Waluigi?

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

You dig Waluigi?

I love him! Awesome character!
12%
I like him okay.
35%
I could take him or leave him.
41%
Don't like him.
12%
I skreeonking hate Waluigi.
No votes

Total votes : 17

Waluigi?

Postby hammysammy59 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

So a new Mario Tennis game is on the way, and more likely than not Luigi's evil doppelganger will be in attendance. It's been almost 12 years, what do you think of this guy? Personally I hated him pretty vehemently at first, but he doesn't drive me nuts like he used to.

He's still unoriginal and lame though. Waluigi is truly the Ghostbusters II of Mario characters: http://shigeruslist.com/2012/02/29/wheres-waluigi/
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Re: Waluigi?

Postby Gawdziller » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Just like Wario, I don't love him or hate him. He is just kind of there. I don't really get the venomous hatred of him, but then again, my natural apathy might have something to do with it.

I prefer Mario's traditional villains more than the grumbly clones.
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!
Legion1979 wrote:Oh yes, thank you for linking to a page with nothing but Japanese text. That was so damn helpful.
Brody wrote:I don't approve of any kind of sex that involves male genitalia
gzilla46 wrote: I've come up with WAY worse ideas than this.

Gawdziller
Mmmmm...open faced club sandwich...

Geiger Counter

Team: (Gareth) Edward(s)
Favourite Kaiju: Your momma

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:31 am

I remember both Wario and Lugi got their own games on the Gamecube and I had fun with both. Now weather you can do the same with Luigi's doppelganger I'm not sure.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I don't think Waluigi will get his own game since I don't think he is popular enough to earn his own game. I like him but most people view him as a spin off character.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby CheetoKamper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:46 pm

I thought he WAS a spin off character... anyway I don't think he'll get his own game simply because he hasn't had one yet. Has he ever even apeared in a game besides Mario Kart, Tennis, Baseball, any games of that type even? From what I can tell he only exists to keep Wario and his doppleganger schtick in place by giving him a brother. I think in this case popularity really isn't a factor here because he's never really been given a good shot and if what I assume is correct and that he hasn't apeared outside of a Mario sports game then there isn't much for anyone to go off of as far as to weather they like him or not. Personaly I'd play a game with Waluigi as the main character but I really don't see it happening anytime soon I'd rather see a game where you play the whole thing as Bowser first.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)
CheetoKamper
Interpol Agent

Team: On a night like this, you should talk about love
Favourite Kaiju: Gabara

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:54 pm

He deserves a chance in a Spinoff game with Wario ala Superstar Saga or add him in the Wario Ware series.
Unstoppable Fury , Unthinkable Power , Unbreakable Will.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Giga Kaiju
Black Dragon Emperor

Geiger Counter

Postby hammysammy59 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm

A look at the dweebs, trogs, butt-goblins and dingleberries that manage to make Waluigi seem less than terrible: http://shigeruslist.com/2012/03/12/whos ... anwaluigi/
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Return to Video Game Hub