GODZILLA: ВОЙНА

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

Written by GojirO
Godzilla design by LazerWhale

глава 1

1984年6月18日18:00
A ship, the Eiko-Maru, sits silently on the water while below the waves, something big and terrible lurks below the waves.
On deck, they play the songs of their ancestors, play games of recent times. But even one shines a light on a dark spot, believing it to be oil spilled into the sea.
"Nanisore? (What's that?)" One man spoke. Suddenly, the water began to steam and boil as a bright blue light begins to rise up from the depths.Suddenly, a blast erupts and cuts through the ship like a knife through warm butter, oblitterating the ship, and it's crew, into nothingness....the beginning of something horrible has happened.

At Tokyo International Airport, Flight 111 lands in Tokyo and pulls into Gate 19. A man exits the plane and is met by a TransWorld Fishing Industries employee, Tomo Iwanaga.
"Mr. Honda, sir" He bows rather quickly. "it seems that one of our ships went down, the Eiko-Maru."
"Who else knows?" Mr. Honda spoke as they walked to the luggage pickup.
"No one else sir, just the company and the government but we don't know how long before word gets out. We are trying to keep it silent for as long as possible."
"Let's try to keep it that way. Send a ship out to the site to search for survivors."

1984年6月19日14:00
A rescue ship, the Bingo-Maru, sets sail to the spot where the previous ship went down. Before it even gets there, the water begins to steam and boil as that very same light erupts and cuts through the boat, a man's leg is obliterated from existance, cauterized by the beam of light a man, Shinju, watches as his friend's leg is burned off. The heat from the beam causes burns to form as it vanishes into the daylight, Several men, burned badly, abandon ship and one opens his eyes below the water, seeing something swimming below...

17:00
At the University of Tokyo, a professor teaches a class on Paleontology, specifically ancient creatures.
"Can anyone tell me about..." The bell rings and the class get up. "Don't forget that we have a test on Friday, so study and study hard for it." He turns and erases the writings on the chalkboard when three men, dressed in suits, enter the room, bumping past a young man with black hair.
"Professor Kyohei Yamane?" One of the men spoke. Yamane turns around and looks at the three men.
"Yes?"
"We work for the Japanese government. We understand you used to work with the Division of Nuclear Sciences years ago."
"I am a college professor now, what is this concerning?" He said, in some annoyance. A young woman enters and he nods her out as one of the men produces a file marked "ビンゴ丸生存者". Kyohei takes the file and opens it, he puts on his glasses and is met with the sight of burned bodies, living people with radiation burns on their body.
"These men are the survivors of the Bingo-Maru disaster. These men were sent out to find survivors of the Eiko-Maru disaster and fell upon the same fate as the previous. The sixteen survivors all had signs of radiation burns as well as radiation poisoning."
"What does this..." He looks up "...have to do with my work in Paleontology?" He looks back down at the sight of these burns.
"Ten of the sixteen described the same thing: a sea monster. We believe it might have something to do with the radiation poisoning except all ten men described the same exact sea monster to a key." Kyohei looks back up.
Outside of the office, a young man stands silently, listening closely to every word with a tape recorder. As the men approach the door, he walks away, vanishing into the group of students.

In a lab, a young man sits. He is a tall yet slender man with black hair. He works on his chemistry, trying to perfect something no man could even comprehend. As he looks on his notes a pair of hands cover his eyes.
"Guess who?" A female voice spoke aloud.
"Emiko Yamane" He smiled as he turns around and sees two people standing there. The girl of his dreams, Ms. Emiko Yamane, and his best friend, Hideto Ogata. He greets Ogata with a handshake they had made when they met in grade school. Emiko rolls her eyes. "What's up guys?" He asked.
"Professor Yamane was approached by some guys in suits. They were talking as we were heading here to see you."
"Sure Ogata. And pigs fly".
"Daisuke Serizawa!" Emiko sternly looked on him.
"Are you guys serious?" Serizawa spoke.
"Yeah man." Ogata looks to the door and sees that American kid pass by. "That kid is weird man. With his crap about conspiracies and such."
"Back on subject. So your dad was questioned, I wonder what for?" Serizawa pondered.

