What was your very first fan fiction you ever wrote?

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

EarthBaragon
Ronin

What was your very first fan fiction you ever wrote?

Post by EarthBaragon »

While this is technically not an actual fiction, I figured that this is the most likely spot I should make this thread. So forgive me if I put it in the wrong thread. This seemed to be the most logical place. Sorry if I was wrong and my thanks if a Mod does move it to the correct spot. If it is in the wrong spot that is.

As some of you know I recently moved. And I mean far. Now I dwell within an entirely different state and most of my stuff is all packed up. Only got my essential stuff with me at the moment. At least I thought it was just my essential stuff. There was a box of old papers and folders that I had thrown in my car and decided not to put into storage...for whatever reason or not.

Well...today I opened said box, and was surprised to find an old...and I do mean old, green three ring folder. It was an object that began to stir faint memories within my mind. And as I open it up, my eyes beheld a sight I had not seen in nearly 20 years. It was my very first kaiju fan fiction I had ever wrote. All 11 pages! All 11, horribly structured and improper grammar, pages. Complete with disillusioned spelling errors and punctuation flaws. And you can tell it was written by an 11 year old. I used the word "Then" in almost line when I was describing the fights. And I had no freaking clue where you break up a battle into smaller paragraphs. Oh it's bad lol. But there was a lot of love put behind it I remember. It's still readable...albeit difficult at times I will admit.

So what was this work of fiction about....well you might be surprised that it wasn't about Godzilla. It was about Gamera. This was basically a telling of Gamera The Super Monster. Just without all the stock footage you know ;) The story basically worked around Aso, the pilot of the Super X-4. Yep....I went there folks haha. So basically some aliens come down and want to conquer the planet. Aso and the military are like "bug off this is our planet you solar sucking scum". A scuffle breaks out and Guiron is called into action. He beats the Super X-4 but luckily Gamera shows up out of the blue!!! Gamera kills Gurion and flies away. Unfortunately the ground at the battle field opens up and swallows up the remains of the dead Gurion body.

Fast forward through a giant chuck of the story and you find Gamera facing off against all his classic Showa adversaries. This time the aliens start to pair the monsters up; hoping that a 2 on one fight would go better than a 1 on 1. Viras is paired with Zigra. Gyaos teamed up with Baurgon. Jiger was coupled with Space Gyaos. But you know everyone's favorite turtle monster beat them all. But in the end of every battle, after Gamera flies away, the ground opens up and eats the monster's dead bodies.

So now we come to the end of the book. The climax battle. Gamera flies to the UFO and is bound and determined to take it out. But the aliens have on last trick up their sleeve. They shoot a green ray into the Earth, which in turns opens it up. From out of the ground comes a Chimera monster. A beast with body of Gyaos, and the wings of Space Gyaos. In the center of it's body was Zigra's head...and on it's arms...instead of hands...there was the heads of Gurion and Viras! And The heads of Baurgon and Jiger and Gyaos sat upon the monster's shoulders!.
Now I know what some of you are thinking...goofy huh? Well...yeah it was. And I have to confess the idea of the monster was not entirely mine. At least not completely. In one of the earlier G-Fan issues there was a piece of fan art that someone had done of this monster. (And when I say earlier, I mean like in the first 10 issues). There was this odd Gamera monster that they did that they called Powered Gyaos. It was pretty close to what I used int he story. Though It didn't have any part of Space Gyaos. And I am not sure if it actually had human like arms for Guirons and Viras' heads. Those might have been on the monster's chest too. I would check it out but like I said...all my stuff is in storage at the moment while I look for a house, so I can't check it out. But maybe there is someone out there that knows what I am talking about. Anyway...I was really amazed at how cool this monsters was. It had used every Gamera monster that there was at the time. (Remember this was 94/95. It was right before the 90's Gamera movies were set to come out). So this was a really neat monster to me. And I wanted to build an entire fan fiction around it. But I wanted to explain how the hell this Chimera came to be and to also include the grossly overlooked Space Gyaos.

Well Gamera beats the thing in the end, and destroys the alien Spaceship. And he flies off to heal his wounds. Honestly wouldn't that have made a cool Gamera movie to end the Showa series? Not the clip show that we got huh? But I got to say....ahhh memories. I tell you, reading that thing again really did put a smile on my face. And not because it was so bad that was just bad. It just reminded me of simpler times in my life. Back when I didn't have the worries of real life. Made me feel like a kid.

So that's it folks. My first really bad written monster fan fiction. Needless to say I did get a little better. My Angurius: Death in the Ice short story was just under 90 pages. What it lacked in the number monsters as my earlier stories...it makes up for in less grammar errors haha.
So....anyone else remember what their first kaiju fan fic was?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: What was your very first fan fiction you ever wrote?

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=14406 I just cannot look at myself in the mirror with a smile ever since I unleashed this thing onto the internet *sob*
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Thu May 15, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

If you mean on TohoKingdom only, I did make a Godzilla: The Animated Series show. It was the first one I made on this site. It wasn't all that great.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Here's an excerpt from an old Godzilla fic for you all to laugh at and enjoy.

A Red Bamboo scientist faces off with an adolescent byproduct of his experiments with Spacegodzilla's crystals, and gives it a name in the most hilarious manner possible:

The one foot tall mutant roared ferociously at Carl, flexing its crystal talons. Carl remembered how strong he and Dr. Hunter had discovered the crystals to be. This little creature could do a lot of damage, perhaps even claw through steel. Luckily for Carl, being a member of the Red Bamboo meant that you had access to an array of weapons.

Carl began to slowly back towards the basement. He had a device called a shock stick, a Red Bamboo weapon designed to incapacitate targets with a burst of electricity. The victim suffered little to no injuries. Carl had to catch this… this… crystal rat alive.

Crystal rat, Carl thought absentmindedly. Sounds catchy. How about Crystalat? Or Krystalak! Even better!
:lol:

That's right folks. Krystalak got his name because it sounded catchier than "Crystal Rat".

I dunno what the hell I was thinking at the time.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

*Points to Sins of the Ancestor.*

that there is full... of failure, and pain.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Gwangi VS Series:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... vs#p311517

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, and was just made for shits and giggles. Nothing else to say about it, except it may have been the start of Gwangi's reputation around here.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Kryptid.

It really wasn't much of a fan fiction, more like an experimentation in writing. Worked okay...
TK's resident Taurean

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Hahahaha I don't know. Count the stories I wrote in second grade, I guess. They're horrendous and absolutely hilarious in retrospect, but man , I used to think I was destined to be the next R.L. Stine.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.