Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Untitled Super Smash Bros. 4 Thread

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:I Approve of this list except I'd change Rosalina for Bowser Jr with Shadow Mario as alternate, have Shadow Mario play exactly like Mario from Smash Bros. 64, We need more villains.

Quite frankly, we need more female characters than we do villains (between the ones from Brawl and the ones I've added, I think we're good). Besides, Bowser Jr. would most likely just end up a Bowser clone.

If you care about clones and girls then add some Advance Wars female characters, there's many, they would add variety, Some Fire Emblem chicks, there's all kinds, half-dragons, half-beast, archers, witches, shamans, etc.

The White haired girl from that DS game, Nintendo made an awesome moveset out of Fox, Falcon and Game and Watch, so I'm sure they could do something great with her.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Great list. I still would like to see Skull Kid and Twinrova in a Smash Bros game.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Skull Kid would kick all kinds of ass.

Having him in SSB4 promoting him as the new boss of Zelda HD would be even better!
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:If you care about clones and girls then add some Advance Wars female characters, there's many, they would add variety, Some Fire Emblem chicks, there's all kinds, half-dragons, half-beast, archers, witches, shamans, etc.

The White haired girl from that DS game, Nintendo made an awesome moveset out of Fox, Falcon and Game and Watch, so I'm sure they could do something great with her.

Well, I prefer they be characters I've heard of, too. >_>

Besides, the Mario gang needs somebody new.
"Contact Star Hunter Universe M. Tell them we need Gigan's help immediately."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller

Geiger Counter

Postby Blackout286 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:I want Simon Belmont to be considered.

I want Alex Mercer...And Asura
Blackout286
G-Grasper

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 pm

^Mercer won't, because Prototype wasn't available for the Wii.
Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Oh wait, that was just Elizabeth Olsen.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 pm

The rules for 3rd party characters are that they must be video game characters only, must been in more then one game on a Nintendo system, and the limit amount of 3rd party characters are three or four.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Ridley is too big for Smash Bros. Dark Samus FTW (Although I want Sylux moar).

And if you want villains, throw Mother a bone and put Claus in. He would be awesome.

And I second Simon Belmont. But only if it's the incarnation from Captain N.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Legionmaster wrote:Ridley is too big for Smash Bros.

Oh God.

One of you.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller

Geiger Counter

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Fierce Deity Link would be awesome though I'm not sure if he would end up being a clone or not.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Legionmaster wrote:Ridley is too big for Smash Bros. Dark Samus FTW (Although I want Sylux moar).

And if you want villains, throw Mother a bone and put Claus in. He would be awesome.

And I second Simon Belmont. But only if it's the incarnation from Captain N.

No. Just no. :lol:
Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:If you care about clones and girls then add some Advance Wars female characters, there's many, they would add variety, Some Fire Emblem chicks, there's all kinds, half-dragons, half-beast, archers, witches, shamans, etc.

Well, I prefer they be characters I've heard of, too. >_>

Besides, the Mario gang needs somebody new.

Well, it's a good time to start knowing them! Lethe from Fire Emblem would be an Awesome addition: http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.c ... 0x1024.jpg

That's both of her forms.

Sami from Advance wars would be pretty cool, a nice counter to Snake:
http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_sami_4.jpg

Living Corpse wrote:Fierce Deity Link would be awesome though I'm not sure if he would end up being a clone or not.

How could he be a clone? He wields a two handed sword and that only.
Chris55 wrote:

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Shazam14 wrote:I don't think size would be an issue in SSB4. Look at Bowser, Olimar and Pikachu.

Olimar and Pikechu are small characters. Duh. Bowser is his average size that he normally is, comparatively. Bowser changes sizes all the time anyway, but his "base" size is about where it is in Smash Bros. Ridley, however, is always much much larger than Samus. He is never even only slightly larger. It won't work.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:Well, it's a good time to start knowing them!

I'm still not quite sure what the problem with Rosalina is, lol. There are a whole bunch of new, non-Mario characters on the list.

Legionmaster wrote:Ridley, however, is always much much larger than Samus. He is never even only slightly larger. It won't work.

Only for people with OCD. >_>

Seriously, though:

1) A human-sized Ridley was shown in Melee. Nobody complained.

2) Sure, Ridley's usually huge, but remember that these aren't the actual characters. They're toys/trophies/whatever.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller

Geiger Counter

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:26 pm

What about stages? I already have one in mind for MOTHER. Have a stage that mimics the final battle with Giygas in some way. The stage interactions could be based on the funky wallpaper and combatants could be struck by Giygas' incomprehensible attack. :lol:

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm still not quite sure what the problem with Rosalina is, lol.

Well I think a lot of people would much rather see someone like Bowser Jr. than Rosalina. But I would be ok with her I think, especially if she was a more heavyweight character.

1) A human-sized Ridley was shown in Melee. Nobody complained.

He was in the opening sequence, not the game. And he's still almost twice Samus' height and his length is easily three times that.

2) Sure, Ridley's usually huge, but remember that these aren't the actual characters. They're toys/trophies/whatever.

That hasn't changed the fact that everyone else but Olimar is about the size they should be compared to everyone else.

Why can small characters work but not big ones? They can easily change Ridley's size like they did to Olimar and Pikachu. Olimar is only about the size of a quarter. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he is about half the size of a normal human.

Uhh...they didn't change Pikachu's size. He's about how big as he is. Olimar is larger, but still by far the smallest character. Scaling up also doesn't have the same issue as scaling down does. Scaling something small up still allows you to keep that character tiny, as they did with Olimar. Olimar is also very compact, so scaling doesn't make him look awkward. Ridley's issue is that he is very long and very lanky. Scaling his length to fit into a Smash Bros. games will sacrifice too much of his size. I'd rather not see a neutered character over a more visually adjusted character.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby Dynomy84 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 pm

^
Actually, they sorta did. In the anime, Pikachu could easily jump up on someones shoulder. In brawl...Look at the size....
Dynomy
If all else fails, eat pudding. Pudding never fails!

Dynomy84
Fire/Electric Dinosaur guy

Mirror Counter

Team: The Burning Derps
Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla and Anguirus

Postby Crocodile » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Assuming Pikachu is his game height of 1'4" and Link is about 5'6" as an estimate (cause he seems a tad short)

In order for Pikachu to be sized accurately he must be just under 1/4 Link's height. Now I haven't played in awhile so if someone could just find a picture of the two together, we could end this all
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Crocodile wrote:if someone could just find a picture of the two together, we could end this all

Smash Bros.-Pikachu is basically friggin' dog-sized compared to Link. And he's hunched down in this picture.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller

Geiger Counter

Postby Crocodile » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm

^ So assuming Link is 5'6" to 5'9" that puts Pikachu are roughly 3'-3'6"

So Pikachu is about twice as big as he should be
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:03 pm

It'd be cool to get Pious or Alex from Eternal Darkness in there. After seeing Snake get in it's not too hard to believe they could get in and Eternal Darkness is exclusive to the Game Cube.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Hub