Soul Calibur.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Re: Soul Calibur.

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

@Living Corpse: Hey, at least you get sponge baths form hot sexy nurses, so there's that. :mrgreen:

I hate nurses, the don't believe me when I tell them something is wrong, so when the doctor asks me why I didn't say anything I tell him/her "I did, your nurses think I'm faking for some reason." Which sucks cause I know there are nurses who actually give a damn about the people seeking medical help but the majority I met don't care and I'm wondering "why are you even here? Why did you take a job where caring about others is requirement? It can't be because of the money, cause nurses don't make a lot till waaaaay later if ever and there other jobs that pay a lot more way sooner."

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:18 am

^Yeah, lets not talk about this in the Soul Calibur thread. Thank you.

GodzillaFreak99
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

@Living Corpse: Hey, at least you get sponge baths form hot sexy nurses, so there's that. :mrgreen:

I hate nurses, the don't believe me when I tell them something is wrong, so when the doctor asks me why I didn't say anything I tell him/her "I did, your nurses think I'm faking for some reason." Which sucks cause I know there are nurses who actually give a damn about the people seeking medical help but the majority I met don't care and I'm wondering "why are you even here? Why did you take a job where caring about others is requirement? It can't be because of the money, cause nurses don't make a lot till waaaaay later if ever and there other jobs that pay a lot more way sooner."

Oh...didn't know that. Mah bad. :oops:

OT" since it's SC's 20th anniversary, does anyone have any fond memories of the series they'd like to share?
Neo-Chop!

"It's too easy to think of superheroes as weapons, something to be deployed like an arm for the military. But now, I understand better then I ever have that that's not what they are. They're people. We heroes can work together, and in order to protect this world...we must! But from now on, our alliance will be forged in trust! Not in fear or force. Because no threat can stand against us, when we choose to act as one!

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:OT" since it's SC's 20th anniversary, does anyone have any fond memories of the series they'd like to share?

SC2 was the first fighting game to make me fap. Does that count? Also loved doing that trick of Link twisting around the arm, dragging them a few feet and smacking them in the back of the head with his sword. That grapple has helped me win so many bullshit fights by ring out.

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby edgaguirus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 pm

I think back to all the times I used Sophitia to win. She was my best character, and led me to beat the game more than a few times.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought ypu gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

GodzillaFreak99
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:OT" since it's SC's 20th anniversary, does anyone have any fond memories of the series they'd like to share?

SC2 was the first fighting game to make me fap. Does that count? Also loved doing that trick of Link twisting around the arm, dragging them a few feet and smacking them in the back of the head with his sword. That grapple has helped me win so many bullshit fights by ring out.

Yeah, I remember coming home from elementary school every day and spending countless hours playing SCII........and don't get me started on SCIII. Ooh...had a lot of good times with that one I did.
Neo-Chop!

"It's too easy to think of superheroes as weapons, something to be deployed like an arm for the military. But now, I understand better then I ever have that that's not what they are. They're people. We heroes can work together, and in order to protect this world...we must! But from now on, our alliance will be forged in trust! Not in fear or force. Because no threat can stand against us, when we choose to act as one!

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Yeah, I remember coming home from elementary school every day and spending countless hours playing SCII........and don't get me started on SCIII. Ooh...had a lot of good times with that one I did.

Puberty was a hell of a time to discover SCII. The fact it had Link in it made me rent it. Guest fighter are a gateway drugs to other franchises you'd normally wouldn't try.

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 pm

So a montage was posted with the words "Soul Calibur will never die". I guess this is them hinting at a new game.

LegendZilla
EDF Soldier

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Hypothetically what kinds of characters would be good for the next installment in the series? Maybe a Ottoman Janissary or Native American Tomahawk-wilder.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFreak99
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Living Corpse wrote:So a montage was posted with the words "Soul Calibur will never die". I guess this is them hinting at a new game.

Based on all the activity going on on the official SC facebook page, I'm willing to bet that SCVI is a sure thing. Who knows, maybe we'll see something sometime after the hype for Tekken 7 dies down a little.
Neo-Chop!

LegendZilla
EDF Soldier

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 am

Does anyone think that Zoro from One Piece would make a good guest character? Either him or Guts from Berserk.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFreak99
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 am

LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone think that Zoro from One Piece would make a good guest character? Either him or Guts from Berserk.

that'd be cool, (Zoro especially could offer a very unique playstyle) But highly unlikely. given that neither series has enough recognition as say, someone like Darth Vader of Ezio to a general audience.

Here's my list of guest fighters I'd personally like to see.
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Vergil (Devil May Cry Franchise)
the Pricne (I forget his name) (Prince of Persia)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Tyreal (Diablo III)
Kylo Ren/Darth Maul/Rey (either one) (Star Wars)
Neo-Chop!

JAGzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm

How about one of the Ninja Turtles as a guest fighter? Leonardo or Raphael would be my top choices, as I don't think the last two games had anyone using their respective weapons.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 am

JAGzilla wrote:How about one of the Ninja Turtles as a guest fighter? Leonardo or Raphael would be my top choices, as I don't think the last two games had anyone using their respective weapons.

I made all 4 turtles in SCV :lol: they looked really good too. There's a tutorial on YouTube.

There is someone that uses knunchucks and someone that uses a staff. But nobody that I recall that uses dual katana blades or Sais.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GodzillaFreak99
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am

Zilla103192 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:How about one of the Ninja Turtles as a guest fighter? Leonardo or Raphael would be my top choices, as I don't think the last two games had anyone using their respective weapons.

I made all 4 turtles in SCV :lol: they looked really good too. There's a tutorial on YouTube.

There is someone that uses knunchucks and someone that uses a staff. But nobody that I recall that uses dual katana blades or Sais.

The Natsu/Taki Style is a decent substitute for the sais. As forth duel Katana, Cervantes' style could work. It's a shame Shura wasn't in SCV, her weapons (duel katanas with Cervantes' moveset) would've been perfect.
Neo-Chop!

Return to “Video Game Hub”