Predator: Hunting Grounds

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Postby 2004Zilla » Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm

We getting a new Predator game bois!

skreeonking loving the modern military aesthetics of this game so far (that first operative with the quad NVG's is pure sex appeal). I'm really hoping they don't add in a bunch of stupid poop like emotes and they stick to the realistic visual style of the teaser. Can't wait to see the cosmetic stuff for the operatives and the predator.

Overall I'm pumped for this game.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 pm

I haven't watched the trailer yet but Predator is like Top 5 on my list of Sci Fi/Horror killers so I can't wait to watch this.

I even kinda enjoyed The Predator (until Fugitive got his ish rocked), I'm still waiting on a Predators sequel and a Concrete Jungle remake

EDIT: Pleaaaaaase tell me this isn't console exclusive.. I'm an Xbox One kinda guy :(
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Apprentice.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu May 09, 2019 4:42 pm

First Friday the 13th now Predator. What's next? Nightmare on Elm Street?

That'd be fun too! Imagine playing as Freddy going across town to kill folks in their nightmares or trying to survive him.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu May 09, 2019 4:46 pm

F13 developers have me cautiously intrigued. I didn't really like the online-only multiplayer aspect of that game. If this is similar, pass. I'd much prefer a single-player semi-open world game like Spider-Man than a survival horror.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu May 09, 2019 4:48 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:F13 developers have me cautiously intrigued. I didn't really like the online-only multiplayer aspect of that game. If this is similar, pass. I'd much prefer a single-player semi-open world game like Spider-Man than a survival horror.

Akin to something like Far Cry and/or Ghost Recon where you can roam a dense jungle and take out enemy outposts as stealthily or as loud as you want, with story missions through out, right?

That's something I'd be totally on board with.

But I'd be okay with a more linear game similar to Splinter Cell.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 09, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:EDIT: Pleaaaaaase tell me this isn't console exclusive.. I'm an Xbox One kinda guy :(

Sorry to say from the looks of things Sony had a pretty extensive involvement in the development phase. Console exclusivity sucks for franchise games like this. Hopefully this does get a wider release eventually.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 am

Well, I know what I'm asking for my birthday.

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm

It's somthing I've wanted in some form foe a long time, a game were it's purely humans vs a predator. The people who developed F13 The Game have me a little on edge, on the one hand what they got right in that game they got really right but on the other the game lacked polish and they made some poor choices on how to work on the game leading up to the cut off point.

The upside is that Predator doesn't have the same restrictions as Jason as a character. Jason is a lumbering hulk who was easy to abuse and run circles round in the camp environment. The Predator is an agile hunter so he should be able to out pace as well as out muscle human players. So there should be no way in hell a player should be able to trap a Predator in an infinite loop. On that note since this is set in the jungle and with the human characters being armed, the game should rely less on the gimmick of hiding in buildings which promoted the above issue that was in F13. Then theres the fact that the Predator is likewise well armed at range also, this should prevent human players from team harassing the it like Jason was, as they can be picked off is they stay together, the Pred's camo should help with this also.

What I think could be the mechanics that cause problems for the game is the Predator's camo and if they allow players to cover themselves in mud to be invisible to thermal vision. The Predator's camo has to be balanced so it's hard to spot, especially while still, but also flawed enough for human players to spot them if he's not careful. The mud trick likewise seems possibly rip for abuse if implemented poorly since the Predator will affectively be blind with no way to see it's target for a whole match without camping a mud patch, which in turn makes it vulnerable to being team stomped. Possible they could work in other vision modes to work round it.

Possible upside is the inclusion of unlockable Predator skins and trophy kills. For me it would have to be the City Hunter from Predator 2.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:21 pm

I got so pumped up when I watched the trailer...... then I read it's a multi-player shooter or whatever. All I want is a better version of Concrete Jungle. Emphasis on better.

Hopefully this is good, the last film torn the spine out of the franchise, if this is garbage then I'll be very pissed.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun May 12, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 am

Kinda surprised Illfonic (indie dev who I've never even heard of until I looked it up) is making this. I thought Sega/Creative Assembly owned the Alien/Predator gaming license?

That said, I'll keep an eye on it if it's $40. No way am I paying full price for an online-only game. Same deal with the World War Z game.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:58 am

OK, I am hyped to see what comes from this. And I also remembered

EARLIER ON THE AVP THREAD

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I had the same idea, only mine was for a Dead by Daylight/Friday The 13th style game where you can play as either a platoon of soldiers/cops/other warriors or the Predator. Thought that could be fun.

Does this mean I get royalties?

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Gee, multiplayer? I wanted to slay humans all by myself! Oh well, hopefully single-player mode will be a later update when this is released. For now, i'm loving those pretty graphics and quite honestly, a new Predator game was very needed.
Image Image

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:41 pm

PS4 Exclusive

Nice of the small series which had it's latest installment panned by fans and financially bombed to disregard the fans again and release a console exclusive game that only a quarter of the fanbase can play on

Smart
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 pm

ROMG4 wrote:PS4 Exclusive

Nice of the small series which had it's latest installment panned by fans and financially bombed to disregard the fans again and release a console exclusive game that only a quarter of the fanbase can play on

Smart

This 200%..

This franchise can't afford console exclusive games.
Sith Apprentice.

Omegazilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegazilla » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:30 pm

I'd say this is a 50/50 in terms of turning out good, but either way it is nice to see a new Predator game especially after that GOD AWFUL movie last year! Who knows, maybe this will jolt the Predator franchise, which it desperately needs anyway.

Saansilt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Saansilt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Hoping there will be city and quarry maps as well. Maybe even in the meat factory. With both halves of that agent who said he was going to save Danny Glover. :lol:
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.

Chris55 wrote:Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?

My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Return to “Video Game Hub”