17:06
Just as Professor Yamane and the three men exit, they bump into the American kid.
"I am terribly sorry" He spoke to Kyohei. One of the men grabs him and pushes him out of the way rudely, He looks at him with a look of distaste before exiting the building. He watches them make their exit to the hospital for questioning as Professor Yamane puts on his coat and enters the unmarked car.

17:17
At the Tokyo Medical University Hospital, all sixteen of the men are in quarantine. A nurse exits the room as Professor Yamane and the men turn a corner.
"We will be standing watch, you go in an question them on their story." Yamane nods and goes through the door.

Inside, he sees one of the men sketching in a notepad, one eye completely white yet the other viable to see. The whole side of his face is burned badly, like an atrocious sunburn almost. Yamane bows before these men as they suffer in agony. He approaches the drawing one and looks at what he is drawing. It is a darkened shape of something unlike any other.
"Is this the sea monster you saw?" Yamane spoke.
"Yes, it is." He looks to Yamane. "He is as the legend said."
"What legend?" he asked.

17:20
As he exits the three men approach him.
"What did they say?" One of the men asked.
"They believe it to be a legendary dragon from the old days. It could be collective hysteria but it's unsure as of yet." He turns and leaves the three men behind. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a piece of folded up notebook paper reading "目黒22。午後6時。木曜日6月20日には、あなたが守られていないことを確認してください。" He folds it back up and continues walking.

19:00
From Mythical Dragons of Japan circa 1975.

"Gojira (GO-jir-ah), Godzilla (God-zill-ah)- an ancient dragon of Odo Island. It was believed that this dragon was a force of evil and when fishing was not too good, they would send a raft with a girl on it to appease its hunger. Odo Islanders fear this creature and believe that it has an ability to decimate with its fiery breath..."

Odo Island has something going on, something to hopefully save them. They hold an exorcism ceremony to ward off evil, especially that of Godzilla. The ceremony is held on the beach. A young man and his brother watch on with the hopes that this ceremony works. A storm brews beyond them as raindrops begin to fall, yet no one breaks, no one stops doing what they are doing, they just continue on.

19:40
The young man, Shinkichi, lies awake, thinking of the legends as his brother, Masaji, and his girlfriend, Tsuruko, sleep. The storm grows worse and worse as time passes on. Without warning, tremors occur, the ground shaking, which slightly awakens Masaji and Tsuruko.
"Soe wa nanideshita ka? (What was that?)" Tsuruko spoke sleepily as another, much stronger quake occurred, waking her up even more. Lightening blasts shapes upon the world within as a frightened Shinkichi watches his braver brother get up, making sure his family is alright. Shinkichi, looks out as another stronger quake occurs and sees something to horrifies him. He is frozen there in terror, watching whatever is out there until a quake causes him to jump nearly from his skin and rush out of the house. Masaji goes to try and get his brother when he sees what Shinkichi saw...a booming noise erupts within the darkness but is almost muted by the thunder as he rushes to his girlfriend, his hair visibly turning white.
"What is it, Masaji?" She looks visibly terrified as another quake occurs, splitting the ground in two, completely terrifying her until the house is crushed.
"MASAJI! MASAJI!" Shinkichi cries out as natives look on. To them, only one thing did this damage: Godzilla...

19:45
A phone rings in the night as a light is turned on, Emiko Yamane answers the phone.
"Hello...Yes, this is the Yamane Household....Hold on one minute.." She puts the phone to her chest and before she can call to her father, he enters wearing his sleeping clothes and a robe. "Here he is." He is handed the phone.
"Hello.....What! Where?....Odo Island? Alright....Goodbye." He hangs the phone up and turns to Emiko. "It might be best for us to go back to sleep, I have somewhere to be tomorrow and you have school." Emiko knows that something is up.

1984年6月20日0:00
"Why did you wake me up at midnight, Emiko?" Ogata spoke over the phone.
"My dad got a phone call at 19:45, something about an island. He has been acting strange since he came home from wherever he was."
"What do you want me to do about it?"
"I think me, you, and Serizawa should follow him to wherever he is going tomorrow. He won't be teaching class that day so I think we could easily skip."

14:00
Within the Diet Building, a meeting of officials is held as a bus of Odo Islanders stops in front and unload the islanders, including Shinkichi. Emiko, Ogata, and Serizawa watched from across the street, waiting for the perfect time to go in and infiltrate the building.

