Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Official Super Smash Bros thread

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:17 pm

LANDMASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bleep bloop

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:30 pm

N33DS MOAR LANDMASTA!!!!!!!
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Melee has moar depth, but Brawl has online(that sucks when you are not playing a friends, but hey...it's the Wii) and is generally more accessable to my friends.

I pretty much like them equally, they both have their high points. Although once the Project Melee hack for Brawl gets released...

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Screw Issaac. Screw Krystal. Screw Ridley (he's too big anyway). Brawl needed Claus. Badly.
bleep bloop

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Legionmaster wrote:Screw Issaac. Screw Krystal. Screw Ridley (he's too big anyway). Brawl needed Claus. Badly.

In some games Bowser is pretty huge, but he was shrunk a little for Brawl. Don't see why Ridley wouldn't work(it's much better than having just two different versions of Samus >>).

What Brawl needed was some Mega Man.

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

vaporchu wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:Screw Issaac. Screw Krystal. Screw Ridley (he's too big anyway). Brawl needed Claus. Badly.

In some games Bowser is pretty huge, but he was shrunk a little for Brawl. Don't see why Ridley wouldn't work(it's much better than having just two different versions of Samus >>).

What Brawl needed was some Mega Man.

But Bowser changes size a lot. His standard size is about what it is in Brawl. Ridley is HUGE. You can't make him any smaller than he already is in Brawl. Then it's not Ridley.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:They need more Star Fox and F-Zero characters for the next game.

They don't need more than 3 Star Fox characters. They just need to dump Wolf and replace him with Slippy. Duh.
bleep bloop

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah. His final smash would be.....

FAWKS GET THIS GUY OFF ME!!!1111

At the Ridley comment: I'm fairly certain at least a few characters in Smash have had their sizes scaled up and down before. Like the Kirby characters. Going by recent games, Dedede should be larger than he is compared to Kirby. And in one of the games, Kirby is stated to be about 8 inches tall. So yeah. I still don't understand why it's a big issue if they shrink Ridley down a little(slightly taller than Bowser would work fine). Besides, it's not like Ridley is that much bigger than Samus in the NES game.

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:01 pm

vaporchu wrote:Besides, it's not like Ridley is that much bigger than Samus in the NES game.

That's ok, it's not canon.
bleep bloop

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Bring in Grey Fox or I'm not buying.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm

i remember hearing something about a SSBB2. but for the life of me i cant remember where i heard it!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm

zilla103192 wrote:i remember hearing something about a SSBB2. but for the life of me i cant remember where i heard it!

Fanboys, because Sakurai said he doesn't want to do another one.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:i remember hearing something about a SSBB2. but for the life of me i cant remember where i heard it!

Fanboys, because Sakurai said he doesn't want to do another one.

Link? Brawl was a huge hit, and it would be stupid not to do another one?

Don't have a link off-hand, but this is the best I can find.

http://wii.mmgn.com/News/Brawl-Sequel-may-be-Considered

Don't let the title and theme confuse you, events since the article have basically shut down any hopes of a 4th game anytime soon. Sakurai has since left Hal Laboratory, as planned, to start his own company, Sora. Since then, he has been working on Project Sora, which we found out to be the new Kid Icarus game for the 3DS. With Sakurai no longer associated with Hal Laboratory, it's unlikely there will be a new Smash Bros. anytime soon.
bleep bloop

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

There will obviously be another Smash Bros. but it will be for the next console, Let's hope this has more replay value than Brawl.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Legionmaster
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Legionmaster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm

People who whine about replayability in fighting games need more friends.
bleep bloop

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Legionmaster wrote:People who whine about replayability in fighting games need more friends.

Fighting games are mostly the only kind of games I play and when there's barely any deep in a game as big as Brawl, then I obviously get disappointed, It's just not as good as Melee, it's fun but there isn't much to it once you unlock everything, it's really cool when you have been playing a game for years and you still keep finding out stuff, this is not the case with Brawl and is the case with most good fighting games.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 am

im AT LEAST hoping for a straight transfer of one of the ssb games to the ds. hopefully the dsi, bcuz i dont see me buying a 3ds anytime soon.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

vaporchu
Yin-Yang Master

Postby vaporchu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:04 am

Gigan X3 wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:People who whine about replayability in fighting games need more friends.

Fighting games are mostly the only kind of games I play and when there's barely any deep in a game as big as Brawl, then I obviously get disappointed, It's just not as good as Melee, it's fun but there isn't much to it once you unlock everything, it's really cool when you have been playing a game for years and you still keep finding out stuff, this is not the case with Brawl and is the case with most good fighting games.

Just hold out for Project Melee then. :P

There's a problem with your "Smash won't have a 4th installment because Sakurai isn't on the team" theory, Legionmaster. Sakurai left HAL Laboratories and formed Sora after the release of Kirby's Airride, which was before development began on Brawl. Yes, he came back because they asked him to direct. But, I think as with his other franchise, Smash will eventually be taken up by another director or even another developer.

But yeah, SSB3DS please.

Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 am

With wi-fi and improved graphics I can honestly seeing SSMB working absolutely fine on a portable system.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If they make a 4th game on the 3DS or the next system after the Wii, I'm pretty sure Megaman will be the next 3rd party character since he was the second most request character to be in Brawl next to Sonic.

Ridley was highly requested throughout the entire process, and he ended up not being playable. Ultimatley, requests don't mean anything in the end.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Return to “Video Game Hub”