Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Postby gvamp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm trying to find a girl in White run for some minor quest then I might wander around and try to get up in levels before proceeding on. Right now I'm on the last main quest of Act I

SPOILERS

The last main storyline quest I did was I met with the Greybeards and learned the second word of my first shout and also the other shout.

END SPOILERS
optimum in mundi

Check out my business by click here https://www.facebook.com/GameShopMI

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Breakdown » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm

For anyone's who majors in this skill, what is the best way to raise your smithing level?
LamangoKaijura wrote:Where's the option to 'violently foam at the mouth and screech like a chimpanzee getting a prostate exam from a cactus and post constant B.S. and flame'?

"We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."

Breakdown
The Swarmlord

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Tyranids
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Ceasar, Biollante

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 am

Gyaos wrote:For anyone's who majors in this skill, what is the best way to raise your smithing level?

Just start making armor and weapons any chance you get. If you can't fine veins to mine, just buy ore or ingots from the smiths in different towns and make some stuff with that. Or you can train with that Grey-Mane guy who works the sky-forge in Whiterun.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Hedorah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Started this game a few hours ago, my computer doesn't have it on the max graphics and it still looks phenomenal. And the gameplay is such an upgrade from Oblivion. Leveling up and skills are way less complicated. Can't wait to go slay some dragons :D
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen
Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Zilla103192 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Never played an Elder Scrolls game, but this sounds pretty intense...

adding to christmas list.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Listening to the main theme... Damn I need this game, I'm having a hard time figuring out which species I'll want to be though
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Breakdown » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Has anyone witnessed incredibly one-sided fights between wildlife? I was getting attacked by two bears on a mountain ledge when a Dragon appears and flies off with one of the bears, then throws him over the edge of the cliff. I lol'd.

One of my friends said a dragon attacked him, then the dragon itself was killed by, I shit you not, a bunch of horses.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Where's the option to 'violently foam at the mouth and screech like a chimpanzee getting a prostate exam from a cactus and post constant B.S. and flame'?

"We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."

Breakdown
The Swarmlord

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Ceasar, Biollante

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 pm

I hope that shit will happen to me :lol:
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Hedorah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Gyaos wrote:One of my friends said a dragon attacked him, then the dragon itself was killed by, I shit you not, a bunch of horses.

I love the physics defying horses, but at the same time I hope they fix those glitches soon
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 am

Hedorah wrote:
Gyaos wrote:One of my friends said a dragon attacked him, then the dragon itself was killed by, I shit you not, a bunch of horses.

I love the physics defying horses, but at the same time I hope they fix those glitches soon

I almost think they have to defy the laws of physics to get decent use out of them. Let's face it, other than the plains and valleys, Skyrim is a very craggy environment. And I for one want to get over that terrain swiftly when I'm on a horse.

As for the horses fighting dragons, yep, that's totally possible. Damn near everything will fight anything else, even a dragon. For instance, I was swimming in the river outside Whiterun, catching some salmon to cook, when a burst of frost just hit the top of the water. I go back up, this douchebag Frost Dragon is picking on mudcrabs. The crabs didn't stand a chance but they still angrily wandered around after the dragon. And the dragon displayed no interest in fighting me. I shot him with arrows but he would not land. After he had killed all the crabs he could find, and one Sabre Cat, he flew off. I love how everything interacts with eachother. In another instance I was hunting an Elk when a skreeonking pack of wolves comes out of nowhere and takes my kill.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Zilla103192 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 am

^okay, your post just sold me... I am getting this game.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Hedorah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Favorite glitch at the moment, the Giant glitch. When a giant kills you, you get sent flying straight into the air. I love just exploring more then doing the actual quests I'm sent out on too. I'm gonna be playing this for quite a long time.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 pm

For any of you wondering how to raise your smithing level without training; buy Iron Ingots and Leather Strims en masse and make Iron Daggers. It may not sound like it, but it levels your smithing (and your level overall) REALLY fast. I went from 32 to 59 in 20 minutes just by making Iron Daggers.

Re-selling said daggers is also a good way to repelnish your gold. An easy way to make money in case you run low during this process, go to Riften and ask the Argonian lady at the front desk (She looks like the Velociraptor from Jurassic Park, you cant miss her), and she usually gives you tasks like killing Bandit leaders and rarely Dragonslaying. The bounty you collect is stypicall just enough to get you going again. Also if you're a high enough level you can loot the bandits you kill since they drop valuble things.

Breakdown
The Swarmlord

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Hedorah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, became a werewolf....skreeonk yeah
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Zilla103192 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:22 pm

DO you control when you change into the wolf? or does it follow the full moon route?

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Hedorah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:58 pm

zilla103192 wrote:DO you control when you change into the wolf? or does it follow the full moon route?

I'm not quite sure yet myself I just got it then started a quest right afterwards so I'll probably find out during the quest.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby gvamp » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:18 pm

zilla103192 wrote:DO you control when you change into the wolf? or does it follow the full moon route?

Not a werewolf yet but I can answer the question. You can become a werewolf once a day for 2 and half minutes real time, however if you kill someone and feed on them you can extend your beast mode for 30 seconds. Also with out giving away to many spoilers you can do a certain quest that gives you an item that'll allow you to change into your beast mode twice a day.
optimum in mundi

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Hipster Thor » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 am

Just popping in to say that Skyrim is the greatest thing ever made by a human and has been occupying ALL of my time.

I'm a level 23 Bosmer, Werewolf, Ranger.
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.

Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Hipster Thor
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby gvamp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 pm

First patch is already sent off to both Sony and MS for testing and *should* be out next week.
optimum in mundi

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Breakdown » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Got Daedric armor. Im working for Dragon next.

Breakdown
The Swarmlord

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm

I finally have some time to play the game a little more. I decided to become a werewolf, which is pretty skreeonking sweet.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Hub