Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Hellblaze »

CyberZilla wrote:
You forgot that Mega Lucario and Mega Garchomp exist.

Sinnoh seems likely enough, though.
They're part of the popular Pokemon list. Sinnoh and Johto legendaries and starters have no mega evolution. I like to see them have megas.

Added in 11 hours 12 minutes 24 seconds:
I just saw the live stream. Did anyone else faint besides me? NINTENDO TAKE MY MONEY!! TAKE IT NOWWWW!!!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Pokemon GS for the 3DS Virtual Console made my day. Was hoping for those since Red and Blue were rereleased :D Also glad I never got Sun or Moon, now that "Ultra Sun" and "Ultra Moon" are on the horizon. Pokken DX was a gimme, but still pretty cool.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Hellblaze wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
You forgot that Mega Lucario and Mega Garchomp exist.

Sinnoh seems likely enough, though.
They're part of the popular Pokemon list. Sinnoh and Johto legendaries and starters have no mega evolution. I like to see them have megas.
At least they have more than one mega evolution, Unova and Kalos only have one; Audino and Diancie. Johto has six (Steelix, Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, and Tyranitar) and Sinnoh has five (Lopunny, Garchomp, Gallade, Lucario, and Abomasnow). That's more than having "none" and there are only two regions with starter megas (Kanto and Hoenn) and three with legendary megas (Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos; not counting forms).

That said, I'm pretty excited for Ultra Sun and Moon. I wonder what they meant by "new Pokemon never seen in these games" (or something along those lines). I'm thinking that they're talking about version exclusives or more non-native Pokemon, but kind of hoping for new Alola Pokemon.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Probably won't get ultra sun since, ya know, it's mostly likely just a more polished story like bw2 with fusion.

I might get Pokemon silver for 3ds since I have never completed silver. The one my older brother owned kinda glitches and resets at a certain point.

Not interested in pokken deluxe since I don't really touch my wii u copy. I assume this was the Pokemon switch game everyone was speculating about. Meh

Overall it was an okay stream, I'm looking forward to silver the most :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Something interesting to note -- on the press site for The Pokémon Company International, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were listed as being listed not only on the 3DS, but also on the Nintendo Switch, with "TBD" release dates for the latter. This bit's since been deleted, but does make you wonder.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

GigaBowserG wrote:Something interesting to note -- on the press site for The Pokémon Company International, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were listed as being listed not only on the 3DS, but also on the Nintendo Switch, with "TBD" release dates for the latter. This bit's since been deleted, but does make you wonder.
Serebii had this to say: The Pokémon Company stated to Kotaku that the listing on the press site was a clerical error and not indicative of any release on Nintendo Switch, stating it will be exclusive to the 3DS.

Gold/Silver and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 3DS release only. Only Pokemon Switch game is Pokken DX itself that's all your getting.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Hellblaze wrote:Serebii had this to say: The Pokémon Company stated to Kotaku that the listing on the press site was a clerical error and not indicative of any release on Nintendo Switch, stating it will be exclusive to the 3DS.

Gold/Silver and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 3DS release only. Only Pokemon Switch game is Pokken DX itself that's all your getting.
Not that I really mind, don't have a Switch :P Hopefully Ultra Sun & Moon introduces the ability for Pokemon to follow you again like in HGSS. There were those scrapped animations for every Pokemon in Sun/Moon showing them idle/walking/running.
/crawls back under rock

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:Serebii had this to say: The Pokémon Company stated to Kotaku that the listing on the press site was a clerical error and not indicative of any release on Nintendo Switch, stating it will be exclusive to the 3DS.

Not that I really mind, don't have a Switch :P Hopefully Ultra Sun & Moon introduces the ability for Pokemon to follow you again like in HGSS. There were those scrapped animations for every Pokemon in Sun/Moon showing them idle/walking/running.
Who knows but I'm sure digging the wild Pikachus like that Pikachu episode in X&Y with that man that loves Pikachu so much he created a paradise on his property for all the Pikachu to live and make a movie. I love to go there in that game. :D As for Gold and Silver we are gonna have the Pokemon in those games with hidden abilities just like Red and Blue had so that will be awesome. :D

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Hellblaze wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Something interesting to note -- on the press site for The Pokémon Company International, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were listed as being listed not only on the 3DS, but also on the Nintendo Switch, with "TBD" release dates for the latter. This bit's since been deleted, but does make you wonder.
Serebii had this to say: The Pokémon Company stated to Kotaku that the listing on the press site was a clerical error and not indicative of any release on Nintendo Switch, stating it will be exclusive to the 3DS.

The Switch is dead now. When will Nintendo learn to use their IP on all their systems to make it successful? I suppose they hate money.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I think I'm growing out of Pokemon...

I just find myself less and less interested in each new game. Each one takes me longer to finish. And I haven't even finished Sun/Moon.

I'm not sure why. I love the concept, I like the spin off titles like the TCG and Pokken, and play as Pokemon alot in Smash, but the actual Pokemon games are just getting so boring to me. Idk. I honestly feel bad about it too... because its a series I have loved and cherished since it first came out in America. So just, getting tired of it kinda bums me out.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zilla103192 wrote:I think I'm growing out of Pokemon...

I just find myself less and less interested in each new game. Each one takes me longer to finish. And I haven't even finished Sun/Moon.

I'm not sure why. I love the concept, I like the spin off titles like the TCG and Pokken, and play as Pokemon alot in Smash, but the actual Pokemon games are just getting so boring to me. Idk. I honestly feel bad about it too... because its a series I have loved and cherished since it first came out in America. So just, getting tired of it kinda bums me out.
I didn't bother with Sun/Moon. I think it was a combination of the rather uninteresting new Pokemon and the lack of legendaries. XY had Mega Evolutions which I enjoyed alot, so that compensated for the lack of newbies. But I wasn't interested at all in the "Alola" formed Pokemon (all from RBY for some reason), while the number of actual new Pokemon was only about 80. The Ultra Beasts look pretty cool, though.

