Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Legionmaster »

Inferno Rodan wrote:I can also confirm that Wailord's Hyper Voice is absolutely horrifying.
And yet the more you use it, the more you fall in love with it. It's addictive.
bleep bloop

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

PETA is in big trouble big time. http://www.pocketmonsters.net/articles/1448/

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

I am disappointed in Iris. I just realized that her entire team has zero IV's and EV's, like every other trainer in the game (Bar Ghetsis and Cynthia's main stars. ) A lv. 74 Flygon outspeeding a lv. 81 Salamance, despite both having the same base speed? For shame...Now to just ascend up the last 2 areas of Black Tower and knock Benga off his perch. Life is good when your pokemon are rediculously overpowered due to attempting Black Tower the first thing out of the Elite 4 the first time... And Cynthia was a minor nusiance, bar the lv. 82 Garchomp. Leech Seed stall FTW!
Mawile lv. 72 (Iron Head, Crunch, Rock Slide, Ice Punch)
Flygon lv. 74 (Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Punch, U-Turn)
Keldeo lv. 73 (Hydro Pump, Surf, Icy Wind, Secret Sword)
Tyrannitar lv. 73 (Stone Edge, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Crunch)
Serperior lv. 74 (Leaf Blade, Coil, Leech Seed, Dragon Tail)
Houndoom lv. 75 (Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot)
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I don't understand how your Pokemon are at such low levels. You have a lucky egg. And hundreds of trainers. I did ZERO grinding after Clay and my Pokemon ended up Lv.63 for the E4.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Inferno Rodan wrote:And they still weren't hard.
That's because you're ugly.

So I caught Reshiram, Kyurem, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, and Regirock yesterday. Also got around to picking up Darkrai (from the May event...) and Genesect. Got my cassette tapes. Silly Team Plasma, being as technologically inept as the Nebula M Spacehunter roaches.
bleep bloop

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Everybody was at Lv. 62 when I took on the Elite Four. Blew everyone away.

Anyway: has anyone toyed with the Join Avenue? It's actually pretty neat.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Tim85 wrote:Anyway: has anyone toyed with the Join Avenue? It's actually pretty neat.
It's very cool. I was worried that it was going to be unusable without actually contacting other people locally (like almost everything on the C-Gear), but GF was smart and not only hooks it up with the DW and the GTS, but also allows you to use it without any Internet-related activities whatsoever. Kudos to them.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

I have finally found a good core team for the PWT!

Tyrannitar (Choice Scarf) {Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Ice Punch)
Heatran (Air ballon) {Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Flash Cannon}
Latios (Choice Specs) {Draco Meteor, Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic}

The PWT's World Leader's tournament's getting torn apart by this offensive core. Really bulky waters are the only real threat, but half the time I substitute T-tar for Serperior (Leaf Blade, Coil, Leech Seed, Dragon Tail) {Scopes Lens} which ruins half of the setup sweepers I come across, and handles ground types well...Maybe I should try a more sun-oriented team, with Flash Cannon replaced for Solar Beam, T-tar gone for Ninetails, and Surf replaced with Grass Knot...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

Inferno Rodan wrote:Image

You people whining about the Gen 3 gyms. Wtf.
That damn Miltank... :dizzy:
The Clefairy was a joke...unless it used Attract...and I was using a male Pokemon, but I usually KO'ed it before it could do anything. Dat damn Miltank however...made me regret relying on my Quilava in G/S/C...good thing I wised up in time for HearGold. Machop or any fighting type made that thing easy...still, painful memories of...Rollout...Never had that kind of trouble until the Elite Four...(Maybe Chuck at one point but that didn't last long)
Hellblaze wrote:PETA is in big trouble big time. http://www.pocketmonsters.net/articles/1448/
So they are now gonna give the attention whores some attention? :eh:
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

World Leaders down... all 10 times. Double Battle makes things so much easier.

The same cannot be said for the Champions set, though...

I swear, I've lost to Cynthia 5 times in a row now, with that damn Garchomp and Glaceon leading off each time. I've onmy managed to win against Red with luck... and Wallace and Lance ain't being too nice either.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

So with the addition of the move tutors and such to BW2, has anyone thought of using goofy sets for fun? I'm tempted to try something like this...

