Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Young Guy wrote:I don't know poop about FE so I haven't heard of ANY it's characters before their Smash reveals. Didn't know who Roy and Marth were in Melee, nor Ike in Brawl and I had no idea who Robin, Lucina and Corrin were either. And what's with this "part dragon" stuff? Do people skreeonk dragons in the FE universe?

It's because Corrin's species in fire emblem is called Manakete. Basically they're humanoids that can turn into dragons. Corrin is half human though.

But if you want to get techinical, I guess someone skreeonked a dragon somewhere back in the line.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Well, I'm alright with Corrin in the sense that he seems interesting in that regard and that he is not a flat-out clone of the rest of the FE characters.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to skreeonk about, then tangent onto something unrelated and skreeonk about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can skreeonk some more. It's the circle of life.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:38 am

Sure, Corrin might be really fun to play as but, as I've stated a million times already, FE is a franchise I personally don't care about. I groan at seeing more FE characters because, well, it's more characters I'm not interested in appearing instead of the ones I want (woah, that sounded really ungrateful). I can understand why others are upset that characters they wanted didn't get in or if a franchise they like isn't getting any representation.

I wanted Nightmare, Mach Rider and Reckless Wiimote Safety Man but they're not getting in, so I'm disappointed. The "salt" is a bit excessive, though. There are people who are genuinely enraged and heartbroken at Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta's inclusion. Like I said I'm disappointed, not angry or distraught like some people.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Me too. But I guess the solace to go into is that if there's another Smash, then it'll be one hopefully with not as much as bias.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to skreeonk about, then tangent onto something unrelated and skreeonk about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can skreeonk some more. It's the circle of life.

MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:10 pm

^^
Eh, I just look at it now as more DLC we may never of gotten.
I'm still grateful we got Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, & Roy back.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm glad that those three came back, but since apparently they were going to be Brawl originally, yeah...

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Postby kamilleblu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Maybe we'll get Dixie, K. Rool, Shantae, and Shovel Knight for Smash 5. Also, Nintendo might rely more on original characters or start making assist characters playable. Solid news about the next installment is a long ways off though.

Shazam14
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Shazam14 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:26 am

I was really hyped with the characters we got. I can honestly say I am satisfied though I was rather shocked with the lack of King K Rool. Not that I have some sort of attachment to the character, I just thought he'd be in for sure. Oh well, I love the DLC characters we got (especially Ryu).

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I hope that villains get a chance to shine next time around.

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dr Mario » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Sorry to bring back the Corrin subject but after seeing it on this page I just wanted to ask...... Who the hell was asking for Corrin, I can understand Bayonneta getting in because she was heavily request I do have a little bit of doubt that she was the most voted character but I'm sure either way she would have been heavily requested but how many people would have voted or wanted Corrin to be in the game and yet Corrin gets in instead of characters people actually wanted to see.

Just my 2 cents on the subject

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Dr Mario wrote:Sorry to bring back the Corrin subject but after seeing it on this page I just wanted to ask...... Who the hell was asking for Corrin, I can understand Bayonneta getting in because she was heavily request I do have a little bit of doubt that she was the most voted character but I'm sure either way she would have been heavily requested but how many people would have voted or wanted Corrin to be in the game and yet Corrin gets in instead of characters people actually wanted to see.

Sakurai likes the Fire Emblem series. As simple as that.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Godzilla 2000
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Dr Mario wrote:Sorry to bring back the Corrin subject but after seeing it on this page I just wanted to ask...... Who the hell was asking for Corrin, I can understand Bayonneta getting in because she was heavily request I do have a little bit of doubt that she was the most voted character but I'm sure either way she would have been heavily requested but how many people would have voted or wanted Corrin to be in the game and yet Corrin gets in instead of characters people actually wanted to see.

Corrin's just here to build interest for fire emblem fates comes to america. Literally, thats it. The game's already been out in japan since june of last year. :/

MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MrGameguycolor » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Seems like the development staff was all for it:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/23/496/
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dr Mario » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:14 pm

*Looks at roster and sees five character*

Yeah that's totally diverse as possible.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

At the end of the day, it is Sakurai's way, sadly or not that is.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:21 pm

FYI, Bayonetta and other dude coming out on the 3rd of Feb: http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Glad to know that Corrin and Bayonetta will be available so soon. Both look fun to play with and against.

Perhaps, it'll surely be an ODYSSEY to fight them on as they have many options to possibly gimp you somehow, but at least from what we've have seen in the videos, it may be the other way around too.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:34 pm

In the next game, Chrono should be added.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:46 am

LegendZilla wrote:In the next game, Chrono should be added.

Nah. We need Radical Rex, skreeonk.

OT: Rumour has it that Smash 4 will be a launch title for the NX.

Return to “Video Game Hub”