Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Official Super Smash Bros thread

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Would anybody like to see Lyn of Fire Emblem as a playable character in a future title?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm

I also agree with the Star Fox characters. Not that I dislike Pokemon, but so far, SSB has had five playable characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, and Lucario). Give a little more love to the other games! :)
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:Would anybody like to see Lyn of Fire Emblem as a playable character in a future title?

That would be nice.

Showa Gyaos wrote:I also agree with the Star Fox characters. Not that I dislike Pokemon, but so far, SSB has had five playable characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, and Lucario).

It's been 8 playable Pocket Monsters.

Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't see how Geno is a 3rd party character when he is a Mario character?

He is SquareEnix's property actually, It says so in the credits of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga I believe.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I find that odd since Rare made Diddy and Dixie Kong but they are still own by Nintendo. I don't see why people want him so badly in a SSB game?

Well I guess when they got made they were owned from the beginning by Nintendo that's all.

Geno for Brawl, Why? I dunno, he could add some variety I guess, I'm not too big on him either but he could be cool, I don't play small characters though.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:48 am

I sense bias against Metroid/Mother. :(
bleep bloop

Hotrod93
JXSDF Technician

Postby Hotrod93 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Mother:
Ness
Lucas
Paula
Flint w/ Boney

Metroid:
Samus/ZS Samus
Sylux
Weavel
Ghor
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I can't think any other Mothra or Metroid characters that would bee good for the next game since Dark Samus would be another clone.

Dark Samus would only be a clone if they, in fact, made her a clone. Sylux would also be a good character. Not Ridley. He is too big.

MOTHER NEEDS CLAUS. Period.
bleep bloop

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I can't think any other Mothra or Metroid characters that would be good for the next game since Dark Samus would be another clone.

I can't see Mothra characters being in the game period. :P

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Well, since everyone else is posting the characters and stages they'd like to see, I might as well join in.

Characters:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Rosalina
5. Bowser
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. King K. Rool
9. Yoshi
10. Wario
11. Link
12. Zelda
13. Ganondorf
14. Midna
15. Toon Link
16. Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
17. Ridley
18. R.O.B.
19. Pit
20. Ice Climbers
21. Fox
22. Falco
23. Wolf
24. Krystal
25. Olimar
26. Kirby
27. Meta Knight
28. King Dedede
29. Captain Falcon
30. Samurai Goroh
31. Pikachu
32. Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
33. Jigglypuff
34. Mewtwo
35. Zoroark
36. Marth
37. Ike
38. Roy
39. Ness
40. Lucas
41. Mr. Game & Watch
42. Little Mac
43. Ray-01
44. Sukapon
45. Isaac
46. Mii
47. Sonic the Hedgehog
48. Solid Snake
49. Mega Man
50. Pac-Man

Stages:
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii):
A scrolling arena. Characters can get run over by characters in karts (Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, Funky Kong).
Pokétopia (Pokémon Battle Revolution): Is a different arena each time it's selected.
Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy): Characters cannot get KO'd by falling (they're returned to the stage by those forcefield bubbles).
Bowser's Bridge (World 1-4) (Super Mario Bros.): An old-style, pixel-y stage. If the axe is struck, the bridge disappears for a while, forcing characters to fight on the two ledges on each side.
Distortion World (Pokémon Platinum): Gravity switches, allowing characters to fight on the walls and ceiling. Also, Giratina (Origin Forme) appears and uses Shadow Force to attack the characters.
Duck Hunt Field (Duck Hunt): Ducks can be struck down by characters. The dog comes up and laughs when a character is KO'd (characters can also hit the dog if they're fast enough).
Excite Bike Track (Excite Bike): Characters can get run over by Excite Bikes.
Virtua World (Virtua Boy): Entirely black and red (and grid-like).
Olympic Stadium (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games): Random Sonic characters can be seen in the background doing Olympic events.
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country): King K. Rool's ship. Cannon balls occasionally rain down, striking characters.

And, what the heck...

