Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

three
Keizer

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by three »

DinoMaster wrote:
Kubo wrote:It sounds like a good idea to me, though I think including aliens would make the plot too top-heavy and overwhelming. Keep it earthly, IMO.
Thanks for the feedback. For the aliens, I had the idea that in seeking sanctuary on earth, they would trade their technology as a trade off. The alien 'terrorist' group would be ones trying to take the planet as their own. But it's just an idea at this point.

Personally I'd drop the alien angle. You have a very interesting idea with potential there using terrorism and the edf as a sort of global police force in the absence of monsters...or the apparent lack there of, considering how monster like a terrorist can be...
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I've notice that some people have created idea threads that only serve the purpose on what the author asks for people on what they want them to do. I tend to think of these threads as a waste and clutter up the section so I have decide to put this all in one thread and sticky it. However this will not be restricted to ideas for stories that people may want others' opinions but advice for stories they are working on and suggestions for the section in general.

Suggestions for the section? What I mean by that is similar to what Ernesth proposed with the Box Office with if someone has an idea for the section they may post their idea and gather input from others on if they like it or not. Therefore no one would be putting clutter the whole section even though some people might detest to this thread getting clutter but I think people would rather see one thread cluttered than the whole section. So let me go over some quick ground rules on how this all works out.

Rules

1. You have an idea or need advice than take it here, don't create it on a separate topic unless you are actually making a discussion board for it and actually plan to make a story out of it and not a thread just for ideas and won't even bother going back to. If not than it would be a waste of space that will indeed be either locked or deleted.
2. As above please suggest things (example Box Office) and flesh your suggestions out before you create a thread for it. Gain others' inputs on it before you post it and it turns out to be a bad idea.
3. If there is much talk on your suggestion than you may call a poll for voting, however each voting session lasts a week and another cannot be called upon until that voting period has run it's course.
4. If your suggestion passes the voting session than whoever you suggested it has the honors of posting the thread of it.

If you have any concerns, questions or wish to discuss it than please don't hesitate to tell me.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by toho_guy01 »

I am thinking about doing the "Godzilla Vs Clonezilla" Sequel but I'm not sure what kind of monster I should do. I actually started a prototype Prologue chapter which had Godzilla fighting against the antagonist and getting his arse kicked before grandpa Gojira saved him.
Anyone got any ideas?

Also, Trailer thread anyone?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Why can't I double post in my thread?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

So I found out you can only double post in the Regular Fan Fiction section.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

2004Zilla wrote:So I found out you can only double post in the Regular Fan Fiction section.
Report the issue to the mods in green or the admins. They'll resolve the issue, I believe.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So I had an idea for a fan fiction.

What if a deer ran into a radioactive sludge disposal area and grew 3 heads. Then ate a bird and grew wings. Then got eletricuted and seemingly died but then came back with electric mouth beams. Then a bear accidently swallowed a lighter and a spray can giving it flame breath and they faught to the death. Then the bear almost died when suddenly a bear sized armadillo/porcupine came out of no where and helped the bear to defeat the dear. That'd be awesome in my opinion.

What do you guys think?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ernesth100 wrote:So I had an idea for a fan fiction.

What if a deer ran into a radioactive sludge disposal area and grew 3 heads. Then ate a bird and grew wings. Then got eletricuted and seemingly died but then came back with electric mouth beams. Then a bear accidently swallowed a lighter and a spray can giving it flame breath and they faught to the death. Then the bear almost died when suddenly a bear sized armadillo/porcupine came out of no where and helped the bear to defeat the dear. That'd be awesome in my opinion.

What do you guys think?
i honestly think you're kidding. or trying to be funny. i can't tell.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

No I'm serious. It'll be a quick funny One-Shot Godzilla Spin-Off.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

What do you guys think?
If you want me to be honest... that sounds reeeeally stupid.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

2004Zilla wrote:

What do you guys think?
If you want me to be honest... that sounds reeeeally stupid.
I know right? That's the point!

Which is why I've already started.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ernesth100 wrote:No I'm serious. It'll be a quick funny One-Shot Godzilla Spin-Off.
ok, so funny is part of it. in that case, it's cool. give it a shot and see how it goes. you really don't have much to lose by trying, right? :)

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

So I recently have been playing with an idea in my mind for the Beginner's section in which that is to give this section their own Emmies. Why? Well I think it would be fun for the beginners to partake in their own emmies and to be fair for them to win instead of having to go up against the big writers. I was also thinking that the beginner's emmies should occur in Fall and Spring as oppose to Summer and Winter for the Veteran's emmies.

What do you guys think?
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I say give it a try.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I've been working on my Emperor Kaiju story; coming up with ideas and angles and I have one that I need some feedback on: the dilemma with Doomsday vs. the monsters. While I don't want him to be as big as Godzilla (using him as a measuring stick); I don't think it would be interesting if Doomsday was human sized as it would become monotonous.

I was thinking of a scenario:

After the last defeat of Doomsday; he was sedated (a way to be figured out later) to prevent any further rampages. When the monsters were brought into the world: the US has been tweaking his size in order to confront them should they ever go out of the JLA's control and attack America. When Kaiju and Wonder Woman destroy a certain prison in the US, the president sees this as an attack on the country and sends Doomsday out to take out Tim and Diana. He hasn't reached "Godzilla-sized" but is around, say half his size. This way he can still give some decent fights but not seemed overpowered if he was eye-to-eye with the King of the Monsters.

Remember: certain parts of the scenario are still being working on and still vague.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

three wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:No I'm serious. It'll be a quick funny One-Shot Godzilla Spin-Off.
ok, so funny is part of it. in that case, it's cool. give it a shot and see how it goes. you really don't have much to lose by trying, right? :)
I've finished.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=20982
It was so easy I did 2.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

ernesth100 wrote:
three wrote:
I've finished.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=20982
It was so easy I did 2.
I recommend you type it in word so that it can detect spelling/grammatical errors.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Who would host these Emmys?

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

For the first one, I'll host it... mainly to show how these ones are done. After that they're up for grabs.
52 wins and 27 loses

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Good idea.

And voting is open to all users, I assume?