Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Postby 2004Zilla » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Anyone else interested in this? After seeing some actual gameplay, this is shaping up to be my dream COD game and I'm down with everything I'm seeing.

Really impressed with the gun selection so far. We're getting a good balance of modern, cutting-edge weapons like the Sig MCX and the HK433, series classics like the MP5 and Desert Eagle, and some WW2 weapons if the MG 34 is anything to go by. Show me a G36 and HK416 and I'll be one happy camper. I'm skreeonking hyped.

Also, the quad night vision goggles look so skreeonking sick.
Last edited by 2004Zilla on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:35 pm

The trailers had me absolutely hyped! I enjoyed MW2-MW3, BO1-BO3, I even thoroughly enjoyed Ghosts (such a sick campaign), but then they fell off my radar with that generic trash for 3 games straight.

The trailers brought me back, and I felt like we'd get a completely rebooted game engine, from gameplay it looks kinda the same as it has been, but I've heard it's a new engine, so we'll see.
Sith Apprentice.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:16 am

Hyped as hell for this.

My only gripe so far is the naming of the weapons so far. The Sig P320 is named the "M19". The Remington 870 is called the "Model 680". The MCX is referred to as the "M13". Absolutely not a dealbreaker, but very odd considering how the series mostly got their names correct.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:39 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Hyped as hell for this.

My only gripe so far is the naming of the weapons so far. The Sig P320 is named the "M19". The Remington 870 is called the "Model 680". The MCX is referred to as the "M13". Absolutely not a dealbreaker, but very odd considering how the series mostly got their names correct.

Number of potential reasons for this; “older” CoD games like MW3 included actual product placement for companies like Remington and EOTech (going so far as to incorporate oversized Remington logos on the company’s in-game weapons) but as of late videogamed have been shying away from being seen as “promoting” firearms (IIRC there were similar issues with Battlefield 4). That said that really doesn’t excuse some details (the P320 being named M19 instead of the proper M17/M18)

That aside I am pretty hyped for this, especially since the campaign actually sounds like it’s trying to be semi-plausible so far (with prominent set pieces seemingly modelled on the Syrian civil war and the 2015-17 wave of terrorist attacks in Europe, among other things). I do worry a tad about the depiction of the “freedom fighters” as described in some of the promotional materials so far, but overall this is looking pretty good so far
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Anguirus
G-Grasper

Postby Anguirus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:36 am

My beloved MG5 is called M91 in this, ugh. Get the names right. Outside of that, I can not wait for this game! I am a huge COD fan, and the original Modern Warfare is one of my favorite games of all time.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Hnnnnngh they have the double barrel shotgun from Black Ops 1!!!! It wasn't that great in some situations but damn was it fun to use. I felt like a big game hunter running around with it haha. It's gonna be a tough pick between it and the SPAS-12 if it's also in the game. All it needs now is the Bushmaster version of the ACR, the ACE series Galils, the 93R and the M60 and I'll be happy in terms of weapons.

Here's hoping it can return CoD to the MW1, 2, and 3 glory days.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:02 am

Multiplayer trailer!!

Looks sick as hell. Love how matches start dynamically with helicopter/convoy insertions rather than just staring at a loading screen. Also, looks like the weapons fire projectiles (ala Battlefield) instead of hitscan bullets. From what I've read, they're going to follow their real-life ballistic properties (a .45 will be slower than a 9mm, etc).

Gunsmith customization looks dope as skreeonk.

However, weapon naming is still super weird. Why is FAMAS called the "FR .556"? Why is the ShAK-12 called the "ODEN"? And why is the Mark 18 called the M4A1? Even when you attach an extended barrel, it just turns into an M16A4. Just feels weird, especially after their talks of striving for more boots-on-the-ground authenticity.

Whatever, still hyped as hell for this.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

#Pro-Choice

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:08 am

That was clean.
Sith Apprentice.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 pm

One of the relatively smallest updates but a big plus for me is that we're finally getting Russian optics as attachments!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:And why is the Mark 18 called the M4A1? Even when you attach an extended barrel, it just turns into an M16A4. Just feels weird, especially after their talks of striving for more boots-on-the-ground authenticity.