"Sore wa kyodaidatta. Sore wa kaibutsudatta. Sore wa watashi ga imamade mite kita mono to wa chigatte, watashi no kaisō de,datta. Sore ga atta··· Gojira! (It was huge. It was a monster. It was, by my recollection, unlike anything I've ever seen. It was...Godzilla!" One man, an older, balding man, spoke. In steps Emiko, Serizawa, and Ogata but they aren't the only ones who have entered. Another man, clearly not Japanese, steps in. He is a slightly older, yet very agile, gentleman with a balding head. The three seating themselves as they listen to the next man.
"Sore wa, arashi no naka ni okotta. Watashi no otōto wa.... Kare no gārufurendo wa. ... Gojira ni oshitsubusa... (It happened during the storm. My brother....his girlfriend....crushed by Godzilla...)"Shinkichi spoke, tears began pouring from his eyes as he is handed a napkin by Yamane, who looks and sees the three but does nothing, just gives them a look of disappointment. Shinkichi wipes the tears away. "Kono kemono wa, sore ga watashinokazoku no nokotta mono o koroshi, watashi no furusato ni dekuwashimashitashi, sakumotsu o hakai shi... (This beast came upon my homeland and destroyed crops, it killed what was left of my family...)" he continued. "Hoka no dare ga shinu koto o eru mae ni. ... Gojira ga hakai sa renakereba naranai! (Before anyone else has to die....Godzilla must be destroyed!)"

14:45
The group of people exit the building and the three stop, seeing Yamane coming their way, fearful of what will be said. As soon as he gets there...
"I know that the classroom is not much fun but sneaking into a private matter, a matter that doesn't concern EITHER of you, is something I wished not upon you. Now that you know, you are to tell no one. I suppose you all have to go with me now to Odo Island. You already know too much than you should..." The man exits and gives a slight smile to Emiko before turning and exiting the door.

16:00
The ship, the Yahata, sets sail with a glorious crowd celebrating its departure from Tokyo Harbor. Emiko, Ogata, and Serizawa sit silently on deck while Professor Yamane observed the crowd, knowing that tomorrow he has a meeting with someone at 22 Meguro. He turns and passes by the man seen at the Diet Building, talking on a Motorola DynaTAC cell phone, speaking in Russian...what he is saying is too hard to tell.

"Privetstvuyu vas, prem'yer-ministr. (Greetings, Prime Minister.)" The man spoke.
"Dobryy vecher, Mikhail . Kak morskoy vozdukh ? (Good Evening, Mikhail. How is the sea air?)" The Prime Minister said on the other end.
"Eto dovol'no khorosho , ser . Spasibo, chto sprosili . My napravilis' v Odo ostrove seychas . (It is quite good, sir. Thank you for asking. We are headed to Odo Island now.)"
"Derzhite nas v kurse na etikh otkrytiyakh . U nas yest' vysokiye nadezhdy v etoy voyne ... (Keep us posted on these discoveries. We have highest hopes in this war...)"
"YA dolzhen . Imet' khoroshiy den' g-n prem'yer-ministr . (I shall. Have a good day Mr. Prime Minister" He hung the phone up and exited after seeing Professor Yamane walk by, not wanting him to hear any plans he has.

16:20
Emiko stood by the railing, wind pressing against her back as Serizawa approached her from behind.
"You alright, Emiko?" He spoke.
"Just thinking..." She said to her friend.
"About what?" He asked
"The future." She said. He lit up, thinking of this meaning something more. "Thinking about how one will live if this turns out to be something big." He came back down from his euphoric high.
"Well, I have been thinking about the future too....only a different future....One with..."
"Look." She pointed., interrupting him in the middle. "That must be it!" She rushes away to tell her father, leaving Serizawa dumbfounded, wishing he had professed his love sooner.

16:39
On Odo Island, the appearance, or what is left of it, is horrifying for sight. There is a thick, dense cloud of smoke as they pass through but soon they are met with the devastation that was once a bustling little place called Odo Island. Emiko lets a single tear roll down her eye as she grabs Serizawa's hand, the touch of her soft hand against his sends a great deal of pleasure to his head. He even smiles some as he looks back to the horrors left over on the island.
Mikhail watches from afar as people exit the ship, eventually following in line.