Poké Balls:
Donphan: Uses Rollout back and forth across the stage, knocking any character it hits into the air.
Exploud: Uses Hyper Voice to knock characters away with sound waves. Same as the Barbara Assist Trophy.
Hitmonchan: Runs around the stage, upper-cutting characters. Same as the Little Mac Assist Trophy.
Magnemite: Homes in on the nearest character and attaches itself to them, causing damage to them with electric bolts (sort of like the Metroid Assist Trophy).
Arceus: Judgment. Instantly KO's all four characters (yes, even the one that summoned him). As rare as Mew or Celebi.
Darkrai: Dark Void. It sucks the three characters towards him, then puts them to sleep.
Tauros: Charges across the stage, stampeding across any characters in its way.
Plusle & Minun: The two join hands then use Thunder. It works the same as Pikachu's, except it's twice as powerful.
Kingler: Walks back and forth across the stage, then stops. A few seconds later, it uses Guillotine. Any character struck by the attack is instantly KO'd.
Hitmontop: Spins around the stage using Triple Kick, striking any character within distance.
Staraptor: Uses U-Turn, randomly switching the places of all four characters.
Vespiquen: Uses Heal Order on the character who summoned it, lowering their damage level.
That stupid ass ice cream Pokémon in Black and White: Drops a bunch of ice cream cone food items.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:25 am

I think if Snake can be part of the list of playable characters, there's one I believe deserves it as much as he:

SIMON BELMONT, from the Castlevania series!

ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:10 am

New idea!

TitanoGoji16 wrote:31. Pikachu
32. Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
33. Jigglypuff
34. Mewtwo
35. Zoroark

Upgrade Pokémon Trainer to fit Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and...

32. Red (Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise/Lapras/Snorlax/Espeon)

Admittedly, it might be a little tricky getting Lapras to work right, but still.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:32. Red (Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise/Lapras/Snorlax/Espeon)
Admittedly, it might be a little tricky getting Lapras to work right, but still.

It's pretty unbalanced, that wouldn't work.
Chris55 wrote:

hammysammy59
Interpol Agent

Postby hammysammy59 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:57 am

I really, REALLY want playable Ridley in the next Smash Bros.

"But he's too big!!"

Bowser has been hundreds of feet tall in canon Mario games (Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2). Ridley has been the same height as Samus in canon Metroid games (Metroid 1). If Bowser can make it, Ridley can. Sure he's tall and gangly, but he's really scrawny too... almost skeletal. His range, speed and power would be balanced by the fact that he's a pretty big target and surprisingly light for his size. Using his wings to glide, breathing fire, stabbing with that razor sharp tail... yeah, Ridley NEEDS to be in the next Smash Bros. Metroid needs more than ONE playable character, and it needs not be a Samus clone.

I'd like to see Gannon get his own moveset, instead of just being a tweaked Captain Falcon. Use that sword, damn it!

As far as third party characters go, we gotta have classic Mega Man. He could have a charge-shot ala Samus, and a steal ability ala Kirby. Simon Belmont and Pac-Man would be fantastic as well, though Simon's Smash Bros. moveset is a lot easier to imagine than Pac-Man's. Pac-Man WOULD have a killer Final Smash though (obviously he'd eat a power pill, turning his opponents into blue ghosts for him to chew on).

Third party characters we'll never see in Smash Bros. but I'd love to see 'em:
-Earthworm Jim
-Banjo-Kazooie

Honestly, if Nintendo and Rare had stuck together a COUPLE more years, I bet we could have had B-K in Melee. Maybe.

I'd like to see Nintendo get more creative with the alternate costumes/pallet swaps for characters. There're some good ones in there as of Brawl--Wario being able to switch from Biker to Classic is the best example, but I think they could add a lot more. Instead of just pallet swaps to represent Samus' different suits, they cold actually create the different suits. Mario and Luigi could wear costumes based on various power ups from over the years (they do already have their fire flower suits...). There's a LOT Nintendo could do here.
Haters gonna hate

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 am

hammysammy59 wrote:I'd like to see Nintendo get more creative with the alternate costumes/pallet swaps for characters. There're some good ones in there as of Brawl--Wario being able to switch from Biker to Classic is the best example, but I think they could add a lot more. Instead of just pallet swaps to represent Samus' different suits, they cold actually create the different suits. Mario and Luigi could wear costumes based on various power ups from over the years (they do already have their fire flower suits...). There's a LOT Nintendo could do here.

