Your Favorite Video Game Boss

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Monster X
Interpol Agent

Your Favorite Video Game Boss

Postby Monster X » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:18 am

Title says it all, whats your faviort video game boss/bosses?

For me the number one hasn't changed since I was a child. Tyrannosaurus Rex!

I've battled the tyrant lizard king in video games since I was a child and I've always gotten a total thrill out of it. I''ve taken on mob bosses, monsters warriors, god and cosmic horrors but none of them have ever compared to the fun I've had facing a T. Rex!

Theses are some of the games I've faced this boss on.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter
Turok Evolution
Turok (360)
Multiple Jurassic Park Games
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dino Stalker
Dinosaur Hunter
Oakwood
Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter
Jurassic The Hunterd
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Primal Carnage
Ark Survival Evolved
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDG-00X Devil Gundam

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Your Faviort Video Game Boss

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:21 am

Um..shouldn't this go in the video game hub?

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Re: Your Faviort Video Game Boss

Postby Monster X » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:41 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:Um..shouldn't this go in the video game hub?

Indeed, slight error on my part.

JDG-00X Devil Gundam

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Re: Your Favorite Video Game Boss

Postby Dino-Mario » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Ridley from the Metroid saga is my most favorite game villain and boss. He's got an awesome theme and the fights against him are climatic and engaging. All of the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus are pretty rad as well.
Image Image

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Postby Red-Death Gigan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:28 am

Monster X wrote:Title says it all, whats your faviort video game boss/bosses?

For me the number one hasn't changed since I was a child. Tyrannosaurus Rex!

I've battled the tyrant lizard king in video games since I was a child and I've always gotten a total thrill out of it. I''ve taken on mob bosses, monsters warriors, god and cosmic horrors but none of them have ever compared to the fun I've had facing a T. Rex!

Theses are some of the games I've faced this boss on.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter
Turok Evolution
Turok (360)
Multiple Jurassic Park Games
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dino Stalker
Dinosaur Hunter
Oakwood
Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter
Jurassic The Hunterd
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Primal Carnage
Ark Survival Evolved

Great list. Never thought about it before, but I concur!
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 am

King Dedede is best girl. So is Gruntilda. And Conductor from A Hat in Time. Also Wheatley. Character >>> Fight
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Well, there's a lot of different bosses that I could list, but I'll stick with my top 5:

5. Cerebulon (War of the Monsters). Massive, imposing, and a fitting end to the game. Cerebulon requires proper knowledge of the game's mechanics and how to effectively hide yourself behind cover if you want any chance of surviving. He hits harder than anything you've faced, he can ignore your defense and rip your health apart, and he has three distinct and memorable phases. Plus, his music is just GOOD.

4. Wiggler (Super Mario Sunshine). This is not a hard fight, nor is it exactly mind scratching, but it's just plain FUN. Spraying the plants as the giant bug stampedes around, and forcing sand castles to make him careen off course and expose his weak spot is entertaining, and the music speeding up each time you land a successful hit on him just makes the whole fight all the more frantic and memorable.

3. Ninetales (Okami). Sure, the revelation right before you fight her (him? No matter where you look, this fox's gender is different and it confuses me) that there's an extra big bad to deal with kinda dampens things, but Ninetales has such an involved and symbolic fight that I can kinda overlook it. It's not everyday your opponent can cancel out your special powers and attacks with their own, and even when knocked down to the final phase, she's super fast and unrelenting, barely giving you a moment to breath. Plus, Ninetales is just a vicious manipulative asshole who gets what's coming to her for all the poop she's put you through for the second third of the game.

2. Alatreon (Monster Hunter Tri). The final boss, now long lost to the sea of time due to Tri's online servers closing years ago, Alatreon still leaves a legacy of fear and terror that few boss fights can replicate for me. Ice, Fire, Dragon, and Electricity are all used by this elementally unstable beast, and it refuses to relent in its assault. Even in its somewhat nerfed 3U and Gen U variants, it WILL test your skill and equipment like few other fights in the series can, and with the imposing theme Ultimate Judgement accompanying it, fighting Alatreon is an experience in and of itself. Unlike similar final bosses (coughFatalisandGogmazios), Alatreon is a brutally hard FAIR challenge that doesn't throw insta-kill moves your way, and feels genuinely rewarding when it finally goes down.

1. Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime). The penultimate boss of MP is the perfect rematch against two rivals that has been built up since the start of the game. To save the planet, you have to get past this angry space dragon who wants nothing more than to make you suffer for the humiliation done to him in Zero Mission. This two phase battle, accompanied by the lovely remix of Ridley's theme from Super Metroid, is bombastic and flawless, especially once RIdley is forced from the sky and reveals for the first time in the series he absolutely CAN kick your ass while on the ground.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm

I'll list a few of mine. They're all from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Scylla: It's a giant octopus/dog monster with a naked lady on top of it. (what's nott to like)

Legion: A hellish, tentacled creature encased in a gigantic ball of screaming corpse that fall off of it and attack you. In order to get ot the creature, you have to chip away at it's shell piece by piece, all the while avoiding the shambling corpse it drops, and even when you manage to break the shell of bodies and expose the nightmarish thing underneath, there's a nasty surprise waiting for you in the form of a devastating laser that it fires form one of it's tentacles. All and all, a very cool boss imo.

Beelzebub: I don't know what it is about this boss that I like so much. Maybe I just like the whole "Lord of the Flies" title he's got. A title that he takes quite literally.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Return to “Video Game Hub”