Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:36 am

Young Guy wrote:Has anyone noticed that most of the DLC "characters" that people actually wanted are just Mii outfits? Chrom, K.Rool, Ashley, Geno, Inklings, etc.

Immediately noticed that as they were showing the last Mii costumes. A majority of those characters were highly requested. I guess the ballot really was just a way to turn all the fan faves into Miis :lol:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:43 pm

You'd actually surprised how voted beyonetta is. She was top 5 in the US and #1 in europe. I think some problems are that many people that wanted these characters didn't vote(For an example, many Wolf fans took it for granted asuming he was very likely.), many just weren't legibable, and some seem popular but aren't, they just have a very loud minority. :P

Also, the ballot wasn't going to pick the top regardless, it was more of picking the best choice out of those top ones. Hence why we got bayonetta.(Which I'm very glad for.)

As for corrin, well, yeah, obviously Corrin is there to promote fates. Thus was planned. But eh, I'm one of the very few that are excited for them. I could care less about represanation, given that the only juggernauts that even get a ton of reps are Mario and Pokemon, thus seems irrelevent.

Gameplay is more important to me, and Corrin and Bayonetta both deliver very well.(And Cloud, got him yesterday, character I never knew I wanted.) That and male Corrin is cute. :P That and Corrin turns into a fricken dragon.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:54 pm

I can't help but feel Bayonetta was planned before the ballot. She looks like ahe is in the balancing phase where she ia mostly done vs how long it took to work on Mewtwo, the ebd of the ballot wouldn't have been enough time.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:02 pm

She could still have a lot of bugs and glitches not seen in the trailer.

They could also be working on the 3ds version of her too.(They didn't show any 3ds footage of her or

But regardless, they made it crystal clear that she was indeed the ballot winner.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 pm

I feel like Corrin could have been made until the fifth Smash, but decided to do it now with the game close to release. So, THAT'S PUBLICITY to all of you.

Since I saw him/her, I figured he/she would be playable in Smash, in due time that is. But not THIS SOON.

Well, who knows who will be playable by the time 5mash hits on the next Nintendo console by the FE franchise, but man...
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to skreeonk about, then tangent onto something unrelated and skreeonk about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can skreeonk some more. It's the circle of life.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dillyziller » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Giga Kaiju wrote:I feel like Corrin could have been made until the fifth Smash, but decided to do it now with the game close to release. So, THAT'S PUBLICITY to all of you.

Since I saw him/her, I figured he/she would be playable in Smash, in due time that is. But not THIS SOON.

Well, who knows who will be playable by the time 5mash hits on the next Nintendo console by the FE franchise, but man...

If 5mash ever does happen.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Dillyziller wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:I feel like Corrin could have been made until the fifth Smash, but decided to do it now with the game close to release. So, THAT'S PUBLICITY to all of you.

If 5mash ever does happen.

Pretty much, but still. Inklings could have made it in that case into SM4SH by that same sense thought. But then again, we don't know precissely if there'll be another Smash game at all.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to skreeonk about, then tangent onto something unrelated and skreeonk about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can skreeonk some more. It's the circle of life.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Errrrmmm, smash 5 would take wuite awile though, by then, who knows how things will be.

As for smash on the NX, ehhh, at most, I can see a completed version if smash 4 with some added things.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:53 pm

TetsukiGroudon wrote:Errrrmmm, smash 5 would take wuite awile though, by then, who knows how things will be.

As for smash on the NX, ehhh, at most, I can see a completed version if smash 4 with some added things.

Maybe, but still. Only Nintendo knows if by then something happens if they'll continue with or without Sakurai. But many things could chnage by then, so yeah.

Not sure if they'll do that, but is an interesting way to capitalize on the console. Although, not sure if that many people would like to get essentially the same game with extra characters.

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dr Mario » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:53 pm

The thing that annoys me the most is that when you get down to it all the Fire Emblem characters are pretty much the same, they all have similar moves just with different stats sure there's a lot of Pokemon and Mario characters in the game but at least in the end they are different characters where with Fire Emblem they're pretty much a one trick pony. Yes I know that Robin has magic attacks but Corrin just looks like Marth,Roy,Ike and Lucina.

