Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by wisper15 »

Kubo wrote:To quote Three:
well what's the story?
Setting and plot, while not needed to answer your question, are important things to consider. I'm assuming you're talking about Wisper II, but I don't want to jump to conclusions
No, completely different. It's about a story of three demons trying to stay united as several forces threaten to tear them apart. I'm starting at the very beginning, but am stuck on how I will start this shit.
TK's resident Taurean

three
Keizer

Post by three »

creation. think life. you're talking about demons; nasty, vile things.

why do they exist? what's their purpose? why bother uniting when they can arguably do whatever they want, at least according to our traditional western upbringings?

i mean, you've delved into the realm of fantasy here with the element of the demonic. what you can't do is going to be up to you.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

three wrote:creation. think life. you're talking about demons; nasty, vile things.

why do they exist? what's their purpose? why bother uniting when they can arguably do whatever they want, at least according to our traditional western upbringings?

i mean, you've delved into the realm of fantasy here with the element of the demonic. what you can't do is going to be up to you.
You just made me crawl in the corner, questioning life as I know it.
I wanted to know how to start a story, not answer a philosophical question about fucking life, man! :lol:

Shit... I think I'll just figure it out in a different way...
TK's resident Taurean

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Wisper15 wrote:
three wrote:creation. think life. you're talking about demons; nasty, vile things.

You just made me crawl in the corner, questioning life as I know it.
I wanted to know how to start a story, not answer a philosophical question about fucking life, man! :lol:

Shit... I think I'll just figure it out in a different way...
no, silly goose, that's how you start it! duh!!

you explain the origin to start the story. ya know, "long ago, the darkness was breached by an ancient creature, desperate to explore the void of its existence, lonely, and afraid..." or something like that to give a level of understanding and emotion to the story right out of the gate.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

^ I dunno if that would work. I'm not good at that shit, and it would seem too edgy to me. I'd tear the book to pieces.
TK's resident Taurean

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Give it a shot! :) It may turn out great!
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Never be afraid to take chances. You may surprise yourself. Sometimes even starting with some sort of aftermath gets readers' attention.

Anyways,

I finally got figured out how I want to tackle in Emperor Kaiju.

First of all; new title: Fall of a Hero. Not very original I know.

Secondly here's how I've laid it out after they begin their globel annihilation of terrorism.

They start small by going after pirates, human traffickers, and poachers and gradually going up to terrorist camp.

The group then goes after Ra's al Ghul, causing some tension with Batman.

Escalation occurs when they tackling whole countries, i. e. Israel/ Palestine; ordering peace or the monsters destroy said country.

After recruiting some inmates, takes care of Arkham.

POTUS lures Kaiju and Wonder Woman into trap with Doomsday and Kaiju orders all out assault with the most powerful monsters against him.

JLA's endgame: takes control of some of the monsters, enraging Tim and Diana, causing a global assault between the two teams, ending with Kaiju and Wonder Woman declaring themselves global rulers.

This is a broad layout. I'm still working on the finer points.

Thoughts?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Sounds pretty epic. Just don't be losing the characters in the midst of it. The chemistry between the leads needs to be strong and Batman's gotta be the badass you've made him out to be in the previous installments. Otherwise, I think this is a wonderful idea.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Okay I've got an announcement to make for the FF community.

Some of you have been wondering when the hell the Emmys are going to start. I want it to start as much as you guys, but the reason why I'm delaying it is because there hasn't been much content out as of right now. Which is what happened during this year's summer's Emmys when only like Bio, Bdog, pta and myself voted. Though you could say we can have another remembrance awards, but I want to wait till the 10th Emmys for that to happen.

Though I am extending the time for people to get content in by the time the Emmys start in which nominations can be start being made sometime in the middle of January. I will inform the person of my choice to host to see if he wants to do it then if not then I will keep going until I'll just have a returning host do it.

Hopefully that will put some minds at ease about the Emmys and stayed tuned in between now and when the thread is made for more updates.

Cheers!
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by toho_guy01 »

Anyone mind answering how to make interesting destruction sequences and fight sequences? I really would like to know this.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

toho_guy01 wrote:Anyone mind answering how to make interesting destruction sequences and fight sequences? I really would like to know this.
If I were you, I would read some fight scenes from stories around here and use them to see how to make a good fight.

My suggestions are TFKA 4 & 5 as those have some good fights and sorry to toot my own horn but check out the Chris Jericho vs Steve Blackman fight from my WWF Attitude Story,

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

I could use a little advice. I'm still wanting to work on my story, but I'm at a bit of an impasse. On one hand, I would like to introduce the human characters and get the plots working on those. But I'm also torn about even having them, and focusing more on the kaiju. Both sound interesting, and I'm stuck on what direction it should go in.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

All I can say is if you do have characters, don't make their story obligatory fodder for the kaiju fights. Their struggle can/should be linked to that of the kaiju.

It's perfectly okay to not even include characters too. You'd have to focus more on developing the kaijus' personalities at that point.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

I think I'll be keeping the humans, as I want to continue the plots with them that I've cooked up.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Well, can anyone give me tips on how to do destruction sequences in Kaiju fan fics?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

toho_guy01 wrote:Well, can anyone give me tips on how to do destruction sequences in Kaiju fan fics?
I would say describe what kind of destruction the kaiju is doing, use how their powers effect the whole area and in what way. Plus, if there's human characters then you should also do it in their point of view. Tell us how they see the city their in, collapsing or exploding.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GoJiSbAcK
Samurai

Post by GoJiSbAcK »

OK, I have an idea for a fanfiction/tv show thing.

It's called SLENDER.

In the pilot, I kinda think it should be like this guy who finds all these photos and newspaper articles about "Slenderman" and he goes to find out. In the first episode, it's in parts. The guy finds a park. When he searches around, he find pages. "GO AWAY", "I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH", "YOU DONT WANT TO SEE WHATS HIDDEN HERE", etc is written on the pages and there is also little doodles of pine trees and one strange one that is a picture of like a faceless child. The an is creeped out and when he sees a figure in the woods, it gets real. In the second episode, I think it should be like when the man runs away and stays inside a little house for the night. When he wakes up, he finds pages written all over his walls. "I SAID GO AWAY", "DONT COME NEAR ME", "I ONLY SPEAK STATIC", "I KIDNAP CHILDREN", etc was written on the pages. When the man tried to get up and leave, he couldn't move. He tried again. Nope. Slenderman appeared in the room, and the man stares at him for too long. He then dies. The title finally comes up, and then it leaves for the next episode.

Any thoughts?
Totally not a troublemaker.

DEMON DEMON DEMON

Also, I hate it when I'm the only one online.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

^ I think "I KIDNAP CHILDREN" and "I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH" are kinda bad...probably would remove both of those and make different pages. Furthermore, there should be a second character, someone he meets in the second episode. There has to be some resolution to his character so he doesn't just die and that's that. Y'know?

But it could work.

GoJiSbAcK
Samurai

Post by GoJiSbAcK »

Kubo wrote:^ I think "I KIDNAP CHILDREN" and "I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH" are kinda bad...probably would remove both of those and make different pages. Furthermore, there should be a second character, someone he meets in the second episode. There has to be some resolution to his character so he doesn't just die and that's that. Y'know?

But it could work.
Good idea. But afer* the second episode a new character shows up and is the main character.

*after
Totally not a troublemaker.

DEMON DEMON DEMON

Also, I hate it when I'm the only one online.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

^ Not necessarily. Switching characters would disrupt the flow of the story and force you to draw up another character arc. Keep 'em together. Two's company, as the saying goes.