Inceptum (An original story) Discussion Board

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Gojira21
Futurian

Inceptum (An original story) Discussion Board

Post by Gojira21 »

Hello, Gents and Lads! It is time for me to deliver my next forum sign up story: Inceptum We all remember Exitium right? Well, this is going to be bigger, badder, and...on a grander scale! Plus, going to be more focused on horror survival. This story will combine all the greatest science fiction elements to have come out in history.

This story will include those nasty, oblong shaped baddies from the Alien Quadrilogy, it will have Predators, it will have the arachnids from Starship Troopers, the nonsense, wisecracking marines, and so much more. All these elements are going to intertwined into a massive universe where this a central question that arise in the story, which i'm not going to reveal just yet. This universe will take place in many different locations that will include earth and various planets, e.t.c. Now I know this sounds pretty ambitious but that’s where the fun comes in!

All what i'll have in this story will be connected with overlapping stories, now i’m sure your all are wondering what is the sign ups for? Well i’ll tell you! The sign ups for this story will be for the human characters. These characters can be anything from a marine to your average, everyday citizen. Every character that will be introduced will all be connected in some shape, form, or fashion to everyone else. Be creative but please refrain from having your character having super powers, the story not going that crazy!

The basics of creating a character that i’m looking for are as follows: Name, Age, Occupation, Characterization, Description, and brief history.

Soooo, i'm not sure when i'll get to actually writing the story as my time is limited right now with college, e.t.c but I plan on having the first part up within next month. However, the first part of the story or chapter, will NOT involve anyone’s created character. The first chapter will be a mood setter in essences.

Well enjoy!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Inceptum (An original story)

Post by GodzillavsJason »

A new story created by our residential dark writer! I cant wait for this start.

Could it be okay to reserve a slot or type it a little at a time?
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

NO!!!...just kidding, lol yea you can reserve a spot
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Name: Tempest Hills
Characterization: Tempest is a sweet, calm woman who tends to keep to herself in the lab. She is a bio-chemist first and a conversationalist second, so she isn't much of a people person, but if someone needs help, she's willing to step in. She isn't a big fan of warfare or sports, but prefers the calm, relaxing things in life, and loves to fish as well.
Description: 6ft 3, short red hair, and pale blue eyes. She has a series of freckles on her cheeks, and wears a small pair of glasses. Her usual attire tends to be the usual labcoat wherever she goes to let people know she is a scientist, but underneath that tends to be whatever kind of t-shirt she likes and long skirt. She wears sandals as well, and is usually seen on her phone or laptop.
History: Not much is known about her to her colleagues of neighbors, aside from the fact she showed up a few years ago to attend her senior year of high school at age 17. She was quite the brainiac, but her lack of social skills proved to be a hurdle when it came to finding jobs upon graduation. Thankfully, she carved her own little niche in life, studying life and what makes it work...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Nice, Girantina93. That actually sounds like a pretty interesting character, I promise ill do her justice! 8-)

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Inceptum (An original story) Discussion Board

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I took the liberty of changing this into a discussion board in case anyone got mixed up.

Anyway here's my character.

Name: The Lone Wolf (Though people call him Wolf for sort)/ Derek Hunter

Characterization: A ruthless, but yet a a person who has a sense of humor. He prefers to be alone and only work alone hence the name. He constantly flies around the galaxy looking for any job opportunities that come up for him to make money an is very loyal to the job. He also has bad trust issues where he doesn't except anyone except for the job itself. When he gets enough money from all of his jobs, he intends to live on a nice secluded island with a lot of beautiful women on it and live out the rest of his days while the galaxy goes into chaos.

Description: 6'4, He has short brown messy hair and brown eyes and has white colored skin. Usually wears a white t-shirt and blue pants. Now for armor wise it's colored in army style camouflage with a rounded helmet that has visor along with a breather of being able to survive in harsh conditions. The rest of his armor is highly defendable along with containing the wrist blades of a slaughtered predator that he found on a distant planet and a few of the other items (I'll let you decide what else he found.) He is also seen carrying whatever weapons are most suitable for the mission.

Brief History: Not much is know about this famed bounty hunter, but it is said that we was orphaned at a very young age and had to survive with all of his might and cunning abilities. Over time he ran with a few gangs in the slums, trained in multiple fighting skills, and learned discipline. Of course no one knows TLW's real identity and vice versa. To explain his lack of trust is when he was running with the last gang he ever was in at the age of sixteen. Him, a few of his members and his lover at the time Cynthia were running a raid on a police station to steal weapons and bust some of them out when things went south real fast. Luckily they did what they wanted and escaped.... barely with the cops right on their tail they turned into a dark alley where they were all running and all of a sudden he was stabbed in stomach by his lover. He instantly dropped to the ground, as he watched her leave and couldn't believe on what she did to him. Fortunately for him he managed to ditch all of his clothing that were in relation in the gang and decided to play the act of a hurt innocent by stander. The police believed it, took him to the hospital, got patched up and left before anyone was the wiser. Over time he made a reputation of being a stand along hunter that got him on what he was called today and even got a spaceship out of it. Learning from the lesson he learned by his former lover, he travels the galaxy all by himself to make his money to retire and even does a side job of tracking Cynthia down so he can make her suffer.

