Paranoid

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Paranoid

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Madmind Studios is at it again with a new Horror game titled Paranoid.

"About Paranoid:

The game tells the story of Patrick Calman, a 31-year-old man who has lost his entire family under mysterious circumstances. His parents died violently and his sister went suddenly missing. Trauma associated with the loss of his loved ones destroyed Patrick's psyche. His own apartment became his prison.
One day Patrick gets a call and the voice on the phone seems to belong to his sister. Thirteen years after the disappearance, she announces her comeback. To learn the truth about everything Patrick will have to leave his life of seclusion, exposing himself to horrible experiences that will put him on the verge of madness."

WARNING: Simulated nudity in the concept trailer. I'm including it cause it gives a good look at one of the enemies it's a pretty bizarre design.

I'm liking the visual style, someone was clearly a fan of the fourth Silent Hill game.

If you're thinking the name of the developer sounds familiar, it's the same crew who made Agony. Now before you panic, I just wanna make things clear. They released an Unrated version of Agony called Agony Unrated, and it fixed a lot of the issues the vanilla version had and even got rid of the censorship since Steam now allows AO games which I consider it a victory in games being an medium of art, and ironically all that shock factor was actually pivotal to the story and not just shock, as many who hated the original version actually like the unrated versions and recommend it while they didn't the original.

Also they gave the unrated version free to those who already bought the vanilla version, really the fault falls on the game systems such as X-Box and Playstation forcing them to censor their work, which meant more money being wasted on that instead of gameplay. Now that Steam is allowing it, I don't feel they will be held back or censored for this one, I'm cautious but optimistic about this game.

Return to “Video Game Hub”