Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by KJ Corp »

Well, the suspect turnus out to be an af joke... Funny how an admin on smogon threatened to ban some people for saying things like "haha it's an af day joke".

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Probably because he was butthurt some people weren't fooled.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

So I restarted my X file due to me renaming my profile....and my Kanto starter was, in a 1/8,192 chance, a shiny Bulbasaur (now an Ivysaur). I've also gotten some other Shiny Pokemon by Wonder Trading; I have a Shiny Nincada and Gible (and maybe another one, I'm not sure).
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Out of dumb luck I managed to get a female Mudkip as my starter for my play through of Alpha Sapphire. How unusual is that, actually?
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

EdGojira wrote:Out of dumb luck I managed to get a female Mudkip as my starter for my play through of Alpha Sapphire. How unusual is that, actually?
I got a female Tepig (now an Emboar) when I replayed Pokemon Black again.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Ultra Magnus
Samurai

Post by Ultra Magnus »

EdGojira wrote:Out of dumb luck I managed to get a female Mudkip as my starter for my play through of Alpha Sapphire. How unusual is that, actually?
It's, like, a 1 in 8 chance. Not common but not really rare either.
Kaiju Galaxy welcomes discussion, fan artists and writers, and more!

Join the TohoKingdom Facebook group!

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rando ... -224549546

The sad part is I was down to two Pokemon and he forfeited (after I had, to this point, only managed to defeat his Vaporeon). :p
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Just had a great Maison run of 49 wins on Super Singles, but got slaughtered by Tornadus at the 50 mark. Not bad in my eyes.

Here's the team:

Sylveon
Ability: Pixilate
Item: Leftovers
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Moonblast

Greninja
Ability: Protean
Item: Life Orb
Surf
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Gunk Shot

Heracross
Ability: Moxie
Item: Heracronite
Pin Missile
Arm Thrust
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast

All three were awesome. Sylveon's Hyper Voice plowed through so many Pokemon it's not even funny. I discovered that Hyper Voice can hit through Substitute! I didn't know that: proves how much I pay attention. Protean Greninja needs no explanation: just awesome. Mega Heracross and its Skill Link ability is something that could rival regular Heracross's Guts ability for power.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Incase you couldn't already tell, each generation's Fire starter is based on an animal in the Chinese zodiac.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

LegendZilla wrote:Incase you couldn't already tell, each generation's Fire starter is based on an animal in the Chinese zodiac.
So dragon, badger, chicken, monkey, pig, and fox?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

LegendZilla wrote:Incase you couldn't already tell, each generation's Fire starter is based on an animal in the Chinese zodiac.
Nope.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

So, Hoppa Unbound has been (Officially) unveiled, the destroyer of Stall and Feral Chaos Reborn.
Spoiler:
4 Atk Life Orb Magician Hoopa-B Drain Punch vs. 252 HP/0 Def Sand Stream Tyranitar in Sand: 390 - 463 (96.5 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (100% after rocks)

4 Atk Life Orb Magician Hoopa-B Drain Punch vs. 192 HP/0 Def Defiant Bisharp: 426 - 504 (133.5 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO Catch it on the switch, that's one dead Bisharp, or if it thinks it's faster.

4 Atk Life Orb Magician Hoopa-B Drain Punch vs. 4 HP/252+ Def Eviolite Natural Cure Chansey: 281 - 333 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Magician Hoopa-B Drain Punch vs. 4 HP/252+ Def Eviolite Natural Cure Chansey: 281 - 333 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO from 88% (after rocks) - and recovering 140-162 HP, or 50%.

4 Atk Life Orb Magician Hoopa-B Drain Punch vs. 0 HP/0 Def Flash Fire Heatran: 203 - 239 (62.8 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 604-711 (94 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 200-238 (50.7 - 60.4%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 430-507 (109.1 - 128.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Alomomola: 519-612 (97.1 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 308-364 (87 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 406-477 (100.4 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 231-273 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 416-494 (105.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hoopa-U Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 361-426 (56.2 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 199-234 (56.5 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 246-290 (80.9 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Hoopa-U Ice Punch vs. 244 HP / 252 Def Gliscor: 374-442 (106.2 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yeah... Bye Bye Stall.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

New corocoro leak!

https://youtu.be/s4yP0tp7J4c

SO MANY QUESTIONS.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Pretty much confirms that we're getting sequels to X and Y. Which is good, because there was so much in X and Y that could have used expansion. Hopefully we'll get a very legendary-driven story this time around what with all the new Zygarde stuff, Hoopa unbound, Volcanion, and Diancie all having been absent from X and Y's main story. Or better yet, have a couple of those legendaries take part in a big postgame.

I wonder if Greninja-Ash is just something that'll appear in the anime/that movie, or if it'll be in the games as well.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'm sorry, but that Ash-Greninja looks awful. Calling it now, it'll have no bearing to the plot whatsoever. Typical Game Freak continuing to shoehorn Greninja into whatever they can just because it appeared in Smash. inb4 it's data-mined from the inevitable Pokemon Z.

On the other hand, I quite like Big O Zygarde. I wonder what the mythological inspirations were for the new forms (50% Zygarde being Nidhogg).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Yay! Probable X&Y sequel! We need one. There was obviously much more left to be done in Kalos than what we saw in the post-game.

Looks like that big Zygarde has absorbed Xerneas and Yveltal. I'm getting a Kyurem feeling from 'im.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Zygarde's 10% form is incredibly weird. I wouldn't expect a Dragon/Ground type to look like a Doberman.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

TyrantGojira wrote:Zygarde's 10% form is incredibly weird. I wouldn't expect a Dragon/Ground type to look like a Doberman.
I'm wondering if it'll actually be usable. I get the impression it'll have high speed and attack but be frail and unable to take hits given it's description. Should be interesting.
I like how Zygarde Cells are apparently everywhere in the world and researchers aren't sure if they even count as pokemon. For once I'm actually excited by new forms and it does feel like a new group of pokemon.

All of this seems to confirm pokemon Z. While generally I don't like the sequel third games I feel like they have a lot of potential with this one. Kalos felt like there was a lot of missing space and they can definitely expand upon it and switch it up. Also, keep in mind OR+AS added new mega evolutions, no doubt of they make Z even more megas will be added and the new ones in OR+AS will be usable in Kalos. I think the megas are a great way to add new content without adding new species of pokemon. And with a third batch of Megas I feel like we'll finally have a really solid variety rather than a very small portion of the pokemon population. A lot of people didn't like how we only got 69 new pokemon this gen but they don't factor in all the new megas which are essentially 4th forms.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

They should definitely give us some new megas. Would also be nice if we got some different mega stones available early on, with the corresponding Pokemon. Say Mareep is catchable in one of the early routes, and the Ampharosite is found just a bit after obtaining badge 3. There are so many megas that aren't usable ingame simply because you don't get the stone till the postgame. I know if we had tons of megas available it'd make our teams overpowered as hell, but it's still a shame to be unable to use some megas on an ingame team. I think every new game should give us different megas that are feasible as ingame teammates.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Sweet. Glad to see new things in general really. But it's really cool to know more about zygarde now. Especially since I honestly liked him, just was a bit underpowered, obviously.