Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Breakdown
Kwaidan

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Postby Breakdown » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 am

Replaying Dead Space 3 after a coworker mentioned he was playing it as well. The more I play it, the more it cements my belief that the series should have concluded with Dead Space 2. 3 adds unnessecary bloat to the story with SCAF and the Markers as well as some dumb elements, like how did the Unitologist equivalent of ISIS overthrow EarthGov in the span of literally an hour, or how the Bretheren Moons just magically find Earth and leave the story on a cliffhanger.

The game strays really far from the horror/survival roots of the first two and ends up feeling like a typical third person shooter with some scary things sprinkled in. The weapon customization was a cool addition, though I kind of preferred the weapons from the first two which had specific roles for certain situations. Here you can build some absurd rocket launcher/flamethrower hybrid and shred anything in your path and makes the game feel too easy even on harder difficulties.

I'd say this game is, fittingly, the Alien 3 of the series: Okay, but inferior to it's predecessors in almost every way.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Postby space godzilla » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.
"Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!" - Flood Gravemind, Halo 3.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

I'm going to be finishing off Devil May Cry HD tomorrow night or Tuesday night then after that its back to Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I have less than six hours left in DMC. In Zelda I'm just trying to get enough shrines done so that I can get enough hearts to get the Master Sword. Once I get that I'm going to do some story stuff mainly the memories first then the divine beasts.

Added in 3 months 26 days 19 hours 12 minutes 36 seconds:
Just finished off RDR2 this afternoon. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first game but it was still a great game. Not sure what I'll start now but I do have Gears 5 in less than a month then Links Awakening on Switch in about a months time.
optimum in mundi

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:45 pm

So happy. Looks like Devil May Cry 5 just came to Game Pass. I was seriously about to buy that, Red Dead 2, and Ace Combat this fall.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:50 am

space godzilla wrote:Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.

Try replaying Sekiro and get back to me. The big issue with it is it lacks replay value. There aren’t any builds or different ways to approach the game. I say this as someone who has milked at least 100 hours of Dark souls, 2, 3 and Bloodborne individually.

Anyways almost done with resident evil Zero.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:33 am

Just finished Devil May Cry 5.

Playing Control at the moment. Remedy's new game. Not bad...

Gears of War 5 is next.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 am

I'm playing the Shockwave Mod for Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour. More specifically, the Generals Challenge with the USA Armor General. This is a pretty good mod, but I do that it had proper campaigns for each side. That being said, it's still a pretty good mod.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Was playing some Gears 4 to get some skins for that game as well as Gears 5. Thursday I'll be starting Gears 5 at midnight.
optimum in mundi

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Astral Chain. Anyone got this?
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Astral Chain. Anyone got this?

Platinum's new game, right? No. I just played Devil May Cry. If i have too many action games back to back, i'll just get burnt out. Y'know?

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:58 am

Assassin's Creed Origins.

Haven't caught up on AC since Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate.

Can't tell if I like the game yet, it's certainly lush with personality and exotic as can be, but the gameplay and controls are mid-tier early 2000s at best. I never liked Dark Souls, so I'm nervous that's the direction they're going in.

I still want Odyssey once I finish Origins though.
Sith Apprentice.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Gears 5- I'm working on the campaign right now, currently on Act III of that its taking awhile to go through because Act 2 and Act 3 are basically open world. I should hopefully be done with it this weekend as I have the whole weekend off. After campaign I'll jump into Horde Mode with friends.

Then next Friday I'll start the Link's Awakening remake on the Switch.
optimum in mundi

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Playing Smite, beat Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory, but that was like 3+ months ago.

I"ve played WoW, DC Universe Online, Smash Bros Ultimate, Spider-Man PS4, and Arkham Asylum recently too.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Why isn't this pinned?

Anyhow, playstion had a sale for Ace Combat 7 so I picked it up.
Not a bad game but a little disappointing. It plays just like all the other AC games before it, but now with better graphics. At this point just remaster one of the older games if you're not gonna add anything new.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Just finished Act-1 (and all sidequests in Velen) of Witcher 3 and did all the nodes in Warframe.
Wanted to get Borderlands 3 but I don't like the characters, story and that ending. It looks so skreeonking shiiit!
skreeonk Gearbox and EGS SHILLS.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:Just finished Act-1 (and all sidequests in Velen) of Witcher 3 and did all the nodes in Warframe.
Wanted to get Borderlands 3 but I don't like the characters, story and that ending. It looks so skreeonking shiiit!
skreeonk Gearbox and EGS SHILLS.

Was this supposed to read like it was over the mic of the 12 year old who had sex with my mom last night? Great job if so.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
space godzilla wrote:Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Try replaying Sekiro and get back to me. The big issue with it is it lacks replay value. There aren’t any builds or different ways to approach the game. I say this as someone who has milked at least 100 hours of Dark souls, 2, 3 and Bloodborne individually.

Never played any Souls/From Software game before.
What is the main draw for people that play games like that? Just asking because I checked my steam and one of my friends put in 400+ hours in DS 2 and 3.
Last edited by Ultraman02 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Never played any Souls/From Software game before.
What is the main draw for people that play games like that? Just asking because I checked my steam and one of my friends put in 400+ hours in DS 2 and 3.

The games are just really solid single player experiences, with a lot of replay value. I've beaten each Dark Souls game multiple times, and each new play-through change up my build and combat style. On top of that the games are full of a lot of optional areas, and different ways to tackle things. Dark Souls, especially the first one, has a lot of branching paths and is almost an open world game. You can essentially skip large portions of the game if you're good enough at the combat.

A lot of people, wrongly, think that the Dark Souls/Fromsoft games are liked because they're hard, and while their is a degree of euphoria for managing to get through one the first time, the difficulty helps the replay-ability.

I also just like a lot of the dark themes and monsters in the games.

Anyways, I beat Astral Chain and am wrapping up all the optional content and post game. Also currently playing Super Metroid. May beat that tonight. The SNES Switch online is awesome. I hope they add more games soon. I'm surprised how many fantastic games are out this year. This weekend will be the switch remake of Legend of Zelda Links Awakening.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:31 pm

I just finished off TLOZ: Link's Awakening on the Switch. It was a nice remake and very charming. I didn't 100% it because part of getting 100% meant doing the dungeon builder thing and some of the challenges just take too long to do. I did manage to collect enough seashells to power up my sword, I didn't get 100% of them because the reward is pretty lame for that. I didn't do all the figures from the trendy game and I got all but like 5 heart pieces.

Not sure what game I'll start next.
optimum in mundi

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Finished Origins, fantastic game.. Not so much an AC, but it felt like an AC precursor which is what it's meant to be.

Bought Odyssey and it seems to be a much larger game, mechanic wise. So far it feels great but not as heavy as Origins.
Sith Apprentice.

Return to “Video Game Hub”