Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Stump Feet »

TyrantGojira wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Obstagoon is literally a skreeonking fursuit.

No thank you.
That's not what I got out of it. To me, he kinda looks like Rawhead Rex.
Jesus fucking Christ, Rawhead Rex, that's a name I haven't heard in decades :lol:

If he pisses on Ash in the anime, we'll know somethings up lol
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

TyrantGojira wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Obstagoon is literally a skreeonking fursuit.

No thank you.
That's not what I got out of it. To me, he kinda looks like Rawhead Rex.
I didn’t know what RawHead Rex was, but looking st it now it looks super similar. RawHead Rex is also from the UK. Is it possible it’s based off of that more then Gene Simmons, in the same way a bunch of people are completely ignoring the fact what Weezing’s new design is based on?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Idk, Rawhead Rex is about as obscure as you can get when it comes to movie monsters.

The only reason I even know who he is is because I caught the movie in theaters back in the late 80's.

If Rawhead Rex was used as a reference, I'd be sincerely shocked to my core, he is an Irish monster so I guess anything's possible.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Stump Feet wrote:Idk, Rawhead Rex is about as obscure as you can get when it comes to movie monsters.

The only reason I even know who he is is because I caught the movie in theaters back in the late 80's.

If Rawhead Rex was used as a reference, I'd be sincerely shocked to my core, he is an Irish monster so I guess anything's possible.
James Turner is from the UK, and is in the age range where it might be possible.

I don`t know.

Anyways, the new competitive news was cool/hopeful at least. I'm glad we had some new tools to play with and I'm glad they're throwing a bone to competitive play. I'm glad while dynamaxing seems OP, they also clearly made it more balanced then Megas and Z-moves.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:completely ignoring the fact what Weezing’s new design is based on?
Fancy smokestacks? Industrial Revolution Businessmen?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:completely ignoring the fact what Weezing’s new design is based on?
Fancy smokestacks? Industrial Revolution Businessmen?
A bunch of memers thinking it’s based off a character from fairly odd parents.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:A bunch of memers thinking it’s based off a character from fairly odd parents.
Well I do sincerely dimidoubt that.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well it looks like all the animations went into camping!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ash has finally won at the pokemon league after 20+ years.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

miguelnuva wrote:Ash has finally won at the pokemon league after 20+ years.
He won the Orange League in like Season 2.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm pissed he's still 10 after 20 years, instead of growing up and showing us the edgier side of the Pokeverse.

Where's my broody teen Post-Elite Four, Red, live action 10 episode miniseries?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Fish Cakes wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Ash has finally won at the pokemon league after 20+ years.
He won the Orange League in like Season 2.
The Orange League is about as prestigious as your local Put-Put golf course.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Smuggers wrote:The Orange League is about as prestigious as your local Put-Put golf course.
Says the little bitch who probably takes 3+ shots on the windmill.
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm pissed he's still 10 after 20 years, instead of growing up and showing us the edgier side of the Pokeverse.

Even if you're being ironic, this is cringe, bro.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fish Cakes wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm pissed he's still 10 after 20 years, instead of growing up and showing us the edgier side of the Pokeverse.

What's cringe lol? The kids been 10 for 20 years, they have a universe of monsters that fit in their pocket, and the best they can do is recycle childrens adventures.

I'd love to see the world from an aged adults perspective. Put a bit of grit on something squeaky clean. They've touched on spirits, death and abuse, but barely scratch the surface of their potential because they refuse to grow.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:What's cringe lol? The kids been 10 for 20 years, they have a universe of monsters that fit in their pocket, and the best they can do is recycle childrens adventures.

I'd love to see the world from an aged adults perspective. Put a bit of grit on something squeaky clean. They've touched on spirits, death and abuse, but barely scratch the surface of their potential because they refuse to grow.
You sure it's them who's refused to grow?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

What's cringe lol? The kids been 10 for 20 years, they have a universe of monsters that fit in their pocket, and the best they can do is recycle childrens adventures.

So you wanna see something akin to this?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

You know, as an adult fan, who has been a fan since I was 4 or 5, I don't get why adults, or really children, pretending to be adults, want a more "mature pokemon". It's a children's franchise. Get over it. The anime is made for children in Japan, and around the world. It isn't made for edgy 16 year olds who think that being mature equates to violence and death.

And recently I have been watching the sun and moon anime, and I will say while it revolves around children, the series is still enjoyable.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Fish Cakes wrote: Says the little bitch who probably takes 3+ shots on the windmill.
You just had to push it, didn't you? You just had to bring that up for all the fucking world to see?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote: Even if you're being ironic, this is cringe, bro.
What's cringe lol? The kids been 10 for 20 years, they have a universe of monsters that fit in their pockt, and the best they can do is recycle childrens adventures.

You know, as an adult fan, who has been a fan since I was 4 or 5, I don't get why adults, or really children, pretending to be adults, want a more "mature pokemon". It's a children's franchise. Get over it. The anime is made for children in Japan, and around the world. It isn't made for edgy 16 year olds who think that being mature equates to violence and death.
Your hatred for people who have different interests than you is staggeringly high.
You're 23. Chill out lol.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: What's cringe lol? The kids been 10 for 20 years, they have a universe of monsters that fit in their pockt, and the best they can do is recycle childrens adventures.

Your hatred for people who have different interests than you is staggeringly high.
You're 23. Chill out lol.
No, I'm pointing out that it's unreasonable for a franchise made for children to suddenly become adult, and pointing out your standards on what is or is not considered mature are warped.

And also, your comments, come off as the type of person who wants to complain about something which you haven't even watched. The Sun and Moon anime, just like the XY anime, while made for children, still has some dark moments, and character development for everyone involved.