This really bugs the crap out of me because I was really hoping for a Block II style M4. They have stated on Twitter that you can convert the AK-47 into things like the AKS-74u so hopefully what we were shown isn't the full list of attachments.

They actually changed the FR .556 to the FR 5.56, so now it at least makes a little more sense.
Last edited by 2004Zilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:53 am

Love that they're going back to their Modern Warfare roots and it looks promising as hell, especially considering the fact that IW hired a bunch of their old staff back.

But I dunno, I can't get it out of my head that Acti will probably sneak some shady/grindy monetization bullshit into the game like they always do.

After all, they snuck loot boxes into BO4 after the game had already been out and after everyone had already bought and reviewed the game so it wouldn't hurt their bottom line on top of all their other awful microtransactions already in the game. They also snuck microtransactions into Crash Team Racing: Nitro Refueled post-launch after promising they wouldn't.

Never trust Activi$ion, kids. Just don't.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:58 am

I've heard talk that Modern Warfare might be a killing blow to Battlefield V unless DICE gets their poop together.CoD is shiftibg towards large-scale battles and realistic gun physics where as Battlefield is going in the opposite direction. I never thought I'd see the day where CoD slaps the poop out of Battlefield at it's own game.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:11 am

I sincerely hope this gives Battlefield the wake up call the series desperately needs after BFV. We got Battlefield 3 (IMO, the best Battlefield) because of it directly competing with Modern Warfare 3, so a little competition never hurts.

I will say, as someone who's been with the COD series since MW2, it's a little satisfying to see the series win back the crowd and pretty much give a giant middle finger to DICE after all the poop that went down with BFV.

Saansilt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Saansilt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 pm

I’m waiting for inevitable update after release that adds in the lootboxes. For campaign playing a a Syrian is a neat angle though I’m not expecting her to survive.
Last edited by Saansilt on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.

Chris55 wrote:Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?

My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:38 am

What are your thoughts on Killstreaks returning? I personally think they're good for TDM, but in objective-based games like Domination it really hurts the gameplay. It makes players prioritize kills over capturing objectives since there's no incentive to do so if you want killstreaks and thus few people are going to PTFO.

That being said, Juggernaut, Predator Missile and the tank are gonna be my set-up. God, I remember in the MW2 glory days where the red circle of doom appeared on your mini-map and everyone on your team would scatter like cockroaches to not get got by the Pred Missile.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 am

I'll miss Scorestreaks. They made a lot more sense on game modes that weren't TDM.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

#Pro-Choice

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 pm

MW3 had the best system where you earned 1 point for a kill and 1 point for a successful objective play, so I would like to see them implement that again.

Saansilt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Saansilt » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:23 pm

It’ll hurt domination. That is my favorite mode. I wish there were bigger maps with more points. Like old Battlefront.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.

Chris55 wrote:Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?

My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 am

Saansilt wrote:It’ll hurt domination. That is my favorite mode. I wish there were bigger maps with more points. Like old Battlefront.

Well there's a 20v20 mode coming out, so I imagine there will be more than just 3 objectives to capture. However most of those 20 players are going to be trying to get those potentially game-changing killstreaks than sitting on an objective. There's only so many kills you can get from camping one flag.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Breakdown wrote:What are your thoughts on Killstreaks returning? I personally think they're good for TDM, but in objective-based games like Domination it really hurts the gameplay. It makes players prioritize kills over capturing objectives since there's no incentive to do so if you want killstreaks and thus few people are going to PTFO.

That being said, Juggernaut, Predator Missile and the tank are gonna be my set-up. God, I remember in the MW2 glory days where the red circle of doom appeared on your mini-map and everyone on your team would scatter like cockroaches to not get got by the Pred Missile.

I never liked Domination TBH or any of the objective-based modes for that matter, they're literally camper modes by design.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Just wanted to say I am maining the skreeonk out of Krueger when the game drops. This is a goddamn sick design.

Return to “Video Game Hub”