Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:What the skreeonk? Are they wearing clothes? Why are they wearing clothes? Are their clothes really skin? Why does their skin look like clothes?
You act like they're the first. Pokemon with clothes date all the way back to Gen 1. I dunno about you, but I'd rather not see Machoke's and Machamp's junk, thank you very much.
qft.

Sometimes, the nostalgia that blinds people nowadays... Every generation has had its fair share of cruddy looking mons. 1st gen has piles of sludge, magnets, living pokeballs, and ducks with leeks. 2nd gen had magma, Rudolph, and letters, and so on and so forth. When you take off the nostalgia glasses and look at things critically... yeah. THough, there are som epokemon that look as cruddy as they are battle-wise (coughdelibirdlediancough)
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

I wouldn't mind Vanilluxe much if it wasn't for the fact he has two heads, and I do not particularly enjoy multiheaded pokemon -barring Dodrio-.

They should've made shinny Vanilluxe look like a strawberry cone :D

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:What the skreeonk? Are they wearing clothes? Why are they wearing clothes? Are their clothes really skin? Why does their skin look like clothes?
You act like they're the first. Pokemon with clothes date all the way back to Gen 1. I dunno about you, but I'd rather not see Machoke's and Machamp's junk, thank you very much.
I don't mean to imply that. I was just using them as an example. Machoke and Machamp are good examples too.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Mothra Freak wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:I don't think that the new pokemon are BAD... I just don't like them as much.

Each Generation that comes out, I like less pokemon in them.

I like almost all Gen 1 pokemon, a majority of Gen 2 pokemon, and as we get newer and newer, I like less and less of them. But some are still really awesome.

Their designs aren't really "Overdesigned" but some are just outright STUPID...

like Throh and Sawk
*snip*
What the skreeonk? Are they wearing clothes? Why are they wearing clothes? Are their clothes really skin? Why does their skin look like clothes?
I'll leave the ice cream cones and candlesticks alone, because people bitch about them enough.

Huh, leotards, boxing gloves, shoes, and socks.
zilla103192 wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:
I don't mean to imply that. I was just using them as an example. Machoke and Machamp are good examples too.
And I don't really see Hitmonlee as wearing socks, they describe their legs as extendable, so I see that as what his legs look like retracted.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Well, BW2 has made me take drastic measures to try and decide my team. I went through the reasonable ingame acquisitions as well as the DW Pokemon, and came up with this list titled "Pokemon I Would Use in White 2." Serperior and Klinklang are 100% certain:

It's dumb that a list of 42 Pokemon to fill 4 slots is "narrowed down."
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

And now, the RNG shall choose LGM's last 4 members...

They are: Sharpedo, Flygon, Armaldo, and Dunsparce! :P

however, this is unvalid, seeing as Black 2 is the one that comes with Hard Mode... Choosing White 2 was a grave mistake...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Flygon King wrote:And now, the RNG shall choose LGM's last 4 members...

They are: Sharpedo, Flygon, Armaldo, and Dunsparce! :P
That's not how it works!

It's a little easier when you factor in that not every Pokemon can be used with any other Pokemon. For instance: I will most likely not use Mantine unless Flygon is my flier. I will be unlikely to use two Normal Pokemon. The only way I will use two Water Pokemon is if one is physical and one is special, with at least one of them having a secondary type.

Most of these choices also depend on what I scrounge up in the Dream World, so I have a feeling this team won't be determined until I start playing the actual game. So many variables, so little time.
however, this is unvalid, seeing as Black 2 is the one that comes with Hard Mode... Choosing White 2 was a grave mistake...
>implying I can't just get it from a friend
>also implying I'm not buying both versions eventually anyway
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

My team... is gonna be Serperior, Mawile, Donphan, Houndoom, Flygon, and Keldeo. Then the second go-through with Challenge mode on, it's gonna be Metagross, Seviper, Rotom, Walrein, Altaria, and Magcargo...

GO MARCARGO!!!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

So I am gonna buy an action replay, JUST so I can keep cloning my legendaries from Diamond (I have almost all the Legendaries that were available up until then, and trade them over the GTS in exchange for every pokemon available up until Diamond and Pearl...

wish me luck guys. :D

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

zilla103192 wrote:So I am gonna buy an action replay, JUST so I can keep cloning my legendaries from Diamond (I have almost all the Legendaries that were available up until then, and trade them over the GTS in exchange for every pokemon available up until Diamond and Pearl...

You know, you can just breed starters. People will trade just about anything for a female starter, and most things for a male one.
bleep bloop

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Legionmaster wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:So I am gonna buy an action replay, JUST so I can keep cloning my legendaries from Diamond (I have almost all the Legendaries that were available up until then, and trade them over the GTS in exchange for every pokemon available up until Diamond and Pearl...

You know, you can just breed starters. People will trade just about anything for a female starter, and most things for a male one.
Meh... That too I guess...

:P

I just noticed alot of "I want a Lugia for my level 5 scyther." so I figured that would work...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

zilla103192 wrote:Meh... That too I guess...

:P

I just noticed alot of "I want a Lugia for my level 5 scyther." so I figured that would work...
? What GTS are you on? Most of it is "I want a Level 9 or under Reshiram for my Rattata" and other crap like that.

Plus, if you're gonna AR in all these legendaries, why not just AR in all these Pokemon you need and save a step?
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Mothra Freak wrote:I know I'm starting with Snivy, but that's about it.

Team choices are Lucario, Flygon, Staraptor, Espeon, Arcanine, Darmanitan, Golduck, Krookodile, Lapras, Gardevoir...

Shit, looks like I'mma be playing through these over and over again before I get bored.
That's why I get both. One to keep as the "final completion" version, and one as the playthrough version.
bleep bloop

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2EwBRj ... r_embedded

Cartoon Network will air Pokemon the movie: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice on Dec 8th 2012 however, Canada will air it early on Nov 24th on YTV

For Mystery Dungeon lovers, the new trailer is up of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9toyo8_I ... r_embedded

For people who go to Dream World on Global Link, new Pokedolls are up for your home. http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/R ... ream_World

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Mothra Freak wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:
Mothra Freak wrote:I know I'm starting with Snivy, but that's about it.

Team choices are Lucario, Flygon, Staraptor, Espeon, Arcanine, Darmanitan, Golduck, Krookodile, Lapras, Gardevoir...

Shit, looks like I'mma be playing through these over and over again before I get bored.
That's why I get both. One to keep as the "final completion" version, and one as the playthrough version.
Hence "these"...
That's how I tended to play my games before I was left with only two from Gen 3 and Black. One game served as the "HUB" for me to choose pokemon and TM's from, while the other was used as the constant starting over point for new games with new teams... It never got old...

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Gardevoir and Lucario are most definitely going to be on my team. I like the new diversity in White 2 and Black 2 in the beginning parts. Gives you a lot more choice.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

It depends on the DW, but I'm really hoping I can nab a Whismur early. Special Exploud has been on my list of mons to use for a while now.
bleep bloop

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

Since people have been sharing their team ideas, I'll post mine.

Lucario
Ampharos
Magmortar
Flygon
Roserade
Walrein

I'm really pumped to use Walrein, as I've been waiting a looooong time to use one. Roserade and Lucario have also been on my list for a bit now. I feel it's a very balanced team as well, though there is a slight weakness to Ground moves.

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

My game plan is using a single Whismur though the whole game :S

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bentley wrote:My game plan is using a single Whismur though the whole game :S
You just like staring at his asshole.

bleep bloop