Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:47 am

A few days ago, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun was released. I got the game at Sam's Club simply because I wanted to try something new.

It made me a lifelong Command & Conquer fan and I even have most of the games. This still remains one of my favorite games of all time.

Image

User avatar
Ultraman02
Samurai
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:58 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 am

My dad loved this game so much.
I played through the entire game with him, it was a fun time :D.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !


" シュワッチ!"

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 am

Ultraman02 wrote:My dad loved this game so much.
I played through the entire game with him, it was a fun time :D.


It really is fun, even after so many years. And the AI is BRUTAL. The GDI Hammerfest mission is hard, even more so when you reclaim the GDI base and have to destroy/capture the NOD base, which is VERY well protected.

The GDI ending where Commander McNeil impales Kane is awesome.

Kane: The Tiberian Sun has risen..!

McNeil: NOT IN MY WORLD!!! *Impales Kane with impromptu spear*

And that's an order.

User avatar
Ultraman02
Samurai
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:58 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:10 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:My dad loved this game so much.
I played through the entire game with him, it was a fun time :D.


It really is fun, even after so many years. And the AI is BRUTAL. The GDI Hammerfest mission is hard, even more so when you reclaim the GDI base and have to destroy/capture the NOD base, which is VERY well protected.

The GDI ending where Commander McNeil impales Kane is awesome.

Kane: The Tiberian Sun has risen..!

McNeil: NOT IN MY WORLD!!! *Impales Kane with impromptu spear*

And that's an order.

Can you jog my memory a bit?
What was Kanes whole deal?
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !


" シュワッチ!"

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:09 am

Ultraman02 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:My dad loved this game so much.
I played through the entire game with him, it was a fun time :D.


It really is fun, even after so many years. And the AI is BRUTAL. The GDI Hammerfest mission is hard, even more so when you reclaim the GDI base and have to destroy/capture the NOD base, which is VERY well protected.

The GDI ending where Commander McNeil impales Kane is awesome.

Kane: The Tiberian Sun has risen..!

McNeil: NOT IN MY WORLD!!! *Impales Kane with impromptu spear*

And that's an order.

Can you jog my memory a bit?
What was Kanes whole deal?


Kane believed that Tiberium was the future of mankind and wanted a new world where man and Tiberium lived in some weird utopia. The problem was that by the time that Tiberian Sun takes place, it was more of a plague then anything else.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5543
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Does EA own the right to this franchise nowadays since Westwood studios bit the dust a long time ago?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5826
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:23 am

LegendZilla wrote:Does EA own the right to this franchise nowadays since Westwood studios bit the dust a long time ago?

Unfortunately yes.

See also, the travesty that is Command and Conquer: Rivals
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5543
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does EA own the right to this franchise nowadays since Westwood studios bit the dust a long time ago?

Unfortunately yes.

See also, the travesty that is Command and Conquer: Rivals


Should someone buy out EA to set things straight?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:07 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does EA own the right to this franchise nowadays since Westwood studios bit the dust a long time ago?

Unfortunately yes.

See also, the travesty that is Command and Conquer: Rivals


To be fair, it wasn't always that way. Before EA became greedy, they actually made some pretty good Command & Conquer games.

Generals is the best hands down.

C&C 3: Tiberian Wars is a both faithful to the original canon while being a pretty good game at the same time.

Red Alert 3 I consider to be a fun game that really expands your options. The empihsis on naval wars is a great bonus. To be fair, while I do like this game, I can see why others consider this to be where the warning signs became clear.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10204
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:41 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does EA own the right to this franchise nowadays since Westwood studios bit the dust a long time ago?

Unfortunately yes.

See also, the travesty that is Command and Conquer: Rivals


To be fair, it wasn't always that way. Before EA became greedy, they actually made some pretty good Command & Conquer games.

Generals is the best hands down.

C&C 3: Tiberian Wars is a both faithful to the original canon while being a pretty good game at the same time.

Red Alert 3 I consider to be a fun game that really expands your options. The empihsis on naval wars is a great bonus. To be fair, while I do like this game, I can see why others consider this to be where the warning signs became clear.


EA also had some pretty good 007 James Bond games back in the early 2000s.
Image

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:11 am

Living Corpse wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Unfortunately yes.

See also, the travesty that is Command and Conquer: Rivals


To be fair, it wasn't always that way. Before EA became greedy, they actually made some pretty good Command & Conquer games.

Generals is the best hands down.

C&C 3: Tiberian Wars is a both faithful to the original canon while being a pretty good game at the same time.

Red Alert 3 I consider to be a fun game that really expands your options. The empihsis on naval wars is a great bonus. To be fair, while I do like this game, I can see why others consider this to be where the warning signs became clear.


EA also had some pretty good 007 James Bond games back in the early 2000s.


It really is a shame that such a solid company went Gordon Gekko and became what they are now.


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest