Soul Calibur.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Soul Calibur.

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 pm

a couple of these are kind of old but...

Searching for his lost love: Raphael trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWN4L59 ... 47210C7484

Great Pirate Ressurected: Cervantes trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EBE1k ... 47210C7484

Successor to the Holy Warrior: Patroklos trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ny2b5 ... 47210C7484

And yes, I am aware that the bizarre nonsenseicle trailer for Soul Calibur: Unbreakable Soul is fake, and unbreakable soul is indeed a game exclusive to mobile devices.
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Team: Team M,I,A
Favourite Kaiju: Kiryu

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 am

LegendZilla wrote:For the next game, mind if I share ideas for new characters that could be added?

By all means go right ahead, this thread could use more activity other than myself just posting trailers.

@Hellspawn: I highly doubt that, despite it selling less than SCIV, SCV still sold well enough to warrant a new title in the soul series.
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:10 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:2016 is the 20th anniversary of Soul Edge, I think SC6 will be out by then. I skip out on SC5 after hearing mixed things about it. My favorites would be:

SC2
SC1
SC4
SC3

SC3 has a great character creation and Chronicles of the Sword, but I feel like the gameplay in SC4 was better. SC3 can be pretty broken which is why the game was banned in several tournaments from what I can remember.

I here that brother.

my favorites:

SCV: I personally think it is an amazing game enspite of it's flaws
SCII: Oh such fond memories of this game I have, I can still remember coming home from elementary school everyday and relaxing by popin' in some SCII
SCIV: This came very close to being my number 2, but all those fond memories of ScII mentiond above sealed it
SCIII: pretty much for the same reason you stated

and if you liked SCIII's character creation, then you will have a blast with SCV's believe me when I say, it puts III's to shame
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:49 am

A Young Woman Bound by Silence: Amy Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4KfXKUcuM
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I think good characters too add would be :

A Persian or Ottoman

A Native American

A Norwegian

A Russian Cossak

LegendZilla
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:09 pm

LegendZilla wrote:I think good characters too add would be :

A Persian or Ottoman

A Native American

A Norwegian

A Russian Cossak

The native American is very unlikely, since the a majority (or all) of the games take place in Europe.
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Who should they do for a guest fighter for SC6? I think someone like Scorpion would be cool. My idea for his story is that Quan Chi sends Scorpion back in time to retrieve the Soul Edge. Quan Chi can give the power of the Soul Edge to Shinnok in order to start his Netherrealm invasion. Scorpion's destined battle can be Nightmare as they are both mascots of their fighting game franchise.

I don't see that happening. One reason is that I don't think Scorpion or any MK characters would really fit into the soul series.

I myself would personally like to see Dante from the Devil may cry series, or Conner from Assassin's Creed 3. Ryu Hayabusa would also be cool. I'd say he's the most likely, since Ninja Gaiden is owned by Namco. Others I would like to see, but I know will never happen are

Inuyahsa/Sesshomaru (Inuyasha) Either one of these two would fit perfectly into the soul series, since Inuyasha takes place around the same time period.

Kakashi Hatake (Naruto series) the best part is, you wouldn't even have to program a moveset for him, you could just make him the mimic character, he is the copy ninja after all :lol:

strider (Strider) would be cool to see

Maka albarn (Soul eater) would also be cool to see. I also bring this up because Maka's English voice actor, Laura Bally was the voice of Pyrrha/Pyrrha Omega in soul caliber 5.

Future Trunks (Dragon Ball franchise) He'd be overpowered as shit, but would also be fun to play.

Those are just a couple of guest characters I would personally love to see.
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:20 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't want DBZ characters in the Soul series. Seeing DBZ character drawn in a anime/manga style then seeing them in a realistic style will be a bad turn.

I know, just thought it'd be kind of cool is all, I know we will probably never see Anime/Manga characters in the soul series, on that note, did you know there was a soul caliber manga?
http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulc ... anga_Comic
Believe it!

GodzillaFreak99
Hokage

Geiger Counter

Previous

Return to Video Game Hub