On the island, there are government officials with Geiger counters, they go over bodies and discover a dangerous secret: there are signs of heavy radiation on the corpses.
"What could be the cause of this radiation?" Professor Yamane asked an official.
"No idea. But take a look over here..."

On the beach, Serizawa sits with Emiko while Ogata is with the rest of the helpful group.
"The devastation is something much worse than I imagined." Emiko spoke. Serizawa is looking at her, a look of determination in his eyes. Emiko turns and he goes for it, planting a kiss onto her lips, surprising her in the process. He pulls away after two minutes, her eyes wide but a look of something in them as well. He gets up after about three minutes and takes off. "Serizawa!" She shouted as he took off for the boat.

Yamane and the official walk over the mountain and see a sight unlike any other. Several large footprints planted into the soft beach soil as Yamane's eyes widen, his jaw dropping.
"What is this?" He spoke
"We believe it is connected to the radiation. The whole sediment and debris is being collected and taken to labs. Whatever is happening will be brought into the light..." Little did they realize is that the truth is coming...

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Re: GODZILLA: ВОЙНА

Post by GojirO »

глава 2

23:50
At a nuclear plant in Nagoya, a security guard approaches to replace the other guard on duty. He steps into the room and removes his jacket.
"Daichi kon'nichiwa. (Hello Daichi.)" The guard said.
"Arata! Anata wa dono yō ni jigokudesu ka? (Arata! How the hell are you?)" Daichi spoke.
"Guddo. Koko de kantan ni sonohi o kitai shite imasu. (Good. Here's hoping for an easy day" He smiles as Daichi gets up and exits with his jacket.
Outside of the building, Daichi enters his vehicle and pulls out of the parking lot of the power plant.

23:54
Arata reads a magazine with the occasional glance upwards to see if anyone is coming to the gate when a quake occurs, one that frightens even him. He gets up and looks outside, seeing only a blackened mountain.
Once outside, Arata looks around, wondering what is causing these quakes. Another quake almost sends him on his read end but he stands fine. He shines a flashlight on and shines it around, going past the giant mountain when a quake occurs, the ground cracks before him, and it sends him to his ass. He grabs the flashlight to get it to work when the building is crushed beneath a single, mighty, pitch black gray saurian foot. He shines the light, which looks like a laser pen light against the ground as he shines it up, something he sees horrifies him. He realizes the mountain was a beast and now he is below it. The beast looks around, looking for something and soon it spots it. With one step, Arata is no longer...

23:56
With no response from Arata, a security guard, Hachiro, exits the facility and goes to see what is happening. He puts on some binoculars and looks out.
As he looks out, he sweeps and sees the monster, pitch black gray hide adorned with several bumps and spikes along the creatures shoulders and legs. It had two orange red eyes like two fiery pits. The only real light coloring came from the beast's back, several spines adorned with moss and a coral reef along the back of the beast. There was barnacles on the bottom of its jaw and along its chest but one could barely catch that sight. Hachiro's eyes widen as he rushes back inside.
"Arāmu o narasu! (Sound the alarm!!)" He yells out to Haruki who pounds the alarm in. Red light blink and sirens sound, alerting the workers to evacuate.

Outside, the monster approaches as a frightening speed from the human perspective, almost running towards the plant as the people within scramble to evacuate. It lets out monstrous, guttural growl from its jaws, hungering for something on a level no man could believe.

"It appears to be Strontium-90." Yoshida, a younger man of science spoke.
"Strontium-90! You mean this radiation is the cause of a nuclear weapon?"
"It would appear that way, Professor. Where did you say you discovered this?" He looks to him.
"In an enormous footprint." He spoke as a phone rings out in the labratory as Professor Yamane answers it.
"Hello?...WHAT?....Of course I will be there." He looks to his watch. "I will be there in ten minutes." He hangs the phone up "Come on Yoshida!" Both men rush out of the door

From afar, Mikhail Betmakov pulls over and watches from the hill as he sets up a tripod and puts the camera onto it, recording the entire incident live.

