Tales of The Kaiju: Together at Last!

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Tales of The Kaiju: Together at Last!

Post by Tim85 »

Together at Last!

“You can't possibly be serious!” exclaimed Tim Locke, aka The Kaiju. He was standing next to the table in the Main hall of the Watchtower; the headquarters of the Justice League of America. He was talking across the table to Superman, Batman, and Martian Manhunter; the latter two sitting at the table with Superman standing to Batman's right.

“Every bit Tim,” said Superman somberly.

“Due to her actions; Wonder Woman is no longer a part of the Justice League of America,” said J'onn. The maniacal telepath, Maxwell Lord, had used his mind control powers to possess Superman and brutally beat Batman almost to death. When Wonder Woman tried to stop Lord; he told her that the only way to save Superman from his clutches would be to kill him. Without a moment's hesitation, she snapped Maxwell Lord's neck. Despite saving him, Superman, as well as Batman, both deemed her a murderer. Diana went into hiding on Themyscira, the home of the Amazons, to try to come to terms with what she did. Kaiju had just been informed of their decision to remove her from the team.

“So that's it?” said Tim in frustration, “We are just going to abandon her?”

“She's a murderer,” said Bruce. Hearing her called that caused Tim's blood to boil.

“Don't call her that!” yelled Kaiju.

“She look a life Tim,” Superman lectured, “That's something that shouldn't be taken lightly.” The lecturing tone for some reason really set Tim off even more.

“Don't even go there Superman!” answered Kaiju as approached the Man of Steel, getting in his face. “How dare you? What right do you have to judge her actions you ungrateful hypocrite!?”

“What are you talking about?” said Kent, stunned by Tim's words to him. J'onn glanced over at Bruce, who was leaning back in his chair with his hand's clasped together and showed no emotion; which was nothing new for Batman.

“I know what you did, Clark,” answered Locke, poking Superman in the chest and looking him in the eye, “We all know about your execution of the three Kryptonian criminals.” A long time ago, Superman had used Kryptonite to execute three super criminals from Krypton. Clark had the look like he had been punched in the gut after his statement.

“I did what I had to do,” he said softly.

“So did she!” Tim answered, pointing behind him. “Diana did what she had to do to save your ass and possibly anyone else you could have gotten a hold of!” Kaiju paused briefly to catch his breath. “Your best friend Clark! Your best friend killed for you! As any best friend would have. And instead of helping her in her time of need: you stand there all high and mighty, throwing judgment at her when you yourself have taken a life!”

“That's enough Tim,” said Batman, not moving in his seat. Tim turned his angry look towards the Caped Crusader.

“Wonder Woman has shown she is willing to take a life,” he continued, “Regardless of our history together, she can't be trusted,”

“Save it Bruce!” interrupted Tim, now making his way to where Batman was sitting, “What do you know about having a heart?” He pointed at the Dark Knight, not daring to poke him like Superman; he wasn't stupid.

“You are so blind to any kind of human emotion that you can see when a friend needs support and you do nothing!” Tim leaned in closer to Batman's face, risking a punch in the nose.

“It wouldn't surprise me if the real reason you're mad at Wonder Woman is that you finally had a reason use that Kryptonite you have and take Superman out for good and now you don't.” Batman gave no reaction to the comment.

“That accusation is crossing the line Tim,” said Superman, appalled by what Kaiju told Bruce.

“I don't see him denying it,” replied Tim, not taking his eyes off Wayne. “He doesn't trust any of us with superpowers. We all know his past with keeping dossier files on us.” Kaiju referring to when Batman had secretly made dossier files on his JLA teammates and they fell into the hands of Ra's al Ghul, who used them in an attack on the Justice League. After not getting a rise out of him, Tim just smirked.

“Which is why I'm surprised you went along with getting rid of Wonder Woman, Mr. Dossier,” said Tim.

“Why's that?” asked Batman, speaking to Tim for the first time since he's drawn his anger.

“While you have Kryptonite and fire to handle the other two in the room,” Tim nodded his head towards the other two heroes, referring to Superman and J'onn's weakness respectively, “You apparently have forgotten how to handle me. There is only one person alive who can stop me should I ever go rogue; and you just kicked her out of the League.”

“Again,” shot back Batman, referencing the Xilian Controller talking over Kaiju's mind and turning him against the League. The Kaiju's eyebrows went up a bit as he stood straight back up, out of Bruce's face.

“Well,” he said, keeping the smirk, “I guess a low blow isn't beneath even Batman.”

“Please understand Tim,” J'onn speaking up before it escalated into anything else happened. “We are only doing this in League's best interest. It would not look good if we kept on Wonder Woman after what she did.”

