Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Postby Chris55 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Right now, Red Dead 2. Fun game!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 am

Jacking around on Soul Calibur 6 last night. Will focus most my attention on Darksiders 3 when it comes out at the end of the month. Also currently replaying Ocarina of Time on my 2DS.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Beat the original Splinter Cell trilogy.

Kind of an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Pandora Tomorrow to the original Splinter Cell. The first game has shown its age, and despite the CIA HQ infiltration mission being a standout level, Pandora Tomorrow had better level designs - the Fisher Express, Jerusalem, & LAX were pretty awesome to play through. Also, skreeonk Abattoir. With the stupid mines at the beginning, the squeaky rooftop, skreeonkload of sentry guns, thermal fridge where enemies can magically see you, and the forced shootout at the end, whoever designed this mission was a sadist.

Chaos Theory is hands down one of the best stealth games I have ever played. The end of the Bathhouse level is kind of a clusterskreeonk, and the difficulty notably spikes up once you get to Seoul, but this still remains a gold standard for stealth games. There's been so much praise for this game, and after playing through it, it deserves it.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:19 pm

I’m currently in the post game for Monster Hunter Stories. Still looking for a Teostra Egg.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Postby Billzilla1974 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Fallout 4, beat the main story, left both Shauns to burn after siding with the minutemen. Synth Shaun isn't my characters son, and the real Shaun is effectively the son of the Institute by the time I met him. I can't wait to get the Far Harbor and Nuka World DLC soon.
My favorite perk is the solar powered perk. Radiation poisoning? Not for me! I'm like a human sized Ultraman with rank 3 solar powered + rank 3 life giver.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
Banjo-Kazooie Main.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 pm

On my SNES emulator. I beat Super Godzilla a few days ago. I plan on playing Battleclash or Falcon's Revenge some time this week. This is actually a new emulator that I downloaded, since the old one was having issues.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm playing nothing, because all I do is schoolwork.

What I have waiting and reading to go however, is Spider-Man (PS4), Jurassic World Evolution, Okami and Psychonauts.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS...
& its boring as sin. Has anyone else here played this game? Does anything
interesting ever happen in it?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Postby space godzilla » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Beat: Mighty Switch Force

Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2, Bioshock on Xbox 1, and Morrowind as a Necromancer.
"Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!" - Flood Gravemind, Halo 3.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Grievous wrote:I'm currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS...
& its boring as sin. Has anyone else here played this game? Does anything
interesting ever happen in it?

AC is an acquired taste. I mainly do the fishing, insect hunting and fossil hunting. Once I complete those aspects of the game I usually put it away. Oh and I'll fully upgrade my house.

AC is more a life simulator so if you don't like those types of games you aren't going to like AC. The first AC game was fun because it had NES emulators built into it but any game after that has omitted that stuff so no nothing really interesting happens if you don't like catching fish/bugs, digging up fossils, interacting with your neighbors, upgrading and decorating your house.
optimum in mundi

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm

gvamp wrote:AC is an acquired taste. I mainly do the fishing, insect hunting and fossil hunting. Once I complete those aspects of the game I usually put it away. Oh and I'll fully upgrade my house.

AC is more a life simulator so if you don't like those types of games you aren't going to like AC. The first AC game was fun because it had NES emulators built into it but any game after that has omitted that stuff so no nothing really interesting happens if you don't like catching fish/bugs, digging up fossils, interacting with your neighbors, upgrading and decorating your house.

Its just seems like the Pokemon Universe to me...A GIANT wasted opportunity.

Like why not have some mystery & intrigue? Or some conflict & tension?

Its just all so..nice & wholesome...and that's not what life is really like.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:41 pm

I just finished off the main story of AC Odyssey and it was amazing, easily my favorite game of the series.

Now I'm going to work on Pokémon Lets Go Eevee and do AC side stuff until RE2 comes out at the end of the month. After RE2 I'm going to go back and do all the Spider-Man DLC.
optimum in mundi

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Currently playing Kirby: Planet Robobot on my 3ds and replaying War for Cybertron on my PC.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Finished AC Odyssey ahead of schedule so I moved on to the SM DLC packs and 100% those. Trophy wise I didn't 100% that with all the new trophies added post game launch and probably never will.

I started RE2 remake at midnight. Started with Leon's campaign on Normal.
optimum in mundi

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm

I played the demo of Yoshi’s Crafted World. Game looks very pleasant and fun. I love it visually and mechanically. Can’t wait for the actual release.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Since my last post in this thread I've beaten the following games:

Resident Evil 2 Leon A and Claire A
Metro Last Light Redux
Pokémon Lets go Eevee

By beat Pokémon I mean I finished the main game and caught Mewtwo. I still need about 15 Pokémon to get a full Dex. Not sure what I'll start now but after I beat the next game I'm going to restart The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
optimum in mundi

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Currently replaying Dead Space 1 on Hard. Hard is a bit of a misnomer, as it's more irritating than it is difficult. It can best be summarized as "Too many Necromorphs, not enough ammo". I'm currently running the Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter and Pulse Rifle. Despite it not being upgraded, the Pulse Rifle still reliably takes down Necromorphs better than the Plasma Cutter that I have upgraded. The Contact Beam is great for dismembering bosses, but unfortunately in it's unupgraded state all it does is temporarily knock down standard Necromorphs. Might try swapping out the Contact Beam with the Ripper as the Contact Beam is really only good for bosses at the moment so it and it's ammo takes up valuable inventory space.

Man, I wish EA didn't skreeonk this series into the dirt and shut down Visceral Games :cry:
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:43 pm

In my last post I forgot to mention I also beat Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice which was an amazing game. I recommend anyone who hasn't played it do so.

I also got the last Pokemon I needed so now I have a complete Pokedex. Finally I beat Batman Arkham Origins this past week.

I restarted Zelda Breath of the Wild but after playing it the past few days I've seem to lost interest in the game. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic game with great visuals and depth but I think I just miss the traditional dungeons that the other Zelda games had. This game is like one big collectathon to even progress anywhere in the story and I really don't like that. Needless to say I think I might be taking a break from BotW for awhile. Possibly video games as a whole.
optimum in mundi

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:58 am

Mostly been playing tetris 99 because its so dang addictive. The last game I beat was doom 2016 a few months a ago was a fun game and cant wait for doom enteral.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Currently playing Sonic Adventure.

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Return to “Video Game Hub”