new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Gigantis »

^Looks nice man!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

This link was shared from a dev from Passion Republic Games on Twitter: https://mailchi.mp/44637b2d28f4/welcome-to-gigabash

This page describes newsletter benefits! Which are basically:
Events (previews, updates, throwbacks)
Content (previews, insider stories)
Exclusives (perks, not described)

With the new trailer, new key-art, and new page for the newsletter, maybe the Discord server will launch relatively soon?

Would be awesome.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
spottedming wrote:Dunno if any of you guys have seen this yet, theres a new kaiju type arena game comin out called Giga Bash, which is being developed in Malaysia. It does seem promising and the character designs remind me of ultra kaiju.

What do you guys think of this? Think its going to be another dud like Kaiju Combat?

Heres the devs twitter https://twitter.com/Tweet_PRG

and heres the company founders twitter that has more footage of the game so far https://twitter.com/NgAikSern

In my opinion it does seem to early to speculate how the game is going to be, but i guess we will all see
What they show off looks fine, but note most of those designs are clear Ultra-Kaiju knock-offs that are way too close.

Look towards the middle of the bottom row, #13 they just took Seagoras`s head and put it on some other body parts.
Far bottom left #11, is Alien Icarus`s head, 7 is just woo, the arms on 8 are gyerons etc....

If this has any chance to succeed that poop needs to stop ASAP.
Knock off? 7 is literally Guigass.
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Guigass
Also the main kaiju from last pages in the tribute is just...faceless Alien Hipporito.
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_Hipporito

I ain't saying this is a bad thing, hell, any kaiju that's a saurian with dorsal plates is some form of Godzilla now. But the game looks promising. And it isn't bloated with concept art of kaiju so far from what I see.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’ve changed my mind as actual gameplay has been shown off and the game great. Originally I was worried this would just be a knockoff, with concept art, intended to take people’s money^^
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Y'all...I got a theory

-TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT-

I believe there will be a Switch port of this game. Sure they have said they wish to port to as many platforms as possible, and have said they have more platforms to announce, but furthermore:

Here's an image as part of their press-kit. When compared to any gameplay or most other footage of the Hawaii stage, this screenshot lacks many of the shadows on objects that can be seen in gameplay (beach bench shadows, mini structure shadows, etc)

This could easily just be a different, earlier build of the game or something of that nature, but Imo could also be a visually downgraded Switch port (which would look very good for the switch, imo)

Just my theory

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Y'all...I got a theory

-TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT-

I believe there will be a Switch port of this game. Sure they have said they wish to port to as many platforms as possible, and have said they have more platforms to announce, but furthermore:

Here's an image as part of their press-kit. When compared to any gameplay or most other footage of the Hawaii stage, this screenshot lacks many of the shadows on objects that can be seen in gameplay (beach bench shadows, mini structure shadows, etc)

This could easily just be a different, earlier build of the game or something of that nature, but Imo could also be a visually downgraded Switch port (which would look very good for the switch, imo)

Just my theory
That is plausible, honestly.

Added in 22 hours 19 minutes 12 seconds:
Since PRG has taken suggestions from fans before, I think these tweets are of noting.
https://twitter.com/TinyMold/status/1287416012179214340
https://twitter.com/Majora__Z/status/12 ... 8650162177

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

True! I'd bet they're already developing a "single-player" mode, though I assume it'll have co-op but, "adventure mode" or whatever you'd wanna refer to it as haha

Really awesome for MajoraZ to offer references, I love the idea of a Mesoamerican influenced kaiju and it'd definitely be an interesting and unique kaiju design if done right! :)

Was very happy to see the positive reception of that tweet. It spread pretty nicely and people are excited!

EDIT:

Y'all...read this tweet closely!
https://twitter.com/ngaiksern/status/12 ... 10338?s=21
"Upcoming characters reveal"

Omg...could we get a character reveal in the first newsletter release maybe?

That'd be amazing, I'm dyin' for news to feed off of and analyze.

EDIT 2:
https://twitter.com/tweet_prg/status/12 ... 83176?s=21
Another sneak peak at the first newsletter issue

Not sure when it'll release tho
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Time for more detective work. Aside from the bulky creature above Pipi, I noticed something under the ref-sheet for Wooley. The camera's very far away from the wall so it's impossible to see any detail but what I do see is a green humanoid with white hands and a white stomach. I'm thinking that's Giga Man concept art considering the whiteboard sketch of him has a diamond-shaped patch on his torso that seems to match this thing's coloration.