I know huh? That's one of the reasons I like Brawl+: Dr. Mario, Cosmic Mario, Referee Mario, Mario Sunshine Mario, etc.
Chris55 wrote:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 am

Gigan X3 wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:32. Red (Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise/Lapras/Snorlax/Espeon)

It's pretty unbalanced, that wouldn't work.

Yeah, maybe it's not such a good idea in hindsight. Maybe if they used the Brawl trio, but added Snorlax, Espeon and Lapras? *shrugs*

hammysammy59 wrote:I really, REALLY want playable Ridley in the next Smash Bros.

"But he's too big!!"

Bowser has been hundreds of feet tall in canon Mario games (Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2). Ridley has been the same height as Samus in canon Metroid games (Metroid 1). If Bowser can make it, Ridley can. Sure he's tall and gangly, but he's really scrawny too... almost skeletal. His range, speed and power would be balanced by the fact that he's a pretty big target and surprisingly light for his size. Using his wings to glide, breathing fire, stabbing with that razor sharp tail... yeah, Ridley NEEDS to be in the next Smash Bros. Metroid needs more than ONE playable character, and it needs not be a Samus clone.

Yeah, people who say Ridley can't be used due to his size drives me nuts. Just imagine, a Smash Bros. with Ganondorf, Bowser, Ridley, Mewtwo, King Dedede and King K. Rool all together... That'd be awesome.

Gigan X3 wrote:Dr. Mario, Cosmic Mario, Referee Mario, Mario Sunshine Mario, etc.

I'd love to see Bee Mario and Raccoon Mario.

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Ridley is still too big. Bowser averages about the size he is in Brawl. He is rarely super-big. Other than the original Metroid (in which Kraid is tiny too), Ridley has ALWAYS been much larger than Samus. Even in Galaxy, Bowser is only larger because of the Power Stars. He returns to his "normal" size when the game is over.
bleep bloop

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:39 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Yeah, maybe it's not such a good idea in hindsight. Maybe if they used the Brawl trio, but added Snorlax, Espeon and Lapras? *shrugs*

I'd love to see Bee Mario and Raccoon Mario.

1-But that's 2 big slow characters and 1 quick small character, still unbalanced : s

2-Image

Bee Mario doesn't look too great.
Chris55 wrote:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:1-But that's 2 big slow characters and 1 quick small character, still unbalanced : s

...But if they were added to the Brawl trio, it'd be three small characters and three large characters. Sounds balanced to me.

Gigan X3 wrote:2-Image

Hah, Raccoon Mario looks awesome. Though what's with Fluffy Cloud Hat Mario?

Gigan X3 wrote:Bee Mario doesn't look too great.

Aww.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:1-But that's 2 big slow characters and 1 quick small character, still unbalanced : s

...But if they were added to the Brawl trio, it'd be three small characters and three large characters. Sounds balanced to me.

Hah, Raccoon Mario looks awesome. Though what's with Fluffy Cloud Hat Mario?

No I meant, for a one slot, form changing character, to change between heavy, heavy and quick character, it's not very balanced.

About Fluffy hat, it's from Mario Galaxy, although it's not yet finished as you can see, still looks pretty good.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/ ... _image.jpg

That's how it originally looks.
Chris55 wrote:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 am

Gigan X3 wrote:No I meant, for a one slot, form changing character, to change between heavy, heavy and quick character, it's not very balanced.

So then mix the order up so it's Squirtle/Charizard/Ivysaur/Snorlax/Espeon/Lapras, something like that.

Legionmaster wrote:Other than the original Metroid (in which Kraid is tiny too), Ridley has ALWAYS been much larger than Samus.

The opening of Melee shows Samus fighting a Ridley that's the same size she is.

Return to “Video Game Hub”