Godzilla 2000
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Dr Mario wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is that when you get down to it all the Fire Emblem characters are pretty much the same, they all have similar moves just with different stats

If you think marth/lucina play anything like ike or roy, you are greatly mistaken.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Dr Mario wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is that when you get down to it all the Fire Emblem characters are pretty much the same, they all have similar moves just with different stats sure there's a lot of Pokemon and Mario characters in the game but at least in the end they are different characters where with Fire Emblem they're pretty much a one trick pony. Yes I know that Robin has magic attacks but Corrin just looks like Marth,Roy,Ike and Lucina.

Ummm, no, LOL. Marth and Lucina I'll give ya. But the others are each in a different ballpark from eachother.

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dr Mario » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Ok that was a pretty stupid thing for me to say and I'll admit that but overall I'm just sick of Sword Fighter Characters and wanted to see more variety in dlc characters except for another bloody Fire Emblem character, why give us Bayonetta and another character who was high on the ballot.

MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MrGameguycolor » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Dr Mario wrote:Ok that was a pretty stupid thing for me to say and I'll admit that but overall I'm just sick of Sword Fighter Characters and wanted to see more variety in dlc characters except for another bloody Fire Emblem character, why give us Bayonetta and another character who was high on the ballot.

They saw potential in him/her, they wanted to promote the new FE games, this was the last they could gives us, & Sakurai along with the team are tired & most likely want to be done.

Honsently now, I'm quite grateful we got up to 7 DLC characters.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Dr Mario wrote:Ok that was a pretty stupid thing for me to say and I'll admit that but overall I'm just sick of Sword Fighter Characters and wanted to see more variety in dlc characters except for another bloody Fire Emblem character, why give us Bayonetta and another character who was high on the ballot.

Problem with that though is that Corrin was already planned, even before fates came out in japan. So yeah, he's really here just to promote fates, which I'll give you is a leginamate thing to complain about.(Admitelly I feel guilty for being so hyped for him because of this.) But he is very, very unique.(And the sword isn't the prinary feature of the character, that would be his dragon related powers.)

I mean, really, there aren't as many swird users as people think there are. Majority of characters attack using physical attacks or some kind of energy.

Even then, it's not like all swords are the same either. Anyone decently knowledged in weapons know swords come in many different shapes and sizes. Thus msny different uses.

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dr Mario » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 pm

That's the thing that honestly does annoy me more then the sword thing, I would be ok if he was highly requested character like Roy was (I will admit I was one of those people) but all he's really doing is promoting Fates. But anyway no one forced to buy Lucas and no's forcing me to buy Corrin, so may as well move on.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Corrin's fighting style looks really cool. I mean, how could you go wrong with being part-dragon or fully transforming into one? But... in my case, I have no attachment to the character himself/herself whatsoever. To me, they still appear to be the "avatar" character like Robin. That's just... boring. The most blatant case of adding just for advertising. Having no interest in getting the game they're appearing in, they'll be an easy pass.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 am

I don't know poop about FE so I haven't heard of ANY it's characters before their Smash reveals. Didn't know who Roy and Marth were in Melee, nor Ike in Brawl and I had no idea who Robin, Lucina and Corrin were either. And what's with this "part dragon" stuff? Do people skreeonk dragons in the FE universe?

I feel we should get ONE more character. Maybe it's just OCD, but the last bundle had 4 fighters and this next one only has 3. JUST DON'T MAKE IT ANOTHER FE FIGHTER!

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:33 am

Young Guy wrote:I don't know poop about FE so I haven't heard of ANY it's characters before their Smash reveals. Didn't know who Roy and Marth were in Melee, nor Ike in Brawl and I had no idea who Robin, Lucina and Corrin were either. And what's with this "part dragon" stuff? Do people skreeonk dragons in the FE universe?

I feel we should get ONE more character. Maybe it's just OCD, but the last bundle had 4 fighters and this next one only has 3. JUST DON'T MAKE IT ANOTHER FE FIGHTER!

Mewtwo was not apart of the Lucas, Roy and Ryu bundle.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

In that case, Mewtwo was its only thing. The rest were in 'packs of three' in a way.

Return to “Video Game Hub”