GIGAN72: THE MOVIE DISCUSSION

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: GIGAN72: THE MOVIE DISCUSSION

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I think you posted it in the wrong place mate. Also I couldn't find my cameo, if you included it at all.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

You should add a box office poll if this is a movie.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

You have the option of adding a box office pool to your fanfic to see how people liked it.
Since this is a movie all you need are the options 'Pay' and 'Refund'. If this was a series you would use 'Tune in' and 'Change channel'
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

gigan72 wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:You should add a box office poll if this is a movie.
What do you mean?
Because i'm having a little trouble understanding what you mean here.
This should explain it all http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=19493

If you need it simpler just put a poll up that has two options. Pay and Refund with the words Box office as the poll title. Just edit into either one of the topics. The gigan72 movie discussion or the story topic. Unless you dont want to its okay if you dont want to. If you need an visible example just ask. I have a topic eith one of the polls in it.

Edit: woops ninja'd by birdman

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

gigan72 wrote:I don't know how to add a poll. :|
Huh, well then...I'm not sure how to explain that so nevermind.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Go back to the first post of the topic that you created and click edit. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a section for creating polls. If you need help ask somebody or GodzillavsJason.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Awsome.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

That was the best. Gigan, you did an amazing job. Thank you for that.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

SKH-KH-KH-KH-KH-KH-KH-KH-KH-KHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Okay where do I begin with this...... and I'm already lost. Before I get everyone offended, I have nothing against Gigan72 or the type of humor he has since he involves his fellow friends and I do that too with my friends and some of my more recent stories. Though, I have to give this story my two cents and have to give it criticism.

My first comment is the spacing. My god the spacing is horrible! I was basically lost and couldn't tell what was happening and the next line I read they were in a different place. This could also go into my next comment of detailing which only includes a few lines of atmosphere, character and story where it honestly looks like the story itself got bored with being in one place and decided to go the next part right away.

As for the story itself, it started with an interesting premise but unfortunately that felt prey to making no sense and feeling rushed. Everything just seemed so random with no story progression, character development or any sense on how I can get involved or know about these characters. All this story looks like is just a jumbled mess of ideas thrown into a blender that came out wrong.

The characters had little absolutely zero personality or gave me a reason to care for them. They were honestly there for just filler. Seriously the characters were just that boring. Then they were also either just there or again no background, no appearance description and no actual personality what so ever.

The way you could have made the story better and given more detail to it is to separate each section of the story into chapters. Plus, given it better direction. Example.

Chapter 1: Gigan's everyday life to him being knocked out for a cliffhanger with adding some suspense.

Chapter 2: Gigan's capture and escape.

Chapter 3: Gigan discovering he's in Las Vegas and meeting up with Beavis and the others.

Chapter 4: M.U.T.O discovering his friends are dead and that bus trip.

Chapter 5: The ambush by the M.U.T.O and the gang fleeing into the strip club and finally to the bar and escape.

Chapter 6: The finale battle.

Chapter 7/Epilogue: Gigan returning back home to usual life with the unknown person screaming that he will have his revenge.

Understand? Do that with including a lot of what I said and you'll have yourself a great story. Now I'm not saying you have to make the story super long, I'll I'm just saying is that you need to make it more easier to follow and introduce us to these characters better.

Now again before you all say anything. I was honestly quite excited to see this be posted since I saw the artwork Gigan72 did and I thought it looked like a fun random story. I know what I said about random but having it just be right with some things to back it up and it could work. I really wanted to see this story and hoped it would give me some laughs, but alas it was not to be true. I also liked some of the things that you said was going to be in the story and that made sound like a fun silly crossover, but alas it was not to be true.

I know I sounded mean, but I had to give my two cents on this story and it honestly should have been way better as you can see with all that I said. Hopefully this will not affect your writing and hopefully you'll learn a thing or two about what I said.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Just read it and not trying to be mean but I agree with what GVJ said.

If you had done what he said that this story would be pretty good, I like the idea i really do but the execution could of been alot better.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

gigan72 wrote:Also, I'd like to give my friend M.U.T.O. a hand for writing some of his scenes for me.
Give the man a hand!
DO IT
I HAVE A PERSONALITY INSECURITY AND DESERVE PRAISE EVEN THOUGH ALL I DO IS WREAK MY WRATH UPON YOU FAULTY HUMANS
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

gigan72 wrote:Extended cut coming soon guys.
I'll edit in a poll to see if you liked the extended cut here.
Extended cut will be posted here.
I'd love to read that, Gigan.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

gigan72 wrote:Also I'd like to say sorry for anyone who was looking for mostly humor, because that's not what this turned out to be.
It's alright. I loved it.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

F U C K
Last edited by Noble Saber on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

That was beautiful.

We need a sequel.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

What's the difference between the normal version and the extended cut?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I'm surprised you didn't include me or Ernest.