Perhaps Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon will impress me more. If not, I don't mind skipping out this generation.
/crawls back under rock

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Zilla103192 wrote:I think I'm growing out of Pokemon...

I haven't even finished Aqua Sapphire. It's like fuck it anymore.

Probably the combination of:
-Being the same game for the last decade. Swap team themes, and it's just battle eight gyms and fight four people. In S/M, it's a little bit different, but overall is the same BS pattern.
-The easy "stupid-people" hand-holding.
-Rivals that suck. I want a massive jerk like Silver or Blue , or someone that can make me run for my money. Y'know, what a rival should be?
-the fact of it being too easy. ORAS's difficulty was nerfed beyond all measure compared to Ruby/Sapphire.
-The incomplete nature of all the recent regions. S/M should've broke ground as being a third version as well as 7th gen, so they could've built on Kalos much more. Just have the character get by plane as post-game. S/M didn't interest me enough on its own.
-boring Pokemon and starters whose fan evolutions are yet again, far more interesting than the lamer official versions. The region lacks Pokemon and actual diversity.
-The Alola mons are just more geewunner pandering and are boring as heck. I really wanted close to 70-80 of them, and factor in the concept of invasive species into the story that was supposedly around conservation.
-The games aren't optimized for their flagship system, which is pathetic.
-No dark gyms.
-The lack of a console version. The Switch is both, but seriously. They shoot themselves in the foot all the time that I'm not surprised. They did that with Square Enix, Sony and other partners. Them not having a console RPG for Pokemon has made me care less about their consoles which usually in the most realistic sense just have junkware, a generic Mario, maybe a good Zelda, and that's it. There's nothing else that makes it worth buying a Switch or their last two iterations of systems, and I'm not the waiting type.

I'm playing ROM hacks more and almost finished with Liquid Crystal. Not a bad remake. I'm playing Vega.Also gave Prism a chance and that hooked me. If a modern Pokemon game was like Prism, I would be interested in the franchise again as far as the main series is concerned. They really need different plots because this "end of the world" garbage is old. However, I'm switching to Final Fantasy, specifically Anthology for the time being.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Bigdog wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:

The Switch is dead now. When will Nintendo learn to use their IP on all their systems to make it successful? I suppose they hate money.

Gamefreak makes the games, and the switch is still a very new console. Putting new main games on there mid-generation would make them lose sales as not everyone has a switch, and though it's pretty successful so far not many people have it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

"SWITCH IS DEAD!"

That's why there's a new Pokemon RPG being made for it, right?

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

CyberZilla wrote:
Bigdog wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:

Gamefreak makes the games, and the switch is still a very new console.
And Nintendo owns the majority of the rights to the entire franchise and pretty much Gamefreak is like Touchstone to Nintendo's Disney. If Gamefreak decided to part ways with Nintendo, they would absolutely have to start from scratch, and that would be the death of Pokemon. Unless TPC bought off all the rights and have the infrastructure... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that's never gonna happen.

This happened with the 3DS as well. The games sucked and the 3D feature wasn't that great either. Considering the real fact that Nintendo only pimps out Pokemon as their flagship franchise while allowing their others to wither and die, they should clamp down the games on the console so to make the system a must-buy. The fact you outright ignored how terrible the sixth generation was with 3D optimization for its own fucking platform, only shows you got no argument.
Putting new main games on there mid-generation would make them lose sales as not everyone has a switch, and though it's pretty successful so far not many people have it.
Lose sales? Pokemon is their HUGEST franchise. Maybe they shouldn't have been so stupid and made a console that was a slightly more powerful 3DS without the extra screen, while being a mediocre to shitty home console, hmm? They're the ones at fault for cannibalizing their own sales and for screwing over all their flagship third party developers to other consoles. No one else, especially pirates, are the fault for Nintendo's decline. It's all on them.

Nintendo has engaged with bait and switch for a decade and it caught up with them. Most people stopped using their Wii anyways. Whoever their idiotic board is, making a system that can do neither of its purposes well is just icing on the cake. The Gamecube was okay but should've ditched the proprietary BS that was their small discs for DVDs and made the system more powerful to steal back Square and other developers. The only times I ever used Gamecube was for Smash and Pokemon Colosseum, and maybe Mario Sunshine. The majority of the time, I used my PS2 because it had a decent game library and I could play PSX games. Only idiots and desperate parents would invest in their home consoles.

Anyways, most of the games on the Switch are mediocre ports of really old games that have been out for 5 years and the same old, same old tired crap. Just like all of their systems for the last 17 years have been like. Once the hype wears out, it'll die like the Wii U. In fact, the Gameboy was a dying system before Pokemon came out on it. I bet that once this flounders, they'll go away like SEGA and the Pokemon games move to Sony.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Well I can't wait for Pokemon RPG game for the Switch don't care what people say. I'm getting one and I will wait for that Pokemon game to come out. I'm excited for the new Pokemon game coming to the Switch! :D Now..I just need to hunt for a Switch in my area and I'll be good. :)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

General Pokémon Thread

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Devoted to all things Pokémon, discuss the games, characters, find friends, battle, trade, do it all here
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I have some fakèmon starters in my head that I've been itching to draw, when I finish them, I'll show them off here.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

anyone still play Pokemon Go?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Made some fakemon cries for fun. Any suggestions for fakemon you want me to make cries of? :D

I ♡ Image