Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Super Smash Bros thread

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:34 am

Who am I best with? BOWSER! Say what you want about him being as mobile as a snail, but I can easily dodge most of the attacks sent at me, while pummeling those who challenge me into submission. Plus, who doesn't like Bowser-side? :P
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:45 am

Lucas. Cuz he's awesome. And is leagues better than Ness, who went from one of the best characters to one of the worst and still got nerfed more in Brawl.
bleep bloop

Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

I was great with Yoshi in Melee, but his character was tweaked in several ways for Brawl so he's no longer my best.

I most often use Bowser, Lucario, and ROB now.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Flygon King wrote:Who am I best with? BOWSER! Say what you want about him being as mobile as a snail, but I can easily dodge most of the attacks sent at me, while pummeling those who challenge me into submission. Plus, who doesn't like Bowser-side? :P

I main him but Bowser is so heavy and good that you should take advantage of every % you can instead of suiciding.

Legionmaster wrote:Lucas. Cuz he's awesome. And is leagues better than Ness, who went from one of the best characters to one of the worst and still got nerfed more in Brawl.

Yeah Lucas is awesome, but I think Ness got better from Melee to Brawl, Maybe it's because in Melee, the characters were much more capable of doing pretty much everything but overall compared to all characters, I find Ness in Brawl with more of a chance, I still prefer Lucas though.

Godzillatheultimate wrote:They need Mewtwo back. Mainly because I would like to have Lucario vs. Mewtwo. And more third party characters.

Mewtwo would rape Lucario if the later leaves the ground.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:Yeah Lucas is awesome, but I think Ness got better from Melee to Brawl, Maybe it's because in Melee, the characters were much more capable of doing pretty much everything but overall compared to all characters, I find Ness in Brawl with more of a chance, I still prefer Lucas though.

The main difference is speed. Brawl plays slower, which makes Ness an ever slower character. It's much harder to get his good moves off now. They also made PK Flash have a smaller range and move slower. It also doesn't help that I'm so used to Lucas. I fail with Ness' PK Thunder cuz I'm so used to Lucas's.

Mother 3 is better than EarthBound anyway.
bleep bloop

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:Yeah Lucas is awesome, but I think Ness got better from Melee to Brawl, Maybe it's because in Melee, the characters were much more capable of doing pretty much everything but overall compared to all characters, I find Ness in Brawl with more of a chance, I still prefer Lucas though.

The main difference is speed. Brawl plays slower, which makes Ness an ever slower character. It's much harder to get his good moves off now. They also made PK Flash have a smaller range and move slower. It also doesn't help that I'm so used to Lucas. I fail with Ness' PK Thunder cuz I'm so used to Lucas's.

Mother 3 is better than EarthBound anyway.

Yeah I too control Lucas' PK Thunder better, and yeah PK Flash is pretty lame now.

I don't fail with Ness' PK Thunder but I use Lucas' more effectively.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm the only person who favors Snake?
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:I'm the only person who favors Snake?

He's my main on Vanilla Brawl.
Chris55 wrote:

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Well...gee, my best character? Do I even have a best? Seriously, every now and then I pick up a new characters for ****s and giggles and find out that I'm actually okay with them. Right now I'm on Donkey Kong. But, if I had to choose, my absolute best would probably be the following(in no particular order): Snake, Ganondorf, King Dedede. Yeah, for some reason the heavy hitters are just so much more satisfiying to use. Especially Ganondorf. I can't decide which version of Ganon I prefer: Melee's which is actually a good character, or Brawl's just cause he's so much more fun.

As I said above, I alos like to use DK. Often times I'll pick up Bowser or Link. You know what? Let's just say I can probably use anyone besides Zelda and Peach to some degree. But one day I'll have to pick and choose if I want to get really good at the game. D:

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:I'm the only person who favors Snake?

Not at all. I just really hate the slower characters, and I'm not a fan of his play style. I latched onto Lucas before I even played Mother 3 because I like his quick hit&run style play. But he still packs plenty of powerhouse moves as well. I enjoy his well-rounded movepool and quirkier techniques.
bleep bloop

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 pm

vaporchu wrote:Well...gee, my best character? Do I even have a best? Seriously, every now and then I pick up a new characters for ****s and giggles and find out that I'm actually okay with them. Right now I'm on Donkey Kong. But, if I had to choose, my absolute best would probably be the following(in no particular order): Snake, Ganondorf, King Dedede. Yeah, for some reason the heavy hitters are just so much more satisfiying to use. Especially Ganondorf. I can't decide which version of Ganon I prefer: Melee's which is actually a good character, or Brawl's just cause he's so much more fun.

