Updates... and Temporal Dream of Despair signups

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Updates... and Temporal Dream of Despair signups

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Well... I think I should get this load off my shoulders. I know alot of you have been patiently waiting for me to update many of the works I've started years ago... Tales of Gensokyo, Youkai High, Nocturne of Eternal Darkness... and in all truth, I just can't. Part of my love for those stories has died for me... and I can only see the faults and shoddy writing that was in them. I feel that it would be best, rather than try to fix them, to simply take the sledgehammer to those works, and axe them off... I know this sucks, and I've been tossing the idea around for weeks at this point, but I just can't bring myself to work on them, and the quality turns me away as well, since I feel I can do alot better now... Life as well has been a hassle, especially with the junior year of college courses starting. Will I come back to these works at some time, and hopefully fix them up? Only time can tell...

HOWEVER... do not count me as dead and worthless yet. for when I came to that hard decision, I decided to crank out some story ideas... infact, I was thinking of making the kind of story this forum loves best... the good old fashion signup fanfict!

Temporal Dream of Despair

Summary: For many species, the origins of life are mysterious and ill defined. Were we created by a higher being? Were we, by chance, the product of random occurances beyond the control of the universe? For many species, they do not know. They know little of their origins, of that which the gods ordained... but we know. We, the Angelic High, are well aware of our origins. Our creator, Jinengus, blessed us with his eternal grace. We, the first species, were at the top of our existance... We as a species lived in a perfect world...

A world... that would come crumbling down, as darkness would ooze its way into the aether fabric of existence.... a darkness long banished from our realms.

Template:
Name:
Species: (You can choose to be an Angel, or a Death God, those reapers of the souls who bring them to Hell. You can also be a Judge, a special kind of entity that are the bosses of the Death Gods. Simply put, the angels and Death Gods/Judges are rival entities. The angels are aether in nature and live in what we would call Heaven, serving the creator that made them and bringing souls up there to reincarnate for later. The Death Gods/Judges live in what is known as the Underworld and are nether in nature. Their desire is to use the souls gathered and punish them by twisting them into their own forces. Needless to say, neither side gets along well)
Appearance: (Angels tend to look... angelic, with anywhere from two to six wings. Death Gods are more ghostly, Grim Reaper-esque entities with the scythes and all, and Judges are ornate in their appearance, having lots of robes and crowns)
Personality:
Back story:
Weapons/Powers: (Just going to say this upfront. let's stay away from the real broken stuff/reality warpers here... these guys may be strong, but they aren't gods in and of themselves.)
Additional Info: (Whatever things you feel would be best said here, like fears, quirks, habits, etc.)
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kubo
Sazer

Re: Updates... and Temporal Dream of Despair signups

Post by Kubo »

It's about time!

Expect my character summary soon!!!
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Name: Kroenen Von Vreizaktunn

Species: Judge

Appearance (Clothes): Metallic gas-mask (almost always worn), silky gray robes littered with tears and scorch marks

Appearance (Person): Eyelids removed at birth, skin is a pale pinkish white, bony and thin

Personality: Fascinated by the sciences and is an expert alchemist, more prone to studying in a lab than venturing out in the field, a bit quirky, gives off a bit of a sinister vibe

Backstory: Kroenen was an orphaned child who taught himself the basic foundations of literature, science, and arithmetic at a very young age. Because of that, he is extremely smart and devoted to working on inventions and finding new ways to create, control, and improve life. He is very eager to test out new inventions as soon as possible. Kronen is also the inventor of the Clockstop system, which is an artificial heart that operates by a wind-up key and a complicated system of gears and pulleys inside of a person's body. So far, only Kroenen possesses this unique system.

Weapons/Powers: Arm mounted blades, Clockstop heart can temporarily shut down all body functions for playing possum, able to perform simple alchemy-based powers such as turning steel into gold and such

Additional Info: Kroenen fears that his inventions will not be able to save himself from certain doom. He fears that his Clockstop heart will malfunction and render him permanently deceased.

H-hope this is alright...

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Looking well... You are in.

Come on boys... keep on the profiles.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Which powers are allowed & banned?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

"think I should get this load off my shoulders. I know alot of you have been patiently waiting for me to update many of the works I've started years ago... Tales of Gensokyo, Youkai High, Nocturne of Eternal Darkness... and in all truth, I just can't. Part of my love for those stories has died for me... and I can only see the faults and shoddy writing that was in them. I feel that it would be best, rather than try to fix them, to simply take the sledgehammer to those works, and axe them off... I know this sucks, and I've been tossing the idea around for weeks at this point, but I just can't bring myself to work on them, and the quality turns me away as well, since I feel I can do alot better now... Life as well has been a hassle, especially with the junior year of college courses starting. Will I come back to these works at some time, and hopefully fix them up? Only time can tell..."