Eelektross
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
Careful @ Leftovers
-Coil
-Drain Punch
-Thunderpunch/Wild Charge (I dislike the recoil on a bulky set like this, tbh)
-Filler

No weaknesses and Coil along with Drain Punch seem humoring.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Mothra Freak wrote:Ladies and gentlemen:

My friend who has Black 2 is in Illinois until next Wednesday or so, so I'd like some assistance from you guys.. I am in need of a Gothita, a Spoink, a Heracross, a Buneary, and a Magby. IVs, Natures, etc., don't matter. I just need them to register their Pokédex entries. I can offer their White 2 counterparts. I'd prefer them as eggs, but I'll take what I can get. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Don't forget about the GTS! (It's what I've been doing basically all day...)
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Mothra Freak wrote:I actually completely did.

I'm such a dumbass sometimes.
I know the Dream World has a few of the version exclusives on it too.
bleep bloop

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

http://www.pokecheck.org/

The best place ever.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Playing through Black 2 again and holy God, I hate the rival in this game. Hopefully they go back to having an actual rival instead of your rival just being one of your friends.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Playing through Black 2 again and holy God, I hate the rival in this game. Hopefully they go back to having an actual rival instead of your rival just being one of your friends.
That is one complaint I have with the game. The rival... well, yes he a little darker than Barry, Cheren, Bianca, and the Gen 3 rivals, but he's still a friend, which isn't all that bad, but you fight him too little through the adventure. You fight ALONGSIDE him alot... but atleast too little is better than too much (CoughBiancaandCherencough)

I will say that I would perfer a more antagonistic rival... maybe some mysterious person on your adventure that turns out to be a far, far worse monster than the villanous team themselves...

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to beat the PWT Champions Tournament without haxing your way to victory. Everyone else is doable... Except Cynthia. Focus Sash Garchomp with SD, Earthquake, SE, and Outrage? That alone is guaranteed to kill something unless you have a priority ice move on you... and the rest of her team cleans up shop at a scarily efficient rate. Blue? Cakewalk. Wallace? Joke. Red? somewhat challenging. Alder? Mixed bag. Cynthia? A satanic nightmare disguised as a young woman. And the worst part? Cynthia's a REQUIRED FIGHT in the Champion Tournament.

EDIT: FINALLY beat it... and it turned out Cynthia ISN'T a required fight. She lost to Alder in the first round, and I plowed my way through Steven, Red, and Alder and finally won. I FEEL SO HAPPY!

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Flygon King wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Playing through Black 2 again and holy God, I hate the rival in this game. Hopefully they go back to having an actual rival instead of your rival just being one of your friends.
That is one complaint I have with the game. The rival... well, yes he a little darker than Barry, Cheren, Bianca, and the Gen 3 rivals, but he's still a friend, which isn't all that bad, but you fight him too little through the adventure. You fight ALONGSIDE him alot... but atleast too little is better than too much (CoughBiancaandCherencough)

I will say that I would perfer a more antagonistic rival... maybe some mysterious person on your adventure that turns out to be a far, far worse monster than the villanous team themselves...
Barry is the best. 'Nuff said.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

So I beat Benga last night. Serperior Coiled, Latias used Icy Wind. I still outsped and OHKO'd with Outrage. Dragonite didn't have a chance, and also died. Switched out to Garbodor for Volcarona (Wailord was dead at this point). First Gunk Shot missed, allowing a Quiver Dance. Survived Fire Blast with 23 HP left, hit with Gunk Shot, and got Volcarona into the red. Died to Psychic. Sent out Serperior, who still outsped, and finished it off with Leaf Blade (for the lulz). Serperior is da bomb.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Doing a new game on Black, using Black 2 as my HUB center for TM's, Pokemon, and Move Tutors. Just beat Elesa, and now heading onto Route 5. I am liking my team so far. The ice weakness isn't even around to bite me yet, so it' still all good.

Lv. 26 Manectric (Volt Switch, Switcheroo, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam)
LV. 27 Archen (Pluck, Rock Tomb, Agility, Dig)
Lv. 27 Lilligant (Growth, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain)
lv. 27 Druddigon (Dragon Claw, Strength, Crunch, Fire Fang)
Lv. 27 Porygon 2 (Recover, Psybeam, Ice Beam, Psyshock)
lv. 27 Dewott (Tackle, Water Pulse, Razor Shell, Grass Knot)