Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Genoliger » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 am

I see that their are people being pissy about the ending here too.
Genoliger
Ronin

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 am

Grayshot954 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:
Destroyer wrote:^Isn't that just sad? Man, I really liked having Tali as a partner on the battlefield. I still can't believe I made that decision.

yeah that is one of the saddest parts from what i saw but luckily i was able to get peace between the two. Also did anyone find it sad when Thane died?

Not as much as Mordin. Damn I can still remember his final words. I am the very model of a.........

Yeah Mordin's last words are sad and i find it fitting that his last words are I am the very model of a scientist salarian.

Also i loved this line. "That was for Thane, you son of a bitch!"
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect fan!

I survived both 11/22/13 and 11/25/13 .

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 am

Genoliger wrote:I see that their are people being pissy about the ending here too.

Pretty much. A lot of it is bitching for the sake of bitching. However, the ending is quite disappointing. We don't learn what becomes of so many of the characters and a lot of what Shepard works for through the whole series never comes to fruition. So it does leave some plot holes and unanswered questions. It's sad more than anything, though. I wish it would have ended on a more positive note. What pisses me off is not necessarily bitching about the ending, but acting like the ending ruins the game as a whole. I think a lot of the hate for the game itself is completely unwarranted.
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:06 am

I hear the ending to Mass Effect 3 is just as bad as the ending to the TV ending to NGE? I guess I can see why they are creating a better ending for the fans just like Anno did with End of Evangelion.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Crocodile » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:30 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hear the ending to Mass Effect 3 is just as bad as the ending to the TV ending to NGE? I guess I can see why they are creating a better ending for the fans just like Anno did with End of Evangelion.

Well the ending is only 1 problem people have with ME3. My biggest problem the inventory system was gutted like a fish dinner, I wasn't expecting the great system from 1 to reappear, but goddamn it was down to near nothing.

Though bringing powers back was a nice touch.

Also the ending isn't sad, it's just plain bad writing. It's so circular and poorly developed it offends me as a means of story telling.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:33 am

I'm not sure if this video was already post, but I think this video explains why the ending sucked so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Crocodile » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:07 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm not sure if this video was already post, but I think this video explains why the ending sucked so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4

Well it's mostly because story is what ME was initially SOLD on, we were promised a great story. We got a generic cover and shoot game, with an attempt at story telling. I found most of 3 to be ham-fisted, I was on the floor laughing for a good half of it.

In fact the only mission in the game, I didn't feel dragged on from lame writing and dialouge was the one with Mordin and the Genophage.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Hey guys the Mass Effect 3 Extended cut will be released the 26th of this month. So heres the video of them talking about it and I don't know about you guys though but I'm excited about this. Though of course it would seem like I'm one of the few people who didn't entirely hate the endings.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/22/mass- ... s-tuesday/
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Meh. I'm intrigued but not hopeful. This could easily be just as disappointing as the original endings.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Bret » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I still say people got way too pissy over the ending.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.
Bret
G-Grasper

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh, I do too. The reaction was uncalled for. The endings though were pretty bad. They weren't the bringers of world chaos and doom that the internet made them out to be though.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:02 pm

I agree as well and I'm really hoping this extended cut will stop at least some people from bitching about it the whole time. Also just wondering do you guys believe in the Indoctrination theory because I don't.
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter

Postby Bret » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:09 pm

GodzillavsJason wrote:I agree as well and I'm really hoping this extended cut will stop at least some people from bitching about it the whole time. Also just wondering do you guys believe in the Indoctrination theory because I don't.

I've heard of it, but other than that I know nothing about it. What I hear msot complaints about the ending are that it was mostly just different colors. If that is the case this dlc may solve some of the problems people had with the ending.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.
Bret
G-Grasper

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I don't think people are ever going to stop complaining about the Mass Effect 3 ending the only thing I could see is Bioware may have to make a Mass Effect 4 that puts the previous 3 to shame and really makes all your choices seem like they matter.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillavsJason » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 pm

So..... what did you guys think of the Extended cut, I thought it was awesome and basically explained just about everything with the ending.

