Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Bret wrote:So how interested is everyone in the World Tournament modes they have in B and W 2?
I'm loving the teams the Gym Leaders and Champions have... they seem to be a nice blend of difficulty and fairness... Though a few don't match. (So much for Falkner specializing in birds... or Whitney specializing in cute normal types...)

And as for the Pokemon.Com Bracket... YOU FOOLS! YOU ALL LET GIRATINA FAIL! VOTE NOW FOR RAYQUAZA, PLEASE!!!
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:Preordered Black 2 at Gamestop. Now to wait to assemble my team.
Hope they don't rip you off they did that to me on my Halo CEA game :mad: I'm getting mine at ither Target or Walmart. Does anyone know if Target does take preorders? owo

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I've always had good luck with my local Gamestop and I know a few of the workers.
I need to get games preordered.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I preordered White 2 when I picked up Conquest. Bee tee dubs, everyone needs to go get Conquest. Right breeding now. It's amazing.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Got it a few days back and am playing it. Staraptor kicks ass...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

During the original campaign, I think my biggest savior was either Luxray/Ampharos or Gallade. Honorable mentions are Samurott, Rhyperior, and (towards the end) Scrafty. It doesn't need to be said, though, that Eevee/whatever you evolve it into (Leafeon in my case) is a monster.

I'm onto the special episodes now. I've completed "Pride and Precociousness" and "Not Worth Fighting Over...1."
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

The final round of the Pokemon Power Bracket is on... LET'S GIVE RAYQUAZA THAT VICTORY OVER MEW! VOTE FOR THE GREEN DRAGON, PEOPLE!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

I voted for Rayquaza its the only Pokemon out of the votes here that we didn't get in our DS games. Mew we got in our HG and SS like 3 years ago. It's time to have Rayquaza in our games! VOTE FOR RAYQUAZA!

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

Looks like Mew is gonna win, can't say I'm surprised. It was one of the originals plus we haven't gotten an event in like since emerald.
Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

Well either way, Mew is taking this even though I want Ray to win.
Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Mothra Freak wrote:You could get Rayquaza in-game in HGSS.
Yes but he was never released as an event on Wi Fi or any other locations like Gamestop or Toys R US. Those Pokemon had great and special moves. I like for us to have a special Rayquaza like Japan had last year the V-Create Rayquaza we never go them. Japan gets every special Pokemon *holds up 'we suck' flag * Lets have a special Rayquaza with great moves and a held item. I don't want another Mew D: Far as I know when it comes to Mew, all its moves are not special :/ If we go to Serebii and look up Mew on the Pokedex for its events over the years its the same old moves Pound and Teleport. Nothing special at all. I believe our Mew in 2010 had the same moves as well. X_X

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

...Cuz no one likes Deoxys? He lost against Mew in the second round...

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Plus Deoxys was given out at Gamestop when Diamond and Pearl came out

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Not to mention that you can't just have one Deoxys. You need four.
bleep bloop

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Mothra Freak wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:Plus Deoxys was given out at Gamestop when Diamond and Pearl came out
Which was five years ago.

Deoxys is the only non-Unova event Pokémon to have not had an event in the past three years.

Mew- 2010
Celebi- 2011
Jirachi- 2010
Shaymin- 2010
Darkrai- 2012
Arceus- 2010

Sure, you can get Deoxys through that Ranger game, but that's balls hard. And what kid actually does that?
Thing is I still have my Deoxys and with AR i can clone them and transfer the clones into my other DS games so I have no problem. Ya I can clone those guys too. I don't need more of those I would rather like a good Rayquaza. Hmmm...seems Japan is doing theirs similar to ours on Pokemon.com according to them who ever wins will be at a level 100. Still ya I have those Pokemon they are real ones the clones however are in my other games. I got Deoxys in both Diamond and Pearl so I can clone him anytime I want and transfer him into my other games. :D Seriously I do not want to get rid of the real one x.x Oh Ranger...umm not me nope. Never play those games they look boring I think. I'd rather go catch Pokemon like the good ol' fashion way with a Pokeball :mrgreen:

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Hellblaze by your logic since you have a AR you don't need ANY event pokemon since you can just use the AR to make one.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I have a moveset question: I'm experimenting with a Drifblim that has the Acrobatics/Flying Gem/Unburden combo and not sure what other moves to have go with it. I was thinking Will O' Wisp and Pain Split but I'm not sure what I should have as my fourth move. Sucker Punch maybe?

Any suggestions?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Decide on http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/426.shtml on what you want your Pokemon to learn. I know moves are hard :? The moves you mentioned are really good its just hard to choose.

Keldeo is now officially going Worldwide!

* In the United States, Keldeo will be distributed in GameStop stores from August 27th to October 6th.

* In the United Kingdom, Keldeo will be distributed in Game and Gamestation stores from September 1st to October 11th.

*In France, Germany and Spain Keldeo will be distributed in participating stores from September 1st to October 11th.

* In Italy, Keldeo will be distributed in GameStop stores from September 1st to October 11th.

For other countries not mentioned besides Japan here, check your websites or local area that will carry Keldeo. We got 2 months left peeps! :D

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Tim85 wrote:I have a moveset question: I'm experimenting with a Drifblim that has the Acrobatics/Flying Gem/Unburden combo and not sure what other moves to have go with it. I was thinking Will O' Wisp and Pain Split but I'm not sure what I should have as my fourth move. Sucker Punch maybe?

Any suggestions?
I'm currently playing Acrobatics, Will O' Wisp, Substitute and Baton Pass. I wanted to run Destiny Bond, but it was an egg move and my pokemon was RNGd without it. Substitute is good to keep your uber fast Drifblim from dying against priority, but Sucker Punch sounds like a decent option -as long as it does enough damage-.

Edit: Now that I think of it, a variant that uses Explosion could be fun for doubles...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Damn you, Nintendo and your GameStop partnerships, for making me get off my ass for my event Pokemon. Hopping onto the Wi-Fi from my bed is way more exciting.
bleep bloop