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now. :cry:
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Name: Aare
Species: Death God
Appearance: A narrow figure draped in gray robes. Very gaunt face with long black hair and an easy smile. Bony, skeletal fingers and hollowed cheeks. Face is pale and lifeless, with no color behind it. His bloodless flesh almost seems transparent in some places, though not quite in a ghostly way... more like a see-through aquarium fish that sprouted legs and threw on a Halloween cloak. Eyes are dark and pupilless, like black pools of water. His scythe seems to be crafted from jagged gray rock and yellowed bones and has several handles. He tends to use it as a cane, scythe-side down (he's had a few too many incidents where he's pricked himself in the past...).
Personality: Though his looks are grim, Aare is generally a fun, cheery fellow. He is sensitive to newly dead souls and tries to ease them into the afterlife with a set of practiced jokes and lines. This has varying levels of success. Otherwise very quiet and thoughtful, a person of small things rather than grand gestures or purpose. His art is one of subtlety in all its forms, though he put them to strictly good use. Not all sneaky people are malicious, you know.
Back Story: Aare was once cold and tactical when it came to gathering souls. He was uncaring for his cargo and never bothered with them except for en masse. Then, as if by fate, he happened to catch one alone on an unusually- some would say impossibly- slow day. And, for the first time, he listened to it. And he felt sympathy deep within his cold chest. Since then, Aare has made sure that all the souls he is charged with transporting know that they are known to him and that he cares for them. Because he would want the same. He may operate in the darkness, but he never wants to be lost in it, nameless and faceless, forgotten by all.
Weapons/Powers: As lord of all things small and unseen, Aare's powers are rather subtle. He can alter his face and dialect to subconsciously comfort confused souls, speak with the voice of someone known to you from the past, teleport (though only when you are not looking), and generally tramp about unseen and unheard. This does not mean he can turn invisible per say, because such a thing would be entirely too conspicuous in certain situations, just that he has ways to reaming extremely forgettable - as if he were never there at all. Also has very slight time dilation powers so that he may slow the metaphorical clock and make the most of his time with individual souls. There are a lot of dead people out there after all. Naturally, these abilities have only limited affects on other Angels, Judges, and other Death Gods.
Additional Info: Aare dislikes being put on the spot or forced to take a side. He operates best from the shadows or on one-on-one, not in public. Doesn't work well in groups, so he actively tries to avoid being pulled into them. Ironically, though his way is one of subtlety, he fears being left behind or forgotten, so his methods, by design, always leave some small way to recognize his handiwork.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

MysticalDL wrote:Which powers are allowed & banned?
Basically, no reality warping, and well, aside from that, most any power can be used, just so long as it isn't really broken. But then, ANY power can be broken depending on how it's utilized. Just use your best judgement when thinking of what power to use, and how strong it is.

Haye's guy is in

Kubo
Sazer

Re: Updates... and Temporal Dream of Despair signup

Post by Kubo »

Name: Dusk
Appearance: Usually wears a black robe, with only his computer-screen face revealed. Upon that screen, Dusk has a default face of a skull in front of a black background. His voice is metallic and devoid of emotion, naturally. Only a brain and soul can be considered organic in Dusk. Everything else is machine. What lies beneath the cloak has been seen by only a select few (rarely does he need to call upon his...other weapons). It's a perplexing mystery, with chains and cables strung around a metallic rib cage (that houses but a single metal box). His arms are synthetic cables, which can grow and shrink in size at Dusk's will.
Personality: Heartless, simply put. Dusk has no remorse for his actions and makes sure his job is not only done well, but done meticulously to ensure the most pain to his victims. He is fuels by revenge for what was done to him so many years ago.
Back story: Cam Gouldman, once a renowned electrical engineer, was at the verge of a scientific breakthrough with his colleagues; the opportunity to love for eternity. Through a mechanized suit, and brain transplant, a man could live for as long as he desired. This did not please the gods however, and he suffered dearly. Banished to Hell, Cam spent many years in the fiery depths where his immortality meant nothing. The opportunity to be a Death God though...now that was enticing. Readily, Cam seized his chance and gained powers beyond anyone's comprehension, again at the expense of his humanity. Cam, soon to gain the nickname "Dusk", sight revenge against the heavens for the crime against him, and will stop at nothing to win. However, there's still a man locked away inside Dusk's metal skeleton...
Weapons/Powers: From his hands, Dusk can form cables that can reach almost a football field in length. These cables are super-charged with electricity, and can kill any normal human instantaneously. Additionally, his body can create an electric force field that can significantly weaken projectiles. Though he can live indefinitely, Dusk still has a brain, which can be destroyed with some clever strategizing. Oh, and that silver box in his rib cage? It's a parting gift, a miniature black hole with a 250m radius.
Additional Info: The screen for Dusk's face flashes from different channels to create sentences and phrases. But when he doesn't speak, the screen is merely a skull.