“I do understand J'onn,” answered Tim, “Which makes what I have to say even harder.” Kaiju lowered his head briefly as he took a deep breath before looking back at the other heroes.

“I quit.”

“What?” asked Superman, stunned over Kaiju's statement.

“You want me to make it official?” snapped back Tim, “I, Tim Locke, The Kaiju; hereby resign from the Justice League of America; affective immediately. I cannot be a part of something that turns its back on teammates who need our help. I'll clear out my quarters immediately.”

“Kaiju,” Manhunter began to speak when Tim put up his hand to silence him.

“Now if you'll excuse me; my friend needs my help.” Tim turned around and left the room; leaving behind Superman and J'onn, stunned by what just happened while Batman, as was the norm, showed no emotion.

Fifteen minutes later; Tim entered the teleportation room carrying a gym bag filled with his spare clothes he kept in his quarters at the Watchtower and made his way towards the control panel. He was entering Themyscira for his location when he heard the doors slid open. He didn't have to turn around to know who was standing there.

“J'onn,” Tim acknowledged his guest without looking up from the panel.

“I thought I was the one with telepathy,” said the Martian half jokingly.

“I knew the other two would be too stubborn to come in,” said Tim.

“Please don't do this,” pleaded J'onzz, referring to him quitting the JLA.

“I have to J'onn,” Kaiju answered as he finished entering his location.

“I know about you and Diana,” said J'onn, “I know about that night.” After the Xilian conflict, in order for Diana to become Tim's fail-safe; the two of them had to spend the night together. Tim froze but didn't look up.

“We figured it was only a matter of time before you found out,” Kaiju said with a snort, turning around to face Martian Manhunter.

“I've known about it for some time. It popped up a few times for the both of you by accident during telepathic scans,” explained J'onn, “I don't judge what the two of you do on your own time.”

“Then you understand why I must do this,” said Tim.

“I do,” J'onn replied. He then approached the young hero.

“Off the record,” he continued as he put his hand on Tim's left shoulder, “Go to her. She needs you. Go with my blessings.”

“Thank you J'onn,” replied Tim as he hugged the Martian. The alien was stunned at first and then put his arms around Kaiju; returning the gesture. Tim released J'onn and after picking up his bag, entered the teleporter. J'onn approached the panel and pushed the activation key. As Tim faded away from sight, he smiled and nodded at the Martian who returned the gesture. After Kaiju finally disappeared; the smile left J'onn's face and he sighed as he lowered his head in sorrow over what just happened.

Themyscria

Tim appeared in the square on the island home of the Amazons. It was just after dusk with a hint of light from the setting sun. His sudden appearance stunned several of the Amazons who were passing through.

“Tim!” said one of the Amazons. Tim turned to see Mala, one of Diana's closest friends on the island running up to him.

“What are you doing here?”

“I'm looking for Diana,” answered Tim, “Where is she?”

“She's up at the Temple of Athena,” she replied, pointing behind her.

“Thanks,” he said and took off in the direction she pointed.

“Why are you here?” Mala yelled at Kaiju as he ran further away.

“I'm here to help her!” Tim cried back. He finally made his way to the marble steps of the temple and made his way up to the top. When he reached it, he saw the giant statue of the goddess Athena, which was surrounded by several white marble pillars, and at its base was Wonder Woman kneeling in front of it. She was wearing a white toga dress instead of her traditional costume. He slowly approached her as not to spook her.

“Diana?” he said softly. Wonder Woman looked up quickly and was in shock over whom she was seeing.

“Tim?” she asked as she got up and approached him.

“What are you doing here?” Diana asked with an almost scolding look on her face.

“I came to see you,” Tim replied as he put down the bag, “I'm here to help you deal with what you done.” Wonder Woman was stunned by what she heard.

“Let me guess,” she said with a sigh, crossing her arms, “The League sent you here to check on me.”

“Not a chance,” Tim said, shaking his head 'no', “I'm here on my own accord. Superman is too busy on his high horse preaching to care and Batman; well he's just Batman. They kept call you a murderer Diana.” Wonder Woman uncrossed her arms and had a hurt look on her face over what Kaiju has just told him.

“Maybe I am,” she said softly.

“You're not,” replied Tim, “I know you value life, but you're still a warrior; and you did what had to be done. I stand by you in that regard.”

“Superman and Batman don't think that,” said Diana.

“I realized that not several minutes ago,” Tim agreeing with her, “I also realized I couldn't be a part of a group that would abandon their friends in their time of need, so I quit.” The Amazon's eyes widened over that last part of his statement.

“You quit the Justice League?” she exclaimed pointing at her companion, “Why?”

