DVH: The Reckoning (SignUps)

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

DVH: The Reckoning (SignUps)

Post by wisper15 »

I shall breath life, or make me death!

Storyline- There has always been conflicts between man and beast, for as long as humans have been around. But the most famous conflict is between man... and dragons. The Dragon Wars started in the Medieval Times, with what was known as the First Generation. These dragons breathed fire and flew with massive wings, the largest being 50 feet long. However, they were eventually driven to extinction... or so the humans thought. Few members of the First Generation survived, but those that did gave rise to the Second Generation, which were very similar, but had one advantage; they were social. Social enough to hold off the humans with staged assaults on several large cities. Although they were superior to the First Generation, they were still no match for man. The same thing could not be said about the Third Generation.They tore through the cities, killing millions. The humans tried to resist, but they themselves were driven to extinction. The dragons had finally overtaken the planet, ruling for billions of years. They grew not only in numbers, but they also grew culture; individuals were decorated for their victories during the Great War for Earth.

But times are changing; the Fourth Generation was born, the first Generation with more than one head. This came with a price; too many minds in one body will drive all minds insane, causing individuals in the Fourth Generation to rampage. At first they were isolated incidents, but then it grew to affect the entire Fourth Generation.

Now it's down to this: Will the dragons of the Third Generation control the frenzy of the Fourth Generation, or will their lust for carnage destroy the entire planet?

Now, here's a layout for the sign-ups. It's rather complicated, but stay with me here:

Generation: [ This is for deciding which Generation you want your dragon in. The Fourth is most numerous, but all are insane, unable to think straight. Third Generation are stronger. Second are very experienced, and the First is nearly extinct ]

Name: [ Need I say more? ]
Description: [ Every dragon is unique, but in the Third Generation, every dragon is different, even relatives. Some have four wings, others have two sets of jaws, the possibilities are limited by what you can think up. Just keep it reasonable, I want to be able to draw these. And make them unlike anything you've seen before! :huge: ]

Personality: [ Well, the Third Gen. is usually anything you can think of, but the Fourth is always insane. ]
Position: [ Some of the Third Gen. were in positions of military importance in the Great War for Earth, if so post it here! ]

Side Notes: [ If there is anything that should be said about this character, such as a back story, put it here{ or post it, what ever} ]

I will post an example of one soon, but make away! ;)
Last edited by wisper15 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident Taurean

HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: DVH: The Reckoning (SignUps)

Post by HayesAJones »

Generation: Third Generation
Name: Skathe Vermijor (AKA Blackteeth, Serpent-tongue, the Ashen Wrym, the Smoke Maiden, the Lady Dragon, the Lady Wyrm, the Winged Lady, the Lady of Fire, the Dragon Damsel)

Description: Skathe is a small wyrm with broad, powerful, prehensile wings and long, clawed forelimbs. She has no hind legs to speak of, only a snakelike body that flows out from behind her like a river of scales. This limbless length possesses two triangular sails that balance and steer her during flight. Her tail ends in a webbed fork. Her body is chiefly a deep purple color while the horns and bony crests that decorate her head are crimson red. The membranes stretching between her fingers and spines are vibrant orange and she has dyed her gums and eyelids teal, as well as stained her teeth black. This is because she is obsessed with femininity and has decided to imitate the extinct practice of makeup performed by human females.

Personality: Skathe is an extremely sly, selfish creature whose trickery is all but legend. Possessive and vain, she exists to serve only herself and increase her wealth, power, and beauty by any means necessary, though she is no fool about it. She makes fools out of other, not herself. Cunning and vicious, she is a speedy and competent- if supremely dirty- fighter and will not hesitate to maim even potential allies if she becomes too cross. She is also quite rebellious, taking pleasure in shattered the boundaries set by other. She does not like being told what to do. Despite her all around vileness, Skathe is quite the conversationalist and fairly good company when she does not believe that treachery will put her ahead. Her behavior does not even hint at the lows to which she is willing to sink, as she is dainty and talks in a tiny female voice that utterly belies her fifty-five foot length as part of her cherished "femininity." This charade holds up even as she murders and steals.
Position: Rogue. Skathe is a greedy and self obsessed creature that does not wish to bind herself to any organization not based around the complete and total worshipping of her image.

Side Notes:
- Skathe breathes bright blue flames that possess supernatural persistence. They will burn even underwater! Only her will or subdual can extinguish them.
- She is the child of Corvus Unhindh and Naul Silverteeth and grandchild to legendary First Generation dragon Gnarl Eldertree
- Skathe is odd in that she refuses to mate, thinking that this would entail her "submitting" to a male

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Generation: Third Generation
Name: Yolfusin(Fire Force Master)

Description: He has a body shape akin to Malefor's, with a cat-like body and eagle-like hands ending in four curved talons, with his hind legs ending in three talons like a T-rex. His wings are bat-like, with light red membranes, and his tail is whip-like, ending in a triangular spade. His head is mostly similar in apperance to Odahviing's, but being more wide and deeper, like a T-rex's. From atop his head are a pair of horns somewhat similar in shape to a goat's pointing upwards and the upper part curling. From the sides of his head are two pairs of smaller horn-like spikes that stick straight backwards. His body is a mix between crimson and purple, and his eyes and plated underbelly are golden.

