Soul Calibur.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Re: Soul Calibur.

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:02 am

So there's a lot of discussion about this game up until it releases, and then the thread goes dark. Is it not any good, or...?

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Frustrating to learn there's no extra content to unlock for character customization especially after all the extra stuff SCV had.

Yeah, easily one of the most frustrating aspects of the game (especially to me) That, and I have several issues with th character creation itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfOFB50D62Q

This Youtube video sums them up better then I ever could.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:35 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Frustrating to learn there's no extra content to unlock for character customization especially after all the extra stuff SCV had.

WHAT? Are you kidding me?? As all-out as they went with the race/body types, and the default items are IT? There's borderline nothing to work with. I was okay with it because I thought there was stuff to be unlocked later on somehow, but if this is it... holy crap, man. :sigh: :facepalm:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 am

Mind you there's still totally a chance for future DLC stuff like V did. I know the Season Pass adds a bunch of extra pieces but there's nothing actually hidden within the game itself.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Mind you there's still totally a chance for future DLC stuff like V did. I know the Season Pass adds a bunch of extra pieces but there's nothing actually hidden within the game itself.

How much do you wanna bet that it's just gonna be stuff that was in the previous game? I wouldn't put it passed Banco to do something like that.

Added in 6 days 4 hours 23 minutes 55 seconds:
I made Gamera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgv7xCte7oM
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes according to some recent data mining we will indeed be getting character creation DLC. Also seems to confirm that Cassandra and Amy are the last two DLC characters for this season pass.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Also seems to confirm that Cassandra and Amy are the last two DLC characters for this season pass.

Nooooo Aeon Calcos!!!!

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Also seems to confirm that Cassandra and Amy are the last two DLC characters for this season pass.

Nooooo Aeon Calcos!!!!

Yeah, I would've rather had Aeon be playable instead of that stupid Lizardman race that you can't even customize much at all!

You know what else is shitty? His style is in the god damn game! What the hell banco?!

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:54 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Yeah, I would've rather had Aeon be playable instead of that stupid Lizardman race that you can't even customize much at all!

You know what else is shitty? His style is in the god damn game! What the hell banco?!

That's the closest I'll get to Aeon so I'm happy with that. Still would had preferred if he was in the game though.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd just like to say that 2B is absurdly fun to use.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:I'd just like to say that 2B is absurdly fun to use.

2B is OP AF!

.....I had to I'm sorry.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Nerf the robutt!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Oh there's a slew of balancing fixes with the next update. 2B especially seems to be a large focus of that. They said they were forced into a deadline with her DLC and were unable to get all her buffs implemented in time.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:30 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Oh there's a slew of balancing fixes with the next update. 2B especially seems to be a large focus of that. They said they were forced into a deadline with her DLC and were unable to get all her buffs implemented in time.

Buffs? As if she needed them.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:09 am

Yeah that's not what I meant. Probably should have worded that better. :lol:

Added in 24 days 6 hours 31 minutes 46 seconds:
Lizardman is rumored to be part of DLC Season 2. More info on him and other possible DLC characters.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Lizardman is rumored to be part of DLC Season 2. More info on him and other possible DLC characters.

Please! Please be true!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:10 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Lizardman is rumored to be part of DLC Season 2. More info on him and other possible DLC characters.

Please! Please be true!

Yes! Please! LONG LIVE DA LIZAAARD!

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Lizardman is rumored to be part of DLC Season 2.

It'd be pretty stupid for them to not add Lizardman to the roster proper, considering the NPC ones use his moveset anyway. There's literally no reason to not put him in the game.

Anyway, I made Gridman a while back:

And before anyone tries to rag on my terrible performance, I was more concerned with showing off than being effective.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 pm

First look at some of the new CC pieces for DLC 3. Includes previous game costumes for Siegfried and Tira.

https://youtu.be/0gmRxYiE5K4
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Oh man, those items look amazing! I've yet to make an original character in the game and I probably won't even bother until that stuff is out.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Return to “Video Game Hub”