Soul Calibur.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Soul Calibur.

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:19 am

miguelnuva wrote:Alpha Pat and Phyrra omega were both better characters then there previous versions.

Personally I'm still on the I want a third soul sword bandwagon.

Honestly I prefer Regular Pyrrha, Pyrrha O kind of gives me the creeps "Let's become one...It's so warm!" *shiver*
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Fri May 20, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Bubbazilla
Ronin

Postby Bubbazilla » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Game play wise: I'd to add where you could play as ally of your pick of the various Soul Calibur fighters. Think setting the game in WWI, you could play as Bob, a Cowboy whom uses a revolver and a lasso, Liu Tan, Chinese pirate with a Mauser bolt action rifle and a Tai Chi sword, and Von Krieger a German flying ace whom uses a Luger pistol and hand grenades. Their stories would be linked to Soul Calibur, too. Example: Von Krieger and Bob both want to destroy Soul Calibur, because they think it is too powerful of a weapon to exist. But Liu Tan wants to sell it to the Bolsheviks, so she buy more modern weaponry for her pirate band from German arms dealers. If Liu Tan succeeds, the Bolsheviks could wipe out all mankind in their mad quest for global domination.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 am

Bubbazilla wrote:Game play wise: I'd to add where you could play as ally of your pick of the various Soul Calibur fighters. Think setting the game in WWI, you could play as Bob, a Cowboy whom uses a revolver and a lasso, Liu Tan, Chinese pirate with a Mauser bolt action rifle and a Tai Chi sword, and Von Krieger a German flying ace whom uses a Luger pistol and hand grenades. Their stories would be linked to Soul Calibur, too. Example: Von Krieger and Bob both want to destroy Soul Calibur, because they think it is too powerful of a weapon to exist. But Liu Tan wants to sell it to the Bolsheviks, so she buy more modern weaponry for her pirate band from German arms dealers. If Liu Tan succeeds, the Bolsheviks could wipe out all mankind in their mad quest for global domination.

That doesn't sound like Soul Calibur to me.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 am

Greetings friends, I come barring grim (or good, depending on how you look at it) news. It was announced this morning that On September 30, at precisely 11:30 a.m anod or p.m, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords will be shutting down it's servers.

Though the warriors may fade, their souls will live on.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:29 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Greetings friends, I come barring grim (or good, depending on how you look at it) news. It was announced this morning that On September 30, at precisely 11:30 a.m anod or p.m, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords will be shutting down it's servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lum6ySQa4MM

"Their souls will ignite again"
I sure hope so.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:30 am

Young Guy wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Greetings friends, I come barring grim (or good, depending on how you look at it) news. It was announced this morning that On September 30, at precisely 11:30 a.m anod or p.m, Soul Calibur: Lost Swords will be shutting down it's servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lum6ySQa4MM

"Their souls will ignite again"
I sure hope so.

hint hint

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Today (or yesterday at the time I'm writing this) The servers for Soul Calibur: Lost Swords have official closed, meaning the game has been completely shut down. Okay, so I got the date wrong, Does anyone really care? XD

Worry not mi amigos, for there is a silver lining. On the official Soul Calibur facebook page, Project Soul posted a message that said (and I quote) "Look forward for the next announcement" What could this "announcement" possibly be? A Soul Calibur 6? or perhaps, something new all
together.

You can view the post for yourself here:
https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:32 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Today (or yesterday at the time I'm writing this) The servers for Soul Calibur: Lost Swords have official closed, meaning the game has been completely shut down. Okay, so I got the date wrong, Does anyone really care? XD

Worry not mi amigos, for there is a silver lining. On the official Soul Calibur facebook page, Project Soul posted a message that said (and I quote) "Stay tuned for the next announcement" What could this "announcement" possibly be? A Soul Calibur 6? or perhaps, something new all
together.

You can view the post for yourself here:

Watch it be a shitty freemium mobile game.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:26 am

Well boys and girls, it's time to celebrate 20 years of Soul Calibur!

"To celebrate Soulcalibur 20th Anniversary, we invite you to discover (again) our unique universe! Character focus, trivia, fan arts, quiz and so many surprises. Be ready, Legends are coming!"

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:51 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Well boys and girls, it's time to celebrate 20 years of Soul Calibur!

"To celebrate Soulcalibur 20th Anniversary, we invite you to discover (again) our unique universe! Character focus, trivia, fan arts, quiz and so many surprises. Be ready, Legends are coming!"

Legends are coming? As in Soul Calibur 6?

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:18 am

Young Guy wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Well boys and girls, it's time to celebrate 20 years of Soul Calibur!

Legends are coming? As in Soul Calibur 6?

who knows. Although, I did hear that there will be some sort of announcement at Comic-Con this year. https://comiccon2016.sched.org/event/7f ... games-2016

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 am

A Native American warrior or Ottoman Jannisary would be cool additions for future characters.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:40 pm

......I'M SO OLD!

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:05 am

Guys! Bandai Namco wants to hear your voices! If you want a Soul Calibur 6, let them know!

Tweet them! leave a comment on the facebook page! Do whatever you can to show them you want it, and you want it NOW
https://twitter.com/hoshino_calibur?lang=en

@Living Corpse: Hey, at least you get sponge baths form hot sexy nurses, so there's that. :mrgreen:

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:43 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Guys! Bandai Namco wants to hear your voices! If you want a Soul Calibur 6, let them know!

Tweet them! leave a comment on the facebook page! Do whatever you can to show them you want it, and you want it NOW
https://twitter.com/hoshino_calibur?lang=en

@Living Corpse: Hey, at least you get sponge baths form hot sexy nurses, so there's that. :mrgreen:

I wish I could help, but I'm not on Facebook nor Twitter.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

I hate nurses, the don't believe me when I tell them something is wrong, so when the doctor asks me why I didn't say anything I tell him/her "I did, your nurses think I'm faking for some reason." Which sucks cause I know there are nurses who actually give a damn about the people seeking medical help but the majority I met don't care and I'm wondering "why are you even here? Why did you take a job where caring about others is requirement? It can't be because of the money, cause nurses don't make a lot till waaaaay later if ever and there other jobs that pay a lot more way sooner."

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:18 am

^Yeah, lets not talk about this in the Soul Calibur thread. Thank you.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

I hate nurses, the don't believe me when I tell them something is wrong, so when the doctor asks me why I didn't say anything I tell him/her "I did, your nurses think I'm faking for some reason." Which sucks cause I know there are nurses who actually give a damn about the people seeking medical help but the majority I met don't care and I'm wondering "why are you even here? Why did you take a job where caring about others is requirement? It can't be because of the money, cause nurses don't make a lot till waaaaay later if ever and there other jobs that pay a lot more way sooner."

Oh...didn't know that. Mah bad. :oops:

OT" since it's SC's 20th anniversary, does anyone have any fond memories of the series they'd like to share?

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:OT" since it's SC's 20th anniversary, does anyone have any fond memories of the series they'd like to share?

SC2 was the first fighting game to make me fap. Does that count? Also loved doing that trick of Link twisting around the arm, dragging them a few feet and smacking them in the back of the head with his sword. That grapple has helped me win so many bullshit fights by ring out.

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 pm

I think back to all the times I used Sophitia to win. She was my best character, and led me to beat the game more than a few times.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Return to “Video Game Hub”