Personality: Yolfusin is polite and efficient, always choosing to think ahead of time, and when in combat, he always remains calm and decisive, striking his opponents in any of their weak spots or pressure points.

Position: Rogue. He prefers to go on his own terms and doesn't work for anyone.

Side Notes:
-Yolfusin is completely fire proof, actively bathing in lava unharmed
-He's magic proof, but gains power from dark magic
Theme
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I'm liking this so far. I'll have a sign up by the end of the day, but in the mean time, what happened to kryptid?

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Generation: Fourth
Name: Kelvos Akanishtosh
Personality: Insane
Description: A three headed dragon that each stands for a different karma choice. One thinks for good and is peaceful, one is neutral and thinks only for survival, and the last is evil and thinks only for power. This causes insanity. The dragon is orange in scale color. He's a big brute and is cannibalistic with an exception of the good head. He has a massive wings and two tails. The good head is the head that is the most prominent in thought but is driven to insanity a lot of times. His fighting style is using strength to survive. Legs are giant and this dragon has four arms.
Side Notes: Kelvos has a long history of battling third and fourth generation dragons.
Kelvos is resistant to fire and ice
Kelvos has a female mate
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

You are a bandit AND I AM THE GODDAMN HERO!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Generation: First
Name: Primorus, the Dawnmother

Description: An incredibly ancient dragon, Primorus is covered in heavy scars, some of which run deep within her body. Her wings are in tatters, she is blind in one eye, and a few of her fangs have long been worn down, looking more like molars than canines. She is a rusty orange, and 50ft long.

Personality: Calm, soothing, retired, she prefers to not even bother with the war, wherever it be against humanity, or against the fourth generation, instead preferring to study the ways of the world, or rather, the once great empire of man, to see how they lived... or if any still live.
Position: A non-combatant. There are rumors, though, that she was the one who laid the first clutch of the Second Generation, and in a way, she is the herald of the downfall of mankind.

Side Notes: She is a secluded old hermit of a dragon, among the last of the first generation. She travels low and fast, rarely staying in one place for long, though rumors say she tends to be found in the ancient cities of Man....
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Giral2010 wrote:I'm liking this so far. I'll have a sign up by the end of the day, but in the mean time, what happened to kryptid?
I... was having trouble getting paper to write the third chapter, so I'm taking a break from it. Not for long, though...

I... :shock: whoa. You people are GOOD at making dragons. I'm gonna try to list them later, but damn... you guys are awesome. Thanks a lot; I hope for this to rival Kryptid possibly.

Side Note: Corzak, I'm lovin' that avy. Tyrant Dragon is badass! :g2k:
TK's resident Taurean

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Well, here's mine:

Generation: Third

Name: Dragonex

Description: His head ends in a point, much like a shark. Although the mouth ends where it's supposed to, the teeth kept going along the side of the body until the base of the tail.http://images.artsonia.com/art/large/29792912.jpg

Personality: Very arrogant. over-estimates himself every time. Will never leave area until he is done with what he came there to do.

Position: High General of the Forces. Was the main combatant in the Great War for Earth, destroyed many large buildings such as the Empire State Building. Followed no-one, never will.

Side Notes: One of Few Third Generation with no kin or spawn.
TK's resident Taurean

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Not sure if I'll sign up for this, but I like the premise of your story
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Why not? Everything's been good so far.

I plan on drawing these dragons, so have a question for SB63: What the fuck is a pauldron???
TK's resident Taurean

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

TheCheatingSimmer56 wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pauldron
:lol: That was the funniest thing I've ever seen!!! I feel so fucking stupid!! :lol:
TK's resident Taurean

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

This is prolly gonna sound greedy, but [mouseover=""And 'cause SB entered three dragons," yelled the snide part of Hayes before being shushed by common decency."]since not as many people have signed up for this fic as others[/mouseover], would it be possible for me to enter a second dragon? He's sorta Skathe's other half. Or vice versa since he was conceived first (I'm using beasts that came from another project of mine), but whatever.

*ahem* Well, anyways... would that be cool? Don't be afraid to tell me no if it doesn't gel with you.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

HayesAJones wrote:This is prolly gonna sound greedy, but [mouseover=""And 'cause SB entered three dragons," yelled the snide part of Hayes before being shushed by common decency."]since not as many people have signed up for this fic as others[/mouseover], would it be possible for me to enter a second dragon? He's sorta Skathe's other half. Or vice versa since he was conceived first (I'm using beasts that came from another project of mine), but whatever.

*ahem* Well, anyways... would that be cool? Don't be afraid to tell me no if it doesn't gel with you.
It gels pretty good.
TK's resident Taurean

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Alright, thanks!