Behind the guy next to Sern, I can see what could be an unused character-select screen. To the right of that is some Tarabak concept art. Going up and to the right, there's a manga-styled picture of Thundatross and what appears to be its pilot. To the right of that, there's some concept art including what appears to be a massive explosion at night and the early Gorogong vs Pipijuras concept art found on this thread's first page. Finally, there's a GigaBash poster next to the guy with the green shirt that seems to show a new monster next to Thundatross.

Added in 1 hour 37 minutes 40 seconds:
I see the eyes of Snail between Woolley and Gorogong.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Image
Time for more detective work. Aside from the bulky creature above Pipi, I noticed something under the ref-sheet for Wooley. The camera's very far away from the wall so it's impossible to see any detail but what I do see is a green humanoid with white hands and a white stomach. I'm thinking that's Giga Man concept art considering the whiteboard sketch of him has a diamond-shaped patch on his torso that seems to match this thing's coloration.

Behind the guy next to Sern, I can see what could be an unused character-select screen. To the right of that is some Tarabak concept art. Going up and to the right, there's a manga-styled picture of Thundatross and what appears to be its pilot. To the right of that, there's some concept art including what appears to be a massive explosion at night and the early Gorogong vs Pipijuras concept art found on this thread's first page. Finally, there's a GigaBash poster next to the guy with the green shirt that seems to show a new monster next to Thundatross.

Added in 1 hour 37 minutes 40 seconds:
I see the eyes of Snail between Woolley and Gorogong.
Good detective work! I appreciate you keeping this talk lively :) I been moving and obvi the news is a bit slow rn.

I can't believe I didn't notice those snail eyes omg!!! They were right in front of me lol!

New tweet from Sern w/ image!
https://twitter.com/ngaiksern/status/12 ... 32864?s=21
Just wanna say if the art next to the quote is based on a monster in the game... I would be SO maining that kaiju cuz I love them haha

Not getting hopes up, but that's basically one of my ideal kaiju designs.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Just wanna say if the art next to the quote is based on a monster in the game... I would be SO maining that kaiju cuz I love them haha
Are you referring to the Notzilla or the art next to that?

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

The notzilla. I mean obvi a godzilla knockoff so i guess they should make them unique, i just love that design lmao
Last edited by EnerG on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Looks like the civilians in Tarabak will wear cloaks kinda like monks.
https://twitter.com/NgAikSern/status/12 ... 9806275584
I couldn't post the gif directly for whatever reason

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Devlog tab on the website is gone entirely now lol

EDIT:
GigaBash at Gamescom 27th-30th this month!! Also demo with Indie Arena Booth Online if you have a good PC. I'll somehow try to get access to a good PC, I need this demo lol
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^Here's the announcement image for those who want to see.
Also, is it just me or does Gorogong have a slight redesign here?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I noticed that too about Gorogong. I wonder if its an alternate skin on display

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:^Here's the announcement image for those who want to see.
Also, is it just me or does Gorogong have a slight redesign here?
Oh...maybe O:

EDIT: Also, the tweet teases a reveal of a new kaiju!!

All this said, I think we're finally gonna see a new build of the game y'all, fingers crossed!
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I wonder if it'll be a giant snail

That would be pretty funny

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

ROMG4 wrote:I wonder if it'll be a giant snail

Is this a reference to the Snailian or did you only guess?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:I wonder if it'll be a giant snail

Is this a reference to the Snailian or did you only guess?

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Y'all got no clue how hyped I am.

Character reveal, hopefully gameplay of the character? Maybe a new build of the game? Maybe a demo OF that new build? All possibilities but obviously just playing an old demo would still have me hyped as hell.

I'm overwhelmed, 27th gonna be GigaBash Christmas lmao. Considering they said "It" is coming, I think it'll be a creature type of kaiju and maybe not Gigaman. Could be wrong.

The "we are coming" text on the promo image resembles a gooey snail trail to me, so I'm predicting we might see actual gameplay of the Snailian :)