Change the back story and whatnot as you see fit! ^_^

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

Name: Skeletron

Species: Judge

Appearance: Basically a Skeleton, except in between gaps of bones, black skin lines his inside. He appears utterly lifeless in appearance, he looks frail yet is quite durable, he is draped in dark purple robes; He stands atleast 7 ft. 7 and has massive Skeletal wings jutting out of his back. His wingspan is around 14 ft long.

Personality: Skeletron is a tactician at heart, he is constantly writing up plans and battle strategies, he seems detached from the rest of the world, his only goal is to allow his team victory through his complex Strategies. He is anti-social and would prefer to plan a battle rather then engage in it.

Back story: Not much is known about how he came to be, yet Skeletron is the renowned Cybernetic Death God of old, he is among the oldest and most experienced Death gods, he has been responsible for many Death God victories and has become one of the highest honored Death gods.

Weapons/Powers: Though he is not a skilled fighter, he does posses infinite levels of strength to a degree, his durability is sub-par to most gods and his endurance is mid-tier, yet his genius is marveled upon. His greatest capabilities rely in his mind, he is very much the smartest among the Death Gods; He would get utterly thrashed up front unless he were grappling with an opponent. His weapon of choice when he is forced to fight is a double-bladed scythe, it is able to stab an opponent behind and in front of him.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Corzak, KC, and GL, your guys are in.

Also, added a bit of explanation about the three main species that are used here...

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Well... I think I should get this load off my shoulders. I know alot of you have been patiently waiting for me to update many of the works I've started years ago... Tales of Gensokyo, Youkai High, Nocturne of Eternal Darkness... and in all truth, I just can't. Part of my love for those stories has died for me... and I can only see the faults and shoddy writing that was in them. I feel that it would be best, rather than try to fix them, to simply take the sledgehammer to those works, and axe them off... I know this sucks, and I've been tossing the idea around for weeks at this point, but I just can't bring myself to work on them, and the quality turns me away as well, since I feel I can do alot better now... Life as well has been a hassle, especially with the junior year of college courses starting. Will I come back to these works at some time, and hopefully fix them up? Only time can tell...
Hmm, what a shame. Oh well, looks like we have to move on from that.

Not sure if I want to sign-up in this yet.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:Hey Giratina, can I make a reservation?
Make it dinner for two!
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

GodzillavsJason wrote:
SpanishBulldog63 wrote:Hey Giratina, can I make a reservation?
Make it dinner for two!
*sees my joke in G21's thread*

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, reservations are allowed. However, signups end in one week, and the intro, then the prologue will be up within the next few days.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Name: Zarco

Appearance: Ghostly, with a shadowy like visage when is hiding and wishes to not be seen. When does desire to be seen, can take a humanoid form that is a greyish black color, with smoke streaming from his limbs. When in humanoid form, he a hood like appendage that covers his whole head expect for his eyes. His eyes are a dark orange color that can be seen through the darkest of nights.

Personality: Is very aggressive when it comes to his duties. Takes his time in his gathering of souls as he is never in a panic or a rush. Takes extreme pleasure in his accomplishments and will let nothing get in his way. However, he takes no alliance with anyone except for himself. Is always planning a way to dethrone the next in power. Also likes to torture his victims.

Back story: Was once a human. A human who had lost his family in a robbery gone bad. He is now what he is because of all the built up hatred and rage that was inside him at the time of his death. He died in attempt to take revenge upon the people who murdered his family. Much more than that is known about Zarco, except that he is feared.

Weapons/Powers: Can control the shadows around him to conceal his form and uses the dark to create visually disturbing images that drive people mad. Can easily pass through solid objects. Has the ability to evade into people'e minds but can not control them. Also has the ability to call fourth special powers that allow him to blast anyone or anything.

Additional Info: For the most part, Zarco has no feelings but is plagued with recurring flashbacks to the murder of his family. Although his humanity side of him is long gone.

How does that sound?
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Gojira and SBD, your characters are in.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Sweet, can't wait to see this get started!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Introduction is up

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Haunting...

Love it!