What do you think?
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:Is it cool of I reserve a spot?
This isn't a restaurant! Take your reservation and stick it!

*forgets he's talking to a mod*

...I'll have my character ready tonight! ^_^
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Name: Akio Lim

Characterization: A kind, wise soul, Akio lives by himself on a garden planet similar to Earth. In his military days, he was a violent, but disciplined man. Quite the lady killer. But now, he has learned from his mistakes. He lives by himself, tending to a garden and practicing music. He is still experienced in several forms of martial arts, but his old bones does take some hammering when he needs to use it.

Description: 5'5, Asian, wrinkled and slightly hunched. Has dark skin, brown hair pulled into a pony tail(Which is good, considering he's beginning to bald), and squinted but friendly eyes. Akio wears japanese robes and such.

Brief history: Akio joined the army at 27, and was sent to distant planets to preform assassination missions with a small team. He has a record of two dozen successful assassinations in his 20 years in the army, 15 of them completely undetected. He retired at 49, and settled down with his wife, Augustine. However, a rogue alien organization killed his wife and destroyed his home after learning he had killed their leader. He vowed he kill every person who assisted in his wife's murder, and did. Depressed, alone, and tired, he settled down on a remote garden planet, similar to earth, that he named after his wife. He lives on a rainforest island, where he built a series of japanese temples that he made his home in. He lives among the wildlife and is a complete vegetarian.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Name: Morton Rose

Characterization: Morton is introverted and is not one to happily engage in conversation. However, he is a kind soul and wants to help people out whenever he can. Most of the programming he has done in the years past has been targeted towards innovation in technology, which he can prattle on about online for hours thanks to a minor in electrical engineering. Morton is someone waiting for his opportunity to do something big though, more than just coding, and the opportunity may present itself in ways he could never have expected

Appearance: 6'1'' Shaggy black hair, glasses, and pale skin. Wears flannel shirts frequently along with jeans and grey Vans.

Brief History: A graduate of MIT. Morton is gifted in many ways and has put his abilities to good use, helping design sites for charity organizations among other things. He doesn't do any volunteer work, blaming asthma for most of his issues and seclusion. He never has courted a girl, nor does he intend to. Morton feels the kind of relationship would hinder him and his business.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Yes, SpanishBulldog you can reserve a spot lol there not really a limit of people I can have in this story.

And great characters guys! All of them sound like great potential and I'm already running through ideas in my head on how too incorporate them into the story.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Lol, GojiraFan333 you know you can edit your message your ordinal post to add information right? But, I like the idea of a Godzilla Hunter. I wasn't originally going to have Godzilla in this story but I now have some ideas once I saw your character description. And thanks for the idea on some other monsters, they may not necessarily make it into my story, but never the less I appreciate the input!

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Name: Nicolaus Bergen

Characterization: Nicolaus is often quiet and involved in his work, although he is willing to talk when he feels like it. He enjoys quiet and being surrounded by nature, as he lived in southern Poland as a child. When he isn't drawing speculative biological diagrams, dissecting dead creatures, or writing up reports on lifeforms, he spends time cooking, reading, staring at the stars, or camping (if he has the opportunity).

Description: 5' 11, messy copper hair that goes down to the middle of his neck, and light-hazel eyes. Large eyebrows adorn his forehead, and he occasionally wears glasses for reading. He often wears a lab-coat and black shoes in the lab, but his casual attire is composed of a charcoal gray button-down shirt and indigo corduroys. He carries a sketch/notebook and a few writing implements with him wherever he goes.

Brief History: Nicolaus was born in Poland and lived there until 13, when he moved to a small town in the UK. When he went to university, he discovered his love for science. His one-person dormitory room allowed for him to follow his passions to the extent that he did. He didn't talk much at university, but he found his own spot amongst other aspiring biologists. Since graduation, he's been cooped up in his apartment, where he imagines how life might work in unearthly species.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Very nice, SpanishBulldog63. I love the description and pretty sure I can use him very well! Look forward to typing up his character.

@ M.U.T.O, also a very nice character. I like the approach you took in making him seem sort of an outcast, who might be misunderstood (Unless l'm misunderstanding myself).

Overall, I love the creativity people! Hopefully Ill have the beginning part of the story up which is basically a Prologue explaining the history of what has happened, e.t.c and a little bit of a mood setter.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Yes, you understood him right.
And thanks! You're an inspiration of mine.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Sweet, and really? An inspiration? well thanks man! That is pretty awesome to hear, although I'm not the best writer around on here.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

You're fantastic, man! The darkness of PREY (my story-in-progress, may not be continued, don't know exactly) was inspired in part by yours. I might actually start a new one. Any suggestions?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Wow, well that is awesome! I'm glad I have inspired someone! If may ask, which story of mine was it that inspired The Darkness of Prey?

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Well, it wasn't really one particular story. In fact, the dark atmosphere of most all of them inspired it.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Ah, ok lol Yea I do love the dark 8-) but again, I'm honored that I was part of your inspiration! Great to see a young writer doing well on here.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Gojira21, do check your PMs.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.