“For you!” Kaiju fired back and returned the finger pointing, “Because...” He stopped as if the words he was about to say took his breath away.

“Because what?” she demanded.

“Because,” he said, now taking on a calmer demeanor, “I love you Diana.” Diana's upset look faded after what he said. She was touched by what he said.

“Ever since we lost Sue,” Tim continued, talking about the death of Sue Dibney, the wife of Elongated man, during which other loved ones of superheroes were targeted. One of the aftershocks of her death was everyone becoming closer to the people they loved.

“I've been thinking about us; and what you mean to me. I know I felt something that night we spent together and I hope that you did too. I decided that I've waited long enough and have healed over what I experienced; so it's time to make a decision. I want to make a relationship work between us. That is; if it's not too late.” Diana put Tim's head between her hands and gave Tim a passionate kiss, stunning the hero. As she pulled away from his lips, she maintained her eye contact with him.

“It's never too late, Tim,” she replied. “I've thought about you too since Sue's death. I want you to know that I fell in love with you the moment I met you when you first appeared to the Justice League. And yes; I felt something that night too. And believe me, I would've waited as long as you needed to come to terms with what was done to you.”

“You helped me heal that night,” said Tim with a tear in his eye, “Now it's my turn to help you heal over this event.” Diana smiled, with a tear in her eye too and pecked Tim on the lips.

“I'm glad to have you here with me,” she replied, “I love you Tim Locke.” Hearing her say that to him filled Tim with such joy that he couldn't describe it. The two touched foreheads as they stared into each other eyes.

“I love you too,” he said. Diana briefly glanced at the darkening sky and back at Tim.

“How about hitting the hay?” she asked, “We both could use some rest.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he answered as he picked up his gym bag. Tim put his right hand in Diana's left and the two of them took to the air and flew towards Diana's sleeping quarters adjacent to the temple on the top of the hill. The room had a similar style of build as the temple but had a large bed in the center of the room. After entering the room from the balcony, Diana began to close the curtains to the outside to help darken the room enough for sleeping as Tim approached the left side of the bed. He dropped the bag on the floor and began to dig out some clothing when Diana appeared behind him.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“I'm just digging out some night clothes,” he said as he stood up holding a pair of shorts and t-shirt. Wonder Woman smiled and grabbed him by shirt collar and brought him closer to her.

“Who said we needed clothes tonight?” she whispered. A huge grin appeared on Tim's face; he knew what she wanted. Diana fell into the bed; still holding onto his collar which pulled him on top of her. The two began to make out furiously as they held each other close.

The next morning

The sunlight of the dawn entered the bedroom, lightening the room enough to bring Diana awake. She opened her eyes to see the spot next to her slept-in but empty. She sat up and looked around the room. All she saw was her and Tim's clothes strung out all over the floor. She turned her attention towards the slightly open curtain leading to the balcony to see Tim leaning against the marble railing wearing nothing but the gray sleep shorts he pulled out of his bag last night. She got out of bed but instead of throwing on any clothes; she stayed au natural as she walked out onto the balcony.

Tim just stared off at the sunrise, taking in the beauty of it as well as thinking about the night before. He thought he heard the curtains rustle but didn't respond to it. Suddenly, two feminine arms came from behind him and wrapped around Tim. He then felt Diana's body touch his as she brought herself in close to him just before he felt a soft smooch on the back of his neck. Kaiju turned his head to the right as Diana came around to his side, still keeping her left arm around his mid section while Tim wrapped his right arm around Wonder Woman shoulders. Feeling her soft skin against his was a sensation he couldn't get enough of.

“Good morning beautiful,” he said to her with a smile.

“Good morning handsome,” she replied with a smooch on the lips. Tim looked her up and down to see that she wasn't wearing a stitch of clothes on.

“Modest, aren't we?” he said as a joke.

“Nothing anybody here hasn't seen already,” she replied. “Including you.”

“Believe me, I don't mind the view,” Tim retorted with a grin.

“Me or the sunrise?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Both.” The two chuckled over the joke.

“What did you think of last night?' she whispered to him.

“Even better than last time,” he said with a huge smile.

“That's because you knew what you were doing this time,” Diana fired back. Tim raised in eyebrow.

“I had a good teacher,” he answered, maintaining the grin.

“After last night,” she added, “consider yourself a straight A student.” The two giggled as they gave each other another quick smooch. Diana put her head on Tim's shoulder while Tim laid his head on her's.

“Thank you Tim,” she said softly.

“For what Diana?” he asked.

“For being here for me,” she answered.

“You had better get use to it my dear,” he said, “Because I'm always going to be here for you.” The two of them tightened their embrace as they stared off at the sunrise.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/