E3 2019

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: E3 2019

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:53 am

I think the fact that

Spoiler:
the ONLY Monsterverse kaiju there is Behemoth, and not the M.U.T.Os, the Skullcrawlers, Scylla, Metsulath, or literally anyone else

but a bunch of obscure Toho monsters like Battra, Kumonga and even Zilla are

is a bit too fanservicey, so as much as I'd like it, it's probably fake

Then again, I thought the same thing about the Clarie's Sanctuary DLC leaked for Jurassic World: Evolution, and that just turned out true.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:47 am

Looking forward to more MHW: Iceborne and Doom Eternal news, that’s about it. Maybe there will be something else that grabs my attention, but those are really the only two things i’m focused on going into it.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:13 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Looking forward to more MHW: Iceborne and Doom Eternal news, that’s about it. Maybe there will be something else that grabs my attention, but those are really the only two things i’m focused on going into it.

Hoping to see new gameplay footage of
Spoiler:
Glavenus along with hopefully the rest of the fated four.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm

It is kind of odd we haven't had a game to cash in on the Monsterverse while they can, cause depending on how Godzilla vs Kong does, it might not last much longer.

Kerwell
Ronin

Postby Kerwell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:59 am

Hopefully we get to see Animal Crossing at E3.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox microsoft starts in a bout an hour

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:14 am

Don't know if y'all know but Shigeru Miyamoto is going to be at Microsoft's E3 conference.

https://twitter.com/JVCom/status/113778 ... 4513751040

Added in 24 minutes 11 seconds:
Also.

https://gamerant.com/banjo-kazooie-e3-2019/

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Miyamoto wasn't at the E3 conference nor was there a Banjo game. MS's conference was kinda meh to be honest I don't know if I over hyped myself or what but this has defiantly been their most disappointing conference in awhile.

Hopefully Nintendo gives us something good.
optimum in mundi

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:17 pm

It honestly seems like everyone is just in a limbo right now as far as showing stuff goes. Developers are waiting until next year to show off their games on next gen hardware, MS and Sony will most likely pull out the big guns and blow everyone’s faces off next E3. It’s telling that a good amount of studios just didn’t show up or show anything this year, as they’re just waiting for this generational transition to finish.

Halo Infinite had me on the verge of tears though. Such a compelling and emotionally charged trailer.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:35 pm

That's the thing though we never had this issue with transitional (year before new hardware) years before with a lackluster E3 showing. Studios still could have shown off Next Gen stuff its not like games are going to look significantly better between now and next year or even two years from now.

I think my biggest problem is that I'm more excited for Nintendo's showing this year than I was MS's. Normally I'm an MS guy but with Animal Crossing, new Zelda titles and a potential Metroid Prime trilogy coming to the Switch I'm more excited for that.

The only thing from MS I'm excited about is Gears 5 which I'll get for free because of Gamepass.
optimum in mundi

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm

It was an underwhelming show that started off really damn strong, but fell pretty flat in the middle and only picked back up at the end with Halo. I feel like Sony not being there may have also affected MS's decision to hold back so many things. Last year and 2017 were definitely a lot stronger for Microsoft.

#BotM

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:16 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda time for tods sweet little lies

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Since both PS5 and Xbox Next will be BC with previous games I'm wondering if current gen games will get next gen patches to further enhance them? For example Battlefield V and Shadow of the Tomb Raider getting a patch that adds ray tracing to them since their PC ports have that.
optimum in mundi

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 pm

gvamp wrote:That's the thing though we never had this issue with transitional (year before new hardware) years before with a lackluster E3 showing. Studios still could have shown off Next Gen stuff its not like games are going to look significantly better between now and next year or even two years from now.

I think my biggest problem is that I'm more excited for Nintendo's showing this year than I was MS's. Normally I'm an MS guy but with Animal Crossing, new Zelda titles and a potential Metroid Prime trilogy coming to the Switch I'm more excited for that.

The only thing from MS I'm excited about is Gears 5 which I'll get for free because of Gamepass.