Generation: Second Generation
Name: Kedos Croder (AKA the Demon of the Deep, the Storm Bringer, the Blue Death, Addonson, Big Blue)

Description: An unusually massive Second Generation dragon and forerunner to the immense variation in the Third Generation, Kedos is the last of the sea drakes and thus has no wings. He is much more heavily built than his airborne kin, holding girth that dwarfs theirs utterly in almost all cases. He weights three to five times the weight of an average Third Generation dragon. His seventy-two foot body is an almost uninterpreted blue color deep and dark as the northern ocean in which he was born. The navy hue is only broken only by his misty white eyes and the crimson stains on his spiny forearms. His stance on land is upright and somewhat reminiscent of old, inaccurate depictions of dinosaurs, while underwater he takes on a shape much closer to that of crocodiles and whales. The sight of his twin dorsal fins breaking the surface of the sea is a cause for fear among all unlawful dragons as well as other enemies of the draconic state.

Personality: While Skathe personifies the classic draconic traits of vanity, greed, and cunning, Kedos is pride, wrath, and brute force given flesh. The old sea drake is the most prideful creature on Earth, thinking himself above men, other dragons, and even the gods. The arrogance of the blue behemoth knows no bounds. Though in many ways this is his greatest weakness, making him gullible and easy to bait, it is also his single most deadly strength. The sea monster is supremely willful, able to shrug of burns, evisceration, and broken bones when his ego is wounded. Kedos is not stupid. Like all dragons, he is extremely long lived and thus far more wise than any man could hope to be. He simply fails to utilize his intellect in his arrogance. While Skathe talks in riddles and logical loops, Kedos is very blunt and straight forward. He has never been one for word play and likely never will. The wrath of Kedos is legendary. Though his Generation lost their war against man, he is thought to be responsible for one of the highest body counts of all Second Generation dragons. The sea drake rampaged across the Atlantic coast for nearly three weeks after his mate and unborn children were slain. The old beast's anger is nearly as tangible as the waves he rides, crashing down on enemies and crushing them under unimaginable weight and fury. The ocean dragon is cruel as he is stubborn and will makes offenders suffer agonies that they never before imagines before the perishing.
Position: Kedos holds no official position in the military due to his stubbornness and inability to fly, but he unofficially serves as something of a naval forces for his Third Generation descendants.

Side Notes:
- Kedos is the only child of Addon Blackbiter and Wraif Venator.
- Kedos is the last of the sea dragon because, without the mobility and speed of winged dragons, they were trapped and slaughtered by their enemy man. Their main strength, their size and armor, was useless when they were weighed down and obliterated from a distance. It was only Kedos's rage and spirit that saved him from death. If he had not been so motivated to survive by the death of his mate, he would have likely perished a well. The fact that he used his anger to avenge his family a hundred times over instead of protecting the rest of his race is not lost on him though. In fact, it haunts him every day. His massive ego is simply a way for the pained drake to cover it up.
- Kedos does not breath fire, but rather spits pressurized geysers of water that can clean buildings in two.
- Though the behemoth's breath is quite deadly, the main threat Croder presents is his mass and ability to use it. His armored skin, serrated like a shark's, can endure all but the hottest of breath attacks and thus invites physical assaults instead. This is where things become dangerous for those who oppose him. Due to his weight, Kedos is extremely difficult to knock down and can easily wrestle foes into submission. The sea dragon is slow though, so fast foes have the best chance of surviving his grapples.
- The sea dragon's famed "Crimson Shield" were not something he was born with, but rather the result of his spiked forearms being stained with blood during his weeks long rampage in the second wave of the war. Neither were his eyes always so pale. Kedos's eyes were once a burning red that could carve through darkness and deep sea murk like torches, but they were scarred white by the weapons of man when he avenged his fallen family. This is why he moves so slowly. He can no longer track fast movement with his damaged eyes.
- Kedos's late mate, Taigrin Peraetor, is more like Skathe than the old drake would like to admit. Like Vermijor, the sea dragoness was sly and vain, insulting her mate with vicious words beyond his ability to combat, though he had Croder's sense of sadism. This is part of the reason why Kedos cannot stand Skathe. She summons too many memories that he would rather forget.
- Kedos, as a sea dragon, has an innate sense for pressure and weather changes and often uses this ability to locate and travel within the eye of hurricanes. This lead to the untrue notion that he actually generated the storms and thus explains his title as the, "Storm Bringer."

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

I kinda want my character to be written with a moral struggle thing in mind, if that's okay.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

DaftFalloutGoji wrote:I kinda want my character to be written with a moral struggle thing in mind, if that's okay.
I... don't know if I could do that. I mean, they are dragons; morals aren't their main concern.
TK's resident Taurean

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Well, this has gotten interesting...
TK's resident Taurean

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Shi-ni, did you abandon this project?

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

^ Yeah, it just got so stale. That, and I want to write something where I made my own characters.
TK's resident Taurean