Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Legionmaster wrote:You peeps are too young to remember GSC, that's why.
Bah. I played Crystal before... and I remember when that Miltank did nothing but rollout... and I still found her easy.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Legionmaster wrote:
Bentley wrote:So are you saying I played the games... Wrong?
I guess I technically implied it, but you said it first. My point is that these games are never going to be "hard" unless you put additional handicaps on yourself, and if you're looking for challenging RPS, search elsewhere.

Somewhat related, I beat the snot out of White Kyurem/Ghetsis. Shift Gear is a fun move. Snuggles (my Klinklang), could also be a comic book superhero with the poetic riches dialogue like this produces: "You know what really grinds my gears? People who selfishly abuse Pokemon for their own ends! It's snugglin' time!"

Technically increasing the trainer's AI will increase the difficulty in a way that no other handicap would, you are free to grind like no tomorrow to get around it, but there are people that just don't find grinding fun.

Playing a game so you enjoy it the best is the right way to play it by the way. Go figure.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Legionmaster wrote:You peeps are too young to remember GSC, that's why.
I remember Miltank giving me a little bit of a problem with Rollout in those games, but like the others said machop rules in that fight.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

I just stumbled across this... in the house where the former Team Rocket member was in... there's now a former Team Magma member, whose dating a former Team Aqua member... and both are keeping it a secret from each other...

And there's someone who lets you listen to the otherwise lost music of Route 10... Beautiful.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Mothra Freak wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:You people whining about the Gen 3 gyms. Wtf.
Well, yeah. But Johto only had that one. Hoenn had Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, and Winona, though not all of those are always difficult, depending on your team.

I also found Hoenn to have the toughest Elite 4. But maybe that's because I always pick Treecko. Oh, and Steven/Wallace are both difficult as Champion.

Though Lance could be tough as Champion if you didn't have an ice-type or something.
Oh my god, Steven is hell. I think Lance is actually pretty easy, I took out his whole team with just 1 or 2 Rollouts from my Typlosion.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mothra Freak wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:You people whining about the Gen 3 gyms. Wtf.
Well, yeah. But Johto only had that one. Hoenn had Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, and Winona, though not all of those are always difficult, depending on your team.

I also found Hoenn to have the toughest Elite 4. But maybe that's because I always pick Treecko. Oh, and Steven/Wallace are both difficult as Champion.

Though Lance could be tough as Champion if you didn't have an ice-type or something.
Oh my god, Steven is hell. I think Lance is actually pretty easy, I took out his whole team with just 1 or 2 Rollouts from my Typlosion.
I had a hell of a time on my Heartgold playthrough with Lance. I literally 1 shoted all of the elite 4 and than Lance just almost steam rolls me.

Trying to decide whether to dump Levanny for heracross or not. Heracross is my favorite, but I've never used leveanny and i use Heracross ALL the time in every game he's in.

Team right now

Ampharos lv.30
Lucario lv.27
Leavanny lv.27
Magby lv.26
Whrlipede lv.26
Zorua lv.25( haven't used him)
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

So, Dreyden, (I think that's his name) the Dragon Gym Leader, sent in his Haxoras, so I sent in Ampharos for shits and giggles. My Ampharos ruined the Haxoras with Thunderbolt and Paralysis Hax due to Mold Breaker. My new favorite Electric Pokemon.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Is the dream world failing for anyone else? I get a percentage bar with no numbers that never loads when I have it loading...

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Hellspawn28 wrote:Been playing White version again, I just defeated Skyla. I guess I should try to finish the game soon to buy Black 2 soon. Since they are sequels then I guess I need to finish the first game to understand the story in the second game?
Well... yes. If you use memory link between the old and the new, you get access to bits of information and cutscenes that help deal with a few plotholes in the story of BW. And the protagonist of BW gets referenced by name as well... and other cool goodies. Aside from that, the main story does still require knowledge of what happened in Black and White... so yeah.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I'm in the postgame now. Only location really left to explore is Clay Tunnel. Pokemon are at Lv.74 right now. I'll prob hunt down whatever "powerful trainers" I haven't fought yet (eg. everyone but Alder) and then start in on the extra stuff. Oh, and stay vigilant on the Hidden Hollows. I want that female Breloom. I need a new one for catching Pokemon, and Technician makes False Swipe even stronger. Boo yah.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Mothra Freak wrote:Yeah, that's pretty shitty. I'd give it at least a 7.

Anyone else HATE how Absol is only rarely in one Hidden Grotto? Yet he's still featured in the Unova Pokédex?
oh Trollstop...

Absol's far from the worst case. ALOT of pokemon in the Unova dex aren't obtainable or seeable before beating the game. The larvitar line, Beldum, The Tympole line, Magmortar, Electrivire, Roserade, and the Slakoth line are but a few examples of the trollish decisions made by Trollfreak. And yet, they continue to have Audino be available in every patch of grass... ugh.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Flygon King wrote:

Anyone else HATE how Absol is only rarely in one Hidden Grotto? Yet he's still featured in the Unova Pokédex?
oh Trollstop...

Absol's far from the worst case. ALOT of pokemon in the Unova dex aren't obtainable or seeable before beating the game. The larvitar line, Beldum, The Tympole line, Magmortar, Electrivire, Roserade, and the Slakoth line are but a few examples of the trollish decisions made by Trollfreak. And yet, they continue to have Audino be available in every patch of grass... ugh.
Gamespot and Gamestop are two different companies.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Since when is "beating the Elite 4" beating the game? It hasn't been that way since GSC...
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

... I IZ FAIL! I am sorry.

I meant beating the Elite 4... because that's beating the main game. Everything after that's Post-Game... aside for G/S/C.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I'm in the Plasma Frigate at the Giant Chasm and my Pokemon are mid 50's. They'll probably be mid 60's by the time I reach the Elite 4.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Beat Black 2 earlier. The champion actually shocked me, who it was and the team. Almost lost, but my trusty Heracross pulled through!
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Tim85 wrote:I'm in the Plasma Frigate at the Giant Chasm and my Pokemon are mid 50's. They'll probably be mid 60's by the time I reach the Elite 4.
Then you will have no problem then. You'll be higher leveled than the Champion...

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Funny how Gamespot give B&W2 a 6.5/10 for being nothing new, but COD games keep on getting 9/10's every year :roll: .
Yeah, it seems like a needlessly controversial stance to me. This game is obviously a huge upgrade from B&W, arguably much bigger than Yellow or Crystal ever were, so it deserves to be considered by the many features it adds.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Absol is available on routes 13 & 14.
bleep bloop

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

I'm about ready to face off against Clay and am thinking of dropping Levanny and Whirlepede for Zorua and Espeon.