Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by EdGojira »

I very much like Generation 6. The addition of the minigames brings more to the game to me, primarily the EV training and slightly higher leveling of Pokémon from Amie. One of my favorite Pokémon was introduced this generation, along with the Mega Evolutions and 3D graphics I cannot get enough of. Things feel more dynamic in this generation.

I remember liking Generation 5 quite a bit, not only because of this music (yes, I like the music), but the moving sprites, seasons and story. I might actually prefer this over the 6th gen, but I haven't played the games in a while.

My experience in Johto has been very good in the remake I have. I haven't gotten far enough in the story to actually say if I like it or not. It's better than than Diamond.

Generation 3 got reinvigorated by the remakes, in my opinion, but the originals still hold up. I played Generation 3 first, so it has a deep nostalgic place in my heart that some might have for the first generations. The music makes me think "ADVENTURE!" every time I put it on.

With the music still intact and improved, the 3D graphics, the same region and most of my favorite features intact from the 6th generation, I would rank the remakes higher than the 6th gen itself if I could.

Playing Diamond bored the heck out of me. It feels slow and I don't quite appreciate its music. There seems to be something off about the colors here, too.

Played Leaf Green. Nothing really special about it from memory. Better than Diamond.

So 5th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 4th.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

People bashing on gen 4, when Platinum is where it is at. Everything bad about D/P was fixed in Platinum; A much better story overall, much faster swimming speed, larger regional dex, improved rosters, move tutors ahoy, finetuned balance, and of course the Distortion World and Giratina being things. The super slow battling speed and lengthy game saving times were a bitch, though...

Gens 1 and 6 were probably the weakest in my opinion. Gen 1 because it was a godawful glitched mess of a game with no semblance of balance or fun (Lemme just grab this Tauros and a Kadabra, then steamroll the entire game with hyper beam spam and broken ass psychic types, yahoo!), and gen 6 because it was a downgrade in everything but presentation quality from gen 5. The dynamic story with fleshed out and interesting characters? Gone. Pointless nerfing of special attacks? Yup. Rather forgettable music except for Lysandre's theme and arguably Diantha's theme? Check. too much time spent pandering to the gen 1 crowd and making mega evolutions to make meaningful NEW pokemon to fill in the world? Check. (You do not deserve 2 mega evolutions, Charizard and Mewtwo)
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dr Mario »

So how do you guys feel about the new Man Made Pokemon Magiana. Any speculation you guys have about it?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I imagine there will be 12 generations in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Dr Mario wrote:So how do you guys feel about the new Man Made Pokemon Magiana. Any speculation you guys have about it?
I think that it was made to try and replicate Diance's power and the slot in it's chest is for a mega stone.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gen IV. After that the meta game totally devoured every aspect of the online fandom and I became less enthusiastic in getting new games. I do not care about competitive gaming. I might play the Black & White games someday, but I'm not crazy about buying a 3DS.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Any new Megas you guys are hoping for?

Gimme a Refrigerate or Tough Claws Mega Weavile please.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Calling it now, third version will be called Pokemon Eclipse.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Living Corpse wrote:Calling it now, third version will be called Pokemon Eclipse.
Just like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

TeddyBaragon
Samurai

Post by TeddyBaragon »

Fan art of the wireframe shown in the trailer:

I hope we get more things like Talonflame, who caused the creation of Bulky Offense teams, that really change the way the game is played at a competitive level. I like when things really get shaken up.

Also I hope for more buffs like the 6th gen grass buff that really give weaker types an edge and a better identity. Rock and Ice could really use some defensive buffs, though rock should only be buffed paying attention to Tyranitar.

I'd like to see new moves and abilities that get rid of stage hazards, as well as more moves and abilities with unique effects like Pursuit or Stored Power.

New type combinations go without saying, a defensive Poison/Steel type could be an interesting alternative to Heatran.

I want to see a mix between Megas and normal evolution, as a +100 BST at the cost of an item can't save everything. Farfetch'd is an example of that. Mega Donphan is on the wishlist as an Excadrill alternative. I'd like to see Mega evolutions that give Pokemon who are outclassed a more unique identity, maybe a Bug/Dragon Mega Flygon to seperate it more from Zygarde and Garchomp.

I'm also a fan of the Assault Vest and Safety Goggles, maybe we could see more defensive alternatives to leftovers? As well as more viable items in general. Weakness Policy was a fun one.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd- I hope the starters all have secondary types and unique hidden abilities, Greninja is the best example of this that I can think of.

Sorry it's so long, I'm pretty excited!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Zygarde is crying in the corner right now. As is Eternal Floette. Forgotten and abandoned by Trollfreak

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Pokemon anime becoming Pokemon XY&Z and introducing Zygarde's other forms has to e going somewhere...
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Ivo-goji wrote:The Pokemon anime becoming Pokemon XY&Z and introducing Zygarde's other forms has to e going somewhere...
Or it could just be an anime exclusive thing for all we know. Wouldn't be the first time they created something purely filler for the anime only (Orange Islands, anyone? or how about the period between Unova and Kalos?)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Orange and Decolore Island arcs are a little different from the Team Flare storyline though. And this is Zygarde we're talking about.
Resized Image

CritterKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by CritterKaiju »

I've been trying to tell everyone that new bird is a woodpecker Pokemon but they all laugh and think I'm crazy.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I really hope the colors aren't final. It reminds me too much of Starly.
CritterKaiju wrote:I've been trying to tell everyone that new bird is a woodpecker Pokemon but they all laugh and think I'm crazy.
I can see it.

CritterKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by CritterKaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote:I really hope the colors aren't final. It reminds me too much of Starly.
CritterKaiju wrote:I've been trying to tell everyone that new bird is a woodpecker Pokemon but they all laugh and think I'm crazy.
I can see it.
Thank you. So I'm not crazy. The crest the coloration. I just can't see it being anything else.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Ivo-goji wrote:The Orange and Decolore Island arcs are a little different from the Team Flare storyline though. And this is Zygarde we're talking about.
A woodpecker Pokemon would be awesome. I would love if its final evolution becomes Flying/Steel with a metal beak.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

TeddyBaragon
Samurai

Post by TeddyBaragon »

It looks like either a woodpdcker or a red crested cardinal: Resized Image
I would assume that the colours are final, especially if it's based on the latter. A Hawaiian bird would fit well with the tropical locale. I like it.
Maybe the shiny will be radically different, if you don't like it.

I'm a big fan of 50% Zygarde, so I'd be happy enough with just Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. Thousand Arrows lets you run a move other than Stone Edge and Waves traps. Trapping is really powerful. If it doesn't get a role in SuMo, I assume they'll at least give us an event. Same goes for AZ's Floette.

Gotta love datamining.

I also thought of a way to defensively improve rock types while nerfing Stealth Rocks. Make the Stealth Rocks crumble after they hit a Rock type? That's about on par with that grass type Spore immunity.