In Minsk, Russia, The Chairman of the Council Members Nikolai Tikhonov as well as the prime minister and the council watch as the monster destroys Japan.
"Chrezvychaynyy ne tak li? (Extraordinary isn't it?)" the prime minister spoke. there is a thick murmur among the cabinet and soon that is quieted by the lifting of the hand of Nikolai. A smile comes across his face.

A helicopter carrying Yamane, Yoshida, and two government officials fly over the impending doom.
"Has everyone been evacuated?" Yamane yelled over the noise of the propeller.
"Yes. But shutting down the reactor is impossible. We fear there will be no hope. We can only pray that the reactor shuts down in time. In the meantime, what the hell do we call this thing?" One of the officials yells. Yamane looks over the beast and only one name, and one name alone, comes to his head.
"Godzilla." he yelled, but is faintly heard.
"What?" The second official yelled. Yamane turns to him.
"Godzilla! After the dragon of Odo Island." He yells before looking back to the devastation occurring below.

Godzilla reaches into the plant, its giant hand gripping something as it rips out the reactor and holds it close to him, its spines along the back lighting up a faint blue, flickering like a bad light bulb as it consumes.

In Russia, The members watch as Godzilla consumes all the radiation, Nikolai is smiling at the wonderous sight of this possible new weapon.
"Derzhi Betmakov srazu. (Get ahold of Betmakov at once.)" Nikolai spoke. The prime minister getting up and retrieving a telephone. He brings it to Nikolai who dials the number of Mikhail.

The phone rings, breaking Mikhail out of his high caused by facination.
"Allo? (Hello?)"
"Privet Mikhail, (Greetings Mikhail,)" Nikolai spoke. "My poluchayem vash veshchaniya yasneye, chem kogda-libo . Nado skazat', chto eto sushchestvo neobychayno (We are receiving your broadcast clearer than ever. I must say that this creature is extraordinary.)" Suddenly, like a burp, a blue flare erupts from Godzilla's own jaws, lighting up the darkness. The Russians recieve this as well. Godzilla drops the empty reactor to the ground, it smashes like glass almost as Godzilla turns, knocking over the reactor shell with its massive tail as it walks back to the water. It was the beginning of something, a lesson in where we stand...

1984年6月21日15:20
At the capitol building, cars shows up, letting members of the United Nations exit. First is Soviet Ambassador Alkaev then American Ambassador McCallester as both men, representing the two superpowers, enter the Capitol Building...
"We believe we have a breakthrough on the origin of the creature. I will now hand things over to Professor Kyohei Yamane." Yamane stands as the room grows darker. A screen emerges from the ceiling as a projector turns on, projecting the image of the footprints on the beach.
"Thank you sir," The professor began. "In this footprint, we discovered sediment containing Strontium-90. As many of you probably know, Strontium-90 is the outcome of nuclear fission with the element Strontium."
"Doesn't Strontium-90 only have a half-life of 28.8 years? How is the power that strong?" Someone asked.
"It appears this creature was feeding off of radiation caused by the Earth's core, keeping itself alive. Where the Strontium-90 was kept fed. We believe that this creature woke up after its three decade sleep and moved towards Tokyo where it slept for who knows how long until it was awakened by the light of the fishing ships." Yamane answered as a young man walked out of the building. "I believe that once it found some kind of man made radiation source, it came onto land." A slide appears as we see, in its glory, Godzilla. "We are calling this creature Godzilla after the mythic dragon of Odo Island..."