As I said above, I alos like to use DK. Often times I'll pick up Bowser or Link. You know what? Let's just say I can probably use anyone besides Zelda and Peach to some degree. But one day I'll have to pick and choose if I want to get really good at the game. D:

Ganondorf is awful D:

I love him in Melee, in Brawl he feels useless in comparison.
Bowser is much better in Brawl so I love him there.

Here's all my Top 3 Characters from all Smash Brothers in order:
Super Smash Bros:
1-Link
2-Fox
3-Kirby

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
1-Mewtwo
2-Ganondorf
3-Bowser

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
1-Snake
2-Fox
3-Bowser

Brawl+:
1-Bowser
2-Link
3-Fox
Chris55 wrote:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:Brawl+

...Wait, what?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:21 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:Brawl+

...Wait, what?

Patch you download and apply via SD card to Brawl that balances the game, makes it faster paced, allows for MUCH more customization and more.
Chris55 wrote:

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:28 am

Gigan X3 wrote:Ganondorf is awful D:

I love him in Melee, in Brawl he feels useless in comparison.
Bowser is much better in Brawl so I love him there.

Here's all my Top 3 Characters from all Smash Brothers in order:
Super Smash Bros:
1-Link
2-Fox
3-Kirby

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
1-Mewtwo
2-Ganondorf
3-Bowser

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
1-Snake
2-Fox
3-Bowser

Brawl+:
1-Bowser
2-Link
3-Fox

Like I said, I just like how much fun Ganondorf is. Actually, for some reason, I always seem to alternate between the best characters in the game and the worst(at least in Melee and Brawl).

SSB64:
1- Captain Falcon
2- Kirby
3- Uh...Jigglypuff?

Melee:
1-Captain Falcon(Fox or Falco used to have this spot, but I sort of stopped using them)/Ganondorf
2- Roy
3- Pichu/Kirby

I already said my Brawl Chars. I would have B+ characters, but I haven't kept up with it. I'm just going to wait for the Beta of PM to be released.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 am

vaporchu wrote:Like I said, I just like how much fun Ganondorf is. Actually, for some reason, I always seem to alternate between the best characters in the game and the worst(at least in Melee and Brawl).

SSB64:
1- Captain Falcon
2- Kirby
3- Uh...Jigglypuff?

Melee:
1-Captain Falcon(Fox or Falco used to have this spot, but I sort of stopped using them)/Ganondorf
2- Roy
3- Pichu/Kirby

I already said my Brawl Chars. I would have B+ characters, but I haven't kept up with it. I'm just going to wait for the Beta of PM to be released.

Yeah Well, You do see me using Mewtwo and Bowser in Melee, it's just that even then, they have combos and feel like they have a chance, Ganondorf in Brawl however, wouldn't last Vs Many characters.
Chris55 wrote:

Tim85
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tim85 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Could someone explain to me what this Brawl + is? I've never heard abou this.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Tim85 wrote:Could someone explain to me what this Brawl + is? I've never heard abou this.

I already did in the last page.
Chris55 wrote:

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:13 am

Tim85 wrote:Could someone explain to me what this Brawl + is? I've never heard abou this.

Fan hack of Brawl that you can download as a patch and load from your SD card that's designed to make the game have more depth, be faster(not to the point of Melee, though), and be more balanced than Brawl. It's also customizable, allowing you to give your character's a variety of new textures, replace the songs in the games, and even put in stages that you downloaded/created. You can also put in your own characters if you want, but they would probably be unbalanced with the rest of the cast.

....That's what I picked up from just hanging out at the Smash Boards.

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 pm

vaporchu wrote:

Fan hack of Brawl that you can download as a patch and load from your SD card that's designed to make the game have more depth, be faster(not to the point of Melee, though), and be more balanced than Brawl. It's also customizable, allowing you to give your character's a variety of new textures, replace the songs in the games, and even put in stages that you downloaded/created. You can also put in your own characters if you want, but they would probably be unbalanced with the rest of the cast.

....That's what I picked up from just hanging out at the Smash Boards.

It's pretty much, What you wanted Brawl to be at first.
Chris55 wrote:

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm fine with Brawl the way it is. Not like you whiney bitches.
bleep bloop

Return to “Video Game Hub”