My ratings for each ending

Destroy: 10
Control: 8
Synthesis: 4 (Just my personal opinion but showing what it looked liked was interesting but not my choice of ending)
New Ending: 5 (Same with Synthesis)

But all in all I give the EC about a 10/10.
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 pm

It was decent. Improved the endings, but there are still some huge flaws there. Nice gesture from Bioware all the same.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoleMan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 am

Well, I've played through all three, and I have to say I've wasted my time. There were some good characters, but overall the plot was bland, formulaic, and dumb as hell. The only good moment in the entire 3rd game was the raid on Tuchanka, (though I barely had any of my guys left over from Mass Effect 2) I blew a good 90 hours of my life that I'll never get back, but I'm glad I had the expeirance. Can't have good without bad, no?

Oh, and the ending...I think I'll take that video's advice, and just pretend it had Garrus and Shepard drinking Mojitos on a beach with a bunch of dead Reapers in the background. Kind of like what Gears 3 wanted to do, but cool.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.
SoleMan
Interpol Agent

Postby Bret » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

SoleMan wrote:Well, I've played through all three, and I have to say I've wasted my time. There were some good characters, but overall the plot was bland, formulaic, and dumb as hell. The only good moment in the entire 3rd game was the raid on Tuchanka, (though I barely had any of my guys left over from Mass Effect 2) I blew a good 90 hours of my life that I'll never get back, but I'm glad I had the expeirance. Can't have good without bad, no?

Oh, and the ending...I think I'll take that video's advice, and just pretend it had Garrus and Shepard drinking Mojitos on a beach with a bunch of dead Reapers in the background. Kind of like what Gears 3 wanted to do, but cool.

If you didn't like the first why did you buy 2 and 3?
Bret
G-Grasper

Postby YawnMasta » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I couldn't help but laugh at the Synthesis ending.

"OOOHH let's give every1 glowing green eyes and call them synthetics!11!!!1"
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less
YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Postby SoleMan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:05 am

Bret wrote:
SoleMan wrote:Well, I've played through all three, and I have to say I've wasted my time. There were some good characters, but overall the plot was bland, formulaic, and dumb as hell. The only good moment in the entire 3rd game was the raid on Tuchanka, (though I barely had any of my guys left over from Mass Effect 2) I blew a good 90 hours of my life that I'll never get back, but I'm glad I had the expeirance. Can't have good without bad, no?

If you didn't like the first why did you buy 2 and 3?

Well, I thought it was going to get better, which it did, I mean ME 2 is a pretty good game, but that was it. I liked the reveals of certain Characters (Garrus comes to mind) and how the whole thing was put together. I liked the Illusive Man, and cheered when I found out he was played by Martin Sheen (I speculated before hand, but thought it was a good impersonation) I was even thrilled at the ending, and re-did it just to ensure certain characters would live. Overally, a good game.

Mass Effect 3 was the same shit as the first, only with a non-ending and a few good moments. (Garrus Vakarian's favorite place on the citidel) but it was crummy, and I almost feel like a worse person having played through all three parts.

Upon further review, however, I'm willing to accept the extended ending. I did want Shepard to die, and I think this provides enough closure to the story.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.
SoleMan
Interpol Agent

Postby Girlgan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Lmfao goodness gracious there is so much negativity in here.

Aside from that, do any of ya'll play multiplayer? I was just wondering since the new Earth DLC will be released technically today and all that. I've seen some gameplay footage from Comic Con of the new Sentinel and Infiltrator characters, I'm really liking the Shadow Strike on the Infiltrator. I also believe the new Platinum difficulty has all three factions spawning at once?

I also got my first taste of Gold this weekend for that challenge. Naturally I was intimidated by it at first, but after a few games I wanted nothing but to pull my hair out haha. Reapers are my favorite faction to fight against though, so that helped I guess.

Also has anyone heard about the Leviathan DLC y/n?
Girlgan
Yin-Yang Master

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Hub