15:50
"Mr Prime Minister," began McCallester "Our national security council has made it's decision. The only hope we have of killing this creature is with the use of nuclear weaponry"
"Sovetskiy Soyuz prishli k resheniyu , a takzhe. Nasha yedinstvennaya nadezhda yavlyayetsya primeneniye yadernogo oruzhiya. (The Soviet Union have come to a decision as well. Our only hope is the use of nuclear weapons.)" spoke Alkaev. McCallester felt a overbearing amount of deception in this statement, as if the Soviets wanted to actually destroy a living nuclear weapon to make themselves look good. The Prime Minister sat silently.
"If this monster appears anywhere near Japan's coastal waters, you must agree to the use of nuclear weapons. This is a direct request from Mr. Regan himself to you."
"U nas yest' sily , chtoby polozhit' konets etim sushchestvom , kotorogo on zvonit Godzilla, s siloy yadernogo oruzhiya . Yesli on atakuyet Yaponiyu , ona budet v konechnom itoge napast' na Vladivostok . U nas yest' nulevoy namereniye eto napadeniya na nas. (We have the power to end this creature, which you are calling Godzilla, with the power of nuclear weaponry. If it attacks Japan, it will eventually attack Vladivostok. We have zero intention of it
attacking us.)" Alkaev spoke. There was a thickened silence within the room.
"My dolzhny znat', vash otvet! Vy dolzhny soglasit'sya s ispol'zovaniyem yadernogo oruzhiya , eto nasha yedinstvennaya nadezhda! (We need to know your answer! You must agree to the use of nuclear weaponry, it is our only hope!)" Alkaev spoke, breaking the tense silence, almost scaring McCallester.
"Gentleman, we have a strict policy. We do not make, allow, or possess nuclear weapons. My answer to this option is 'no'" McCallester reacted very poorly to the news, shaking his head before putting it into his hands. The Soviets react differently, whispering inteligable answers.

As the Soviets leave, one of them makes a call.
"Oni vzyali primanku. Net yadernoye oruzhiye. (They took the bait. No nuclear weapons.)" he passes by Professor Yamane. who looks to his watch.

18:00
There is a knocking at the door of 22 Meguro. The door opens and is held back by the chain lock. Peering out from behind the cracks is a Caucasian male staring at Professor Yamane.
"Were you followed?" He asks.
"No I wasn't." Yamane answered, somewhat recognizing the voice behind the door.
"Did you tell anyone you were coming here?"
"No. I didn't." He responded. The door closed and for several seconds, Yamane stood in the cool night before it was opened further, allowing Yamane entry into the house.
"Mind me asking who you are?"
"Steven Martin." He bowed before Yamane "I had you in a class. I was the one asking you if a prehistoric creature could survive in the present day." He turned. Yamane realized two things, that he was a student and that he was the man who bumped into him at the University.
"Why did you ask me here?" He looks around at the files plastered upon the wall, some newspaper clippings about the bikini bomb tests in the 1950's.
"I called you here because of your involvement in this incident. Plus I have proof of where this creature originated from." Martin spoke, Yamane became intrigued with this statement.
"Where did Godzilla come from?" Yamane asked. Martin left the room and entered an office where he opened a filing cabinet. Pulling a file out of the cabinet and handed it to Yamane. Once opened, he is met with the photograph of a sleeping giant, possibly bigger than siesmosaurus.
"In the 1940's, the Japanese discovered an area of Bikini with ancient vegetation and a large cave. Within the cave was a dinosaur....THAT dinosaur to be exact." he pointed to the photograph. Yamane's eyes widen at the realization. "The Japanese tried to measure it....it woke up. They soon realized that this beast was an omnivore. Devoured a total of six men before they came to the Americans. That's when Project: EXTINCTION was initiated."
"Project: EXTINCTION?" Yamane asked.
"Those Bikini Bomb tests....they weren't tests." Martin spoke. Yamane's mind almost couldn't comprehend what was being said. "They were the Japanese and the Americans trying to kill the beast."
"You think that Godzilla was the dinosaur? How is it that he survived on an island where no life exists?" Yamane asked.
"I think that the radiation not only changed its size but its DNA as well. A mutation caused by the fallout on Bikini. It states that the first bomb was a partial success in wounding the creature. They kept setting the bombs off until they were sure the creature was vaporized. I believe that it changed its DNA, made it bigger and gave it these powers. And to be honest...I don't think there is anything that can stop this monster..."

18:50
A depth charge operation was initiated in a seek and destroy mission for Godzilla. It is conducted by the Japanese in hopes that the charges will actually destroy the monster. These seek and destroy missions are conducted off the coast of Nagoya...
Meanwhile, off the coast of Tokyo, a cruise ship sits silently on the sea. Pop music plays as many people dance. One young couple get away from the nightly fun and go to port side.
"Watashi wa anata o aishite. (I love you.)" The male lover spoke, kissing his love on the neck. She looks out and sees a wake in the waves.
"Sorehanandesuka? (What is that?)" The girl spoke, pointing out to the large wake. The man looks up and sees the wakes. There are bubbles as the sound of a growlish roar erupts from below, indicating something terrible. Suddenly a bone spike erupts from the sea and is gaining towards them...