Maybe back in the previous generations, but I felt even the previous E3 that was between gens was lackluster and when Sony announced they wouldn't be showing up this year, I knew exactly what to expect. Frankly, I don't even know why E3 still exists at this point. It's obsolete as game companies show off the goods all year round nowadays.

With that said, did Microsoft actually show off anything worthwhile that is multiplatform (at this point, I see no reason to even buy an X1 even if they were to announce a single exclusive title I'd want to play).

At this point, if I can at least get something in regardes to Metroid Prime 4 or a remake of RE3, I'll be happy. Hell, if Capcom announces ONimusha 2 remastered I'll be happy. That's how low my expectations are for this year's E3.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
gvamp wrote:That's the thing though we never had this issue with transitional (year before new hardware) years before with a lackluster E3 showing. Studios still could have shown off Next Gen stuff its not like games are going to look significantly better between now and next year or even two years from now.

Maybe back in the previous generations, but I felt even the previous E3 that was between gens was lackluster and when Sony announced they wouldn't be showing up this year, I knew exactly what to expect. Frankly, I don't even know why E3 still exists at this point. It's obsolete as game companies show off the goods all year round nowadays.

With that said, did Microsoft actually show off anything worthwhile that is multiplatform (at this point, I see no reason to even buy an X1 even if they were to announce a single exclusive title I'd want to play).

At this point, if I can at least get something in regardes to Metroid Prime 4 or a remake of RE3, I'll be happy. Hell, if Capcom announces ONimusha 2 remastered I'll be happy. That's how low my expectations are for this year's E3.

Yeah it`s an outdated format. I stopped really paying attention to E3 in general. Nintendo knew that the format was outdated. Their Nintendo Directs have been a better approach and honestly while I look foward to the Directs I think the whole tradeshow is pointless. Especially since Bethdesa pretty much destroyed their image in my eyes.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Ummm did Rainbow Six just turn into a zombie co op shooter ala Metal Gear Survive style.

I'm severely disappointed in the path Tom Clancy games are taking. It's pretty telling that Call of Duty 2019 looks more like a Tom Clancy game than any of the actual Tom Clancy games we're getting.

In short, Ubi, you better be working on a new Splinter Cell game cause these games are looking kinda oof.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm

2004Zilla wrote:In short, Ubi, you better be working on a new Splinter Cell game cause these games are looking kinda oof.

Considering how Blacklist was already mediocre, and Ubi is turning every Tom Clancy title into a homogenized open-world collectathon...I'd rather they let Splinter Cell stay dead.

For all I care, the series ended with Double Agent.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm

That Halo Infinite trailer was gorgeous, skreeonk it's so nice to see the old art style back.

The Gears 5 trailer.....was.....eh?
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:18 pm

No MP4 this year. Nintendo has confirmed that they'll be focusing on games coming out this year. If we do get something Metroid related it'll be the announcement of the long rumored Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch.

That Avengers game looks pretty sweet. I'm wondering if its using the same engine as PS4's Spider-man because the trailer had similar graphics to that.

Early 2020 is going to be stacked. Its like the publishers are giving the Xbox One and PS4 one last hurrah before the new systems hit at the end of 2020.
optimum in mundi

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Well this year was pretty much as expected. Nothing, nothing at all was shown that I care about.

I wish Square would stop advertising FFVII remake as coming out in March since it's only a portion of the game.

What a joke the next Watch_Dogs is. They might as well have just made it a generic online game since having random people you play as means there is no way to have an actual story with character development. I waited all of this time and THAT is what they give me. Not to mention the trailer was trying way too hard by throwing in F bombs every third word. Did my Puerto Rican drug dealing neighbor from Buffalo write the script of the trailer for them?

No Legacy of Kain, no Onimusha, no Resident Evil 3 REMAKE, and the only new IP Square showed off is just a Gears of War clone. JOY!

What should I expect from Nintendo tomorrow? 45 minutes of Smash Bros DLC and 5 minutes talking about other game I don't give a poop about? Or will they actually talk SOMETHING about Metroid Prime 4?

Return to “Video Game Hub”