Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Logan268
G-Grasper

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by Logan268 »

Undertale, the greatest game of all time. Stuck on Sans but I'm trying so hard to get past him.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Currently finishing up my playthrough of the Resident Evil franchise, and am switching over to work my way through the Kirby franchise. Oh, my friends and I started Deep Rock Galactic too. Highly recommend it.
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finished Ys 8 last week and it was a pretty great game. Not my favorite JRPG but it was very good. Then I started inFamous First Light on Saturday and finish ed it yesterday. It's a nice prequel to inFamous Second Son.

Going to start the RE Village Rose DLC next weekend and also play some Hogwarts Legacy until RE4 Remake.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The campaign is just awesome. Really goes back to what made the first Black Ops game so great and memorable.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:35 am Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The campaign is just awesome. Really goes back to what made the first Black Ops game so great and memorable.
I love Cold War! Its definitely my favorite of the recent CODs. I thought the campaign was really good, and zombies was super fun. Mutiplayer was also pretty good
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Got the Nintendo Family Plan plus extension and started replaying Ocarina of Time again. After I finish Skyward Sword I think I'll start Minish Cap. That will leave Windwaker the only major Zelda title I haven't played yet. Not to mention restarting Metroid Prime when the remaster drops next week. Yeah I know its available digitally but I'd prefer to have a hard copy.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:39 am Got the Nintendo Family Plan plus extension and started replaying Ocarina of Time again. After I finish Skyward Sword I think I'll start Minish Cap. That will leave Windwaker the only major Zelda title I haven't played yet. Not to mention restarting Metroid Prime when the remaster drops next week. Yeah I know its available digitally but I'd prefer to have a hard copy.
Are you going to get Tears of the Kingdom when it comes out?

I've played (and beaten) all the "main" Zelda games, including LOZ2. I don't count the weird multi-player ones, like Four Swords Adventures, simply because I can't find anyone to play them with.

I'm still playing Dead Space, but I'm frothing at the mouth for RE4.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I wanna get around to Breath of the Wild first but yeah I'll grab it when it drops.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Just replayed the Batman: Arkham trilogy. Asylum and City have both held up remarkably well. Certain mechanics in Asylum are kinda clunky but I still think it's ahead of its time overall. City is hands-down the best of the trilogy and one of my all-time favorite games. It took the great formula from Asylum and improved upon it with more diverse combat and stealth, and a more engaging story that makes use of more characters from the Batman mythos.

Arkham Knight is a beautiful disappointment. It looks amazing and it made some slight improvements on City's gameplay but I have a lot more problems with it than its two predecessors. The combat got too complex, with an overabundance of medics, electrified enemies and brutes being thrown at you in most encounters, and I find it much harder to "target" enemies; in City, I could easily move from one enemy to another with a click of the stick but now any time I'm surrounded, I always seem to hit the wrong thug, often screwing up my combo. I also don't enjoy the Batmobile combat very much and there's way, WAY too much of it throughout the game. I still enjoy Knight but it's easily the worst of the trilogy. I didn't replay Origins, but my memory is that the story and gameplay are quite good but there are basically no innovations, causing it to feel like a really long City DLC.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Pizza Tower! It's such a manic and fun game.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:47 am Just replayed the Batman: Arkham trilogy. Asylum and City have both held up remarkably well. Certain mechanics in Asylum are kinda clunky but I still think it's ahead of its time overall. City is hands-down the best of the trilogy and one of my all-time favorite games. It took the great formula from Asylum and improved upon it with more diverse combat and stealth, and a more engaging story that makes use of more characters from the Batman mythos.

Arkham Knight is a beautiful disappointment. It looks amazing and it made some slight improvements on City's gameplay but I have a lot more problems with it than its two predecessors. The combat got too complex, with an overabundance of medics, electrified enemies and brutes being thrown at you in most encounters, and I find it much harder to "target" enemies; in City, I could easily move from one enemy to another with a click of the stick but now any time I'm surrounded, I always seem to hit the wrong thug, often screwing up my combo. I also don't enjoy the Batmobile combat very much and there's way, WAY too much of it throughout the game. I still enjoy Knight but it's easily the worst of the trilogy. I didn't replay Origins, but my memory is that the story and gameplay are quite good but there are basically no innovations, causing it to feel like a really long City DLC.
Good review! And I can see how the gameplay of Knight can be too "crowded" so to speak. Agreed about the Batmobile.

For me I still place Asylum as my favorite, I'll never forget playing it for the first time. The atmosphere, the tone, the acting - it's so perfect. I adore how straight foward everything is. Whenever I revisit the game I just get so soaked into the world of Batman, and with the passing of Conroy it makes it bittersweet. Yeah, City is a masterpiece but I can't really get invested into the story as much as the other three games. Still truly solid stuff though, I've sunked so many hours into City alone. I've grown to appreciate Knight a whole lot because it saddens me that it really was the end, like truly the end of an era.
Gotham Knights too way too long to release with a disappointing final product, and Suicide Squad's gonna be the last of the og Rocksteady team since guys like Sefton Hill left. SS does look good but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the game to milk all the Arkham nostalgia since it takes place a few years after Knight.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Metroid Prime Remastered just came in the mail so I'll definitely start replaying that. Still making my way through Ocarina of Time on Nintendo Online. Getting ready to enter the Water Temple.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Still cruising on through Kirby’s Return to Dreamland DX. It’s a very fun little game to play. Metroid Prime Remastered is next on the docket.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Been playing some Don't Starve. Fun game, but there's a lot of information to process.
Resized Image

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

CyberZilla wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:06 pm Still cruising on through Kirby’s Return to Dreamland DX. It’s a very fun little game to play. Metroid Prime Remastered is next on the docket.
The original RtDL is one of my favorite games ever, I just recently did another playthrough in preparation of deluxe. I can't wait to someday get it!
Resized Image

Burnham
Young Farmer

Post by Burnham »

I've been playing the Diablo 2 resurrected on the Nintendo Switch and I love it! I'm playing offline single player and I'm running into some bugs or issues. The main issue was not being able to change the number of players, this has now been fixed. I was happy with the remake that Blizzard gave us. And I am also waiting for Diablo 4.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

13 months later, I have finally Platinum-ed Elden Ring. I got back into it last week and beat two playthroughs where I'd gotten up to the final boss and given up, securing the two endings I still needed. Then it was just a matter of gathering all the legendary equipment, 2/3 of which I already had. First time I've ever 100%-ed a game this big; feels good, not gonna lie.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter Rise on both PC and Xbox Series X mainly because I can share the save between the two. I just "finished" the main story yesterday and now I have the "post" game stuff. Mainly playing that to keep busy until RE4 comes out later this week.

After I finish RE4 remake I'm going on to Metroid Prime Remastered.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Beat Bioshock Infinite last night! It was fun, but the gameplay, atmosphere, and writing were definitely worse than Bioshocks 1 and 2. Still enjoyed it though. On to Burial at Sea next!
Resized Image