. I promise ya we will find the right balance to help bring new members steadily along into the main form that will do it in the best way possible on helping to improve the writer while not being unfair.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I think most of this is just adjusting. Once we have a set idea of what criteria must be met, then it will be a faster and easier process to upgrade than some of you are fearing. :) Patience is a virtue!
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

three
Keizer

Postby three » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 pm

hey. i made it to the "regular" roster. nice. sadly, my story has been sort of a lame duck for a while now, and i'd like to change that but a work promotion and school have put a damper on any chance to really get myself busy with the story. it'll probably pick up again around christmas time, where i will (try) to finish it off. it won't be easy, but it's possible.

in the meantime, i may start something short and non kaiju related. i feel like enough stories about giant monsters exist here to justify writing about something (anything) else.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:21 pm

three wrote:hey. i made it to the "regular" roster. nice. sadly, my story has been sort of a lame duck for a while now, and i'd like to change that but a work promotion and school have put a damper on any chance to really get myself busy with the story. it'll probably pick up again around christmas time, where i will (try) to finish it off. it won't be easy, but it's possible.

in the meantime, i may start something short and non kaiju related. i feel like enough stories about giant monsters exist here to justify writing about something (anything) else.

No worries, man! I understand the urgency with time. I'm also heavily involved with school affairs and my work study for college is working with the football team. You will be fine, I look it this way: As long as a member lets it known that he busy in some shape or form as to why a story can't be completed that's fine. Now you wouldn't have to go into detail with why you are busy, you can just simply say "I'll be busy for a while, and my story will be on hiatus, or whatever".

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

three
Keizer

Postby three » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Gojira21 wrote:
three wrote:hey. i made it to the "regular" roster. nice. sadly, my story has been sort of a lame duck for a while now, and i'd like to change that but a work promotion and school have put a damper on any chance to really get myself busy with the story. it'll probably pick up again around christmas time, where i will (try) to finish it off. it won't be easy, but it's possible.

No worries, man! I understand the urgency with time. I'm also heavily involved with school affairs and my work study for college is working with the football team. You will be fine, I look it this way: As long as a member lets it known that he busy in some shape or form as to why a story can't be completed that's fine. Now you wouldn't have to go into detail with why you are busy, you can just simply say "I'll be busy for a while, and my story will be on hiatus, or whatever".

yea, i kind of just left the story out there to dry because things started happening so fast. i'll try to drop in unrelated stuff (as in, not stuff tied to the big story or idea) and leave it here for you guys to read.

just to confirm, this section allows you to write about anything, right? i mean, i could write a story featuring just regular humans if i saw fit, correct?
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

three
Keizer

Postby three » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Absolutely. I've done one such story before.

awesome. glad to hear it, guys.

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

That's understandable, I'm notorious for doing that myself >_>

But, yes you are correct. You can write a story about anything and post it in either forums. This place is not that picky! :P

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

wisper15
E.S.P.Spy

Postby wisper15 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 am

You go home for one day, and look what I skreeonking miss. Still, really like this idea. Where'd it come from?
TK's resident Taurean

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:08 am

wisper15 wrote:You go home for one day, and look what I skreeonking miss. Still, really like this idea. Where'd it come from?

After the user group idea fell through, the mods and admins put together a sort of compromise to please both sides. I think it's pretty great! ^_^
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
Thread

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 am

Agreed Kubo. This should work for both parties.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:12 am

PrimevalGodzillaV2 is most certainly not a beginner writer, so if we could rearrange things so he's on the roster and stuff, that'd be good.
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
Thread

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 am

Kubo wrote:PrimevalGodzillaV2 is most certainly not a beginner writer, so if we could rearrange things so he's on the roster and stuff, that'd be good.

My apologies, I will fix that when I get home.
52 wins and 27 loses

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 am

Also... Might I suggest Kaiju-King42 and MM be transferred to the normal writer roster? Both might not write here alot, but they have alot of high quality writing material elsewhere, like the UCA and Deviantart... They are most certainly not beginning writers.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:10 am

Giratina93 wrote:Also... Might I suggest Kaiju-King42 and MM be transferred to the normal writer roster? Both might not write here alot, but they have alot of high quality writing material elsewhere, like the UCA and Deviantart... They are most certainly not beginning writers.

Kaiju is already put in the list and I'll look more into MM.
52 wins and 27 loses

Return to “Fan Fiction”