Finished the main story and some of the side games. List of things I love about this game:
*SPOILER WARNING - READ AT OWN RISK* (we could really use spoiler tags)
- The new variations in combos, the new gadgets, and the new upgrades. I love being able to disarm someone and also break their weapons, summon bats to stun nearby opponents, not to mention fly all over the city with the grapnel upgrade. Basically, as almost every bit of promotional material stated, they took the concepts introduced in Arkham Asylum
and expanded on them.
- The surprise appearance of Clayface.
- The death of the Joker was very well done. If this really is Mark Hammil's final time with the character, he left on a high note. I'll miss Joker not being in "Arkham 3" (if there is one), but they've already begun building a story around it - with Harley being pregnant and all.
- The Riddler challenges are a lot better than Asylum
, since there's an actual story there and the challenges themselves are a lot more complex and engaging than in the previous game.
- The main story's about the same length as Asylum
, but the vast amount of side quests make up for that. Catwoman's levels, Zsasz's game, Riddler challenges, Deadshot, the Hush storyline, etc.
- Tiny, the Great White Shark. Where's Adam West when you him?
- "Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday..." In fact, I loved Penguin's entire part in this story. He comes as a complete asshole in this game and it's great to finally kick his ass after the hell he puts you through.
- The Mr. Freeze boss fight, which forces you to be somewhat creative. Had a lot of fun with that one.