Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic (Watch the Reveal Trailer)

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:02 pm

DLC is taking forever. Shadow Broker was fun, but damn I need my Mass Effect fix.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Leunames » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Less than 24 hours away. I have a bunch of saves from me2 that i need to sift through and see which one i import first. I know for sure i have a shepard that ever since i picked up me 1 in 2007, has been nice to the aliens: save the rachni queen, aid the krogan, save the destiny ascension. I did destroy the collector base at the end of me 1 though.

Anyway, EXCITED for this epic game.
Bandai 8" King Seesar w/tag
Bandai 6" Orga w/tag
Bandai GMK Theater exclusives
for sale @ skreeonk.com marketplace

Leunames
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah

Postby Crocodile » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Eh I have multiple saves, but honestly
Don't expect my choices to matter, so I'll just playthrough with different classes.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I can't wait to get this game and I'm almost done with doing one last play through before ME3 comes out
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing and Red vs Blue fan!

I remember the golden age of the FF Section and all the writers that used to be here.

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter

Team: The N7's
Favourite Kaiju: JEBUS KABEBUS

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am

I'm going to do one more save file.

Have one for me I'm paragon with slight renegade

My brother is full renegade, my cousin is the same as me but a little more renegade and I'm making a new save with all the wrong choices on purpose.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:45 am

Pre-Ordered this as a b-day present for my brother. He's a HUGE Mass Effect fan. I like it too, so I'm looking forward to playing it.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Proofpoochie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Going to the midnight release! :D
Xbox Live Gamertag: Proofpoochie
Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:02 pm

So apparently this game somehow surpassed both Dragon Age 2 and TORtanic in terms of disappointment. Can't say I'm surprised.
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Biollante wrote:So apparently this game somehow surpassed both Dragon Age 2 and TORtanic in terms of disappointment. Can't say I'm surprised.

...The game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. Quit hating on these games for no real reason.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:42 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Biollante wrote:So apparently this game somehow surpassed both Dragon Age 2 and TORtanic in terms of disappointment. Can't say I'm surprised.

...The game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. Quit hating on these games for no real reason.

The game was leaked, genius.
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Biollante wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

The game was leaked, genius.

Not to a whole lot of people, obviously. Otherwise, this so called "news" of the game being disappointing would have come quite a while ago.

So yeah, I still stand by what I said: The game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. Give it more time.
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Not to a whole lot of people, obviously.

Yeah, 2500+ people and growing sure isn't a lot. :roll:
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Godzilla 1995 wrote:The game got a perfect 10 from Game Informer, what're you all talking about?

"Gaming journalistic integrity."

Lets take a peak over at the Meta critic page. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Biollante wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Not to a whole lot of people, obviously.

Yeah, 2500+ people and growing sure isn't a lot. :roll:

Then if the game has been out to so many people, and is such a "disappointment", and you hate Mass Effect for whatever reason, how come you're just now figuring it out? You know, after the game has already come out? Shouldn't this have been news to you for a while now?

Besides, I've noticed that you hate Mass Effect for some reason that I haven't seen you say (even though you're the only person I've ever seen say anything bad about Mass Effect), and as Godzilla 1995 pointed out, the game is getting great reviews and has probably sold a lot of copies already. So really, you could just be blowing all of this out of proportion, and just hating on a really good game.
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hedorah » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Biollante wrote:
Godzilla 1995 wrote:The game got a perfect 10 from Game Informer, what're you all talking about?

"Gaming journalistic integrity."

Lets take a peak over at the Meta critic page. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3

Trolls did the same thing to the Portal 2 page when it first came out lol
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen
Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Then if the game has been out to so many people, and is such a "disappointment", and you hate Mass Effect for whatever reason, how come you're just now figuring it out? You know, after the game has already come out? Shouldn't this have been news to you for a while now?

What? Yeah, the game has been leaked for a few days. I'm just talking about it now.

(even though you're the only person I've ever seen say anything bad about Mass Effect)

I don't hate the first Mass Effect, it's a pretty decent RPG with acceptable writing (Namely the Reaper speech). I do hate that EA has essentially run this series into the ground and people will continue to eat up Mac Walters awful writing and Bioware's pathetic casualization. Go anywhere else that isn't Bioware's forum, people can't stand Mass Effect 3 (see that meta critic page) and are starting to realize where Mass Effect 2 went wrong.

It's pretty obvious we're talking paid reviews when you consider the HUGE contrast between "critics" and user scores.
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm

*Looks at the Metacritic page*

...The game has a 94 out of a 100! The only game that has a higher score than it right now is Skyrim! That's not disappointing at all.

What? Yeah, the game has been leaked for a few days. I'm just talking about it now.

...Except that the game was released to everyone last night, so it doesn't really matter if the game was leaked for a few days anymore.
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:27 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...The game has a 94 out of a 100!

(Large budget, hyped ending to a trilogy)
Totally not paid reviews.

...Except that the game was released to everyone last night, so it doesn't really matter if the game was leaked for a few days anymore.

What do you mean it doesn't matter? The point is that people have already realized how bad it is because of the leak.
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 pm

(Large budget, hyped ending to a trilogy)
Totally not paid reviews.

Metacritic is still one of the premiere websites for reviewing, and the base score says 94 out of 100. It's still more impressive than most games. I don't care if they were paid or not, the game still has a score that would make most game designers cry.

What do you mean it doesn't matter? The point is that people have already realized how bad it is because of the leak.

...Except that, as you said, the leak only happened a few days ago. Subtract a day from that, and you get two or three days. That's really not enough time to decide if a game like Mass Effect is "disappointing" or not, especially when the critic scores say it's a damn good game.
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Biollante » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:I don't care if they were paid or not, the game still has a score that would make most game designers cry.

What the skreeonk?

Let me try to explain what's happening. The reviewers were paid, as in given money by EA/Bioware (the company distributing the review copy to critics) to say that their game is good. This isn't an "oh we love critics so much that we're slipping a nice paycheck with our review copy for being such awesome people," this is a "You HAVE to say good things about our game unless you don't want review copies anymore/want to be fired from your job." You think that's respectable? You think that's something Bioware should be proud of?

Subtract a day from that, and you get two or three days. That's really not enough time to decide if a game like Mass Effect is "disappointing" or not, especially when the critic scores say it's a damn good game.

Two-three days is more than enough to finish one playthrough of Mass Effect, it's not that long of a game. It's enough time see the awful animation, it's enough time to hear the hamfisted, poorly voiced dialogue, and it's enough time to reach the ending that ultimately leads to none of your choices making a difference.
Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Biollante wrote:Let me try to explain what's happening. The reviewers were paid, as in given money by EA/Bioware (the company distributing the review copy to critics) to say that their game is good. This isn't an "oh we love critics so much that we're slipping a nice paycheck with our review copy for being such awesome people," this is a "You HAVE to say good things about our game unless you don't want review copies anymore/want to be fired from your job." You think that's respectable? You think that's something Bioware should be proud of?

Is there any proof of this?
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Next

Return to Video Game Hub