19:54
"Hoka no nyūsu de, Gojira to shite shira rete iru kurīchā wa, kurūzu-sen no hakai han'nindearu to kangae rarete iru. Watashitachiha, ima dewa repōto ni ikite iku... (In other news, the creature known as Godzilla is believed to be the culprit in the destruction of a cruise ship. We now go live to that report...)" The male newscaster spoke. Watching the TV were the Yamane's and Daisuke, although Daisuke wasn't paying attention to the news. Professor Yamane looks sullen as he gets up and enters his office. Daisuke goes to touch Emiko's face but before his fingers can touch her soft, virginal features she gets up to follow her father.
In the office of Professor Kyohei Yamane, the room is dark and filled with files from his days with the Nuclear Regulatory Division of the Japanese government as well as papers on paleontology from his students. Emiko turns the light on.
"No...Please no light." He spoke. She complies and turns it out. "Godzilla should be studied....not destroyed." He said.
"What makes you say that?" Emiko asked.
"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born. This creature survived two extinction attempts, one from us and another from nature. We need to study the creature in order to understand this, not destroy it." He said to his daughter, Daisuke listening on the outside.

1984年6月22日 0:00
The sea is quiet as an old Russian warship checks for radiation levels in the water, Betmakov watching from deck as he dials a series of numbers...

A phone rings in Minsk and it is answered by the Russian prime minister.
"Allo? (Hello?)"
"Poisk sushchestvo yavlyayetsya trudnoy zadachey. (Searching for the creature is a difficult task.)" responded Betmakov.

Geiger counters go off as one man turns his head to Betmakov's direction.
"Schetchik Geygera sobirayetsya dikiye. YA schitayu, chto my nashli sushchestvo! (Geiger Counter is going wild. I believe we have found the creature!)" The man yelled. Betmakov turned his way.
"Legok na pomine, i on yavitsya. (Speak of the devil and he shall appear.)"

05:45
Steven Martin works on both homework and on something titled "トゥリエンレイソウ" as the rain outside pitter-patters on the roof.
"What are you?" He whispers, trying to figure out what it is. There is a sudden knock on the door as he closes the file and gets up.
The door opens, revealing Emiko and Serizawa. There stands a shocked Steve, shocked to see his college classmates at his door.
"Come in before you get soaked!" He said allowing them entry into his home. Once inside, the door is quickly closed.
Inside, Emiko and Serizawa look around at the papers and yarn connecting stories to others, photos of fantastic and monstrous beasts cover maps of the world. Emiko leaned in on one of a Pteradon like creature with a taped note on the it reading "I beheld Satan as Lightning fell from Heaven". Her eyes move to the photo of an island with the words "What is worshiped?" Printed on a taped note.
"What might you be looking at?" Steve spoke up, nearly frightening his classmate.
"J-just looking at your photographs." Emiko spoke, Serizawa hugging her from behind as Martin sets down a tray of tea.
"I believe that other creatures like Godzilla exist, of course no one will listen to me. Not even your father..."
"What do you mean? My father listens really well?"
"The only thing we can both agree on is that Godzilla should be studied, not destroyed." He takes a cup and hands it to Emiko and another cup to Serizawa. "The problem is is that no one else will listen to the facts. They all want to speculate on the origin of this creature when I know when AND where it came from."
"So where did it come from?" Serizawa asks...

07:47
In the Martin home, Serizawa sets the tea down, having listened to every word that Steve said...almost not believing it due to the tale being so fantastic. A saurian beast in the then present. It was astonishing but unbelievable.
"This sounds an awful lot like a theory and not truth" Serizawa said.
"Choose to believe what you would like to believe, it's very much truth." Steve said fiercely
"No need to argue you two." Emiko responded, trying to calm a coming storm.
"Sorry, guys. Just a little frustrated with something." Martin spoke, rubbing his temples. Emiko takes another sip of tea trying to process the tale she has heard.
"This is just an incredible story and all but what fact do you have?" Serizawa asked, getting a dirty look from Emiko.
Rest in Peace Victoria