Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Still really hoping for Pennywise as well, with Skargard doing the voice, that little huhuhuhu he does in the IT films and the new IT2 trailer is so sketchy I love it.
Sith Apprentice.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:51 pm

My dream picks it'd be.

Reptile, Cyrax, Kintaro, Pennywise, Guts, Raiden (Metal Gear).

Added in 5 days 2 hours 4 minutes 20 seconds:
I'm honestly thinking we'll probably get gameplay and a trailer reveal for Spawn at Comic-Con this year. What do you guys think?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm

So I finally beat the Gauntlet in the Towers of Time. God damn, those last few towers were hard. Don't even know how I beat the Captain Planet Cetrion.

Also, is there any word on future DLC arenas? Would love for The Pit, Fleshpits, Deadpool, a city street/warzone and standard Netherrealm stage back. More I think back on it, the more I still believe MK9 had the best arena selection of all the newer games.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Any advice on how to beat the seventh stage of the Gauntlet?
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFG4t5Xpo8

Damn, you beat me to it. But, anywho, here's Cecil's/GOOD BAD FLICKS' first review of the classic.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 am

Birdman wrote:Any advice on how to beat the seventh stage of the Gauntlet?

Refresh my memory, what is the challenge?
Did you miss me?

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:06 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:

You have to beat Scorpion and Sub-Zero together while the arena is flooded with gas that slowly chips away your health if you jump, duck or block AND have to get a flawless victory to pass.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Birdman wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

You have to beat Scorpion and Sub-Zero together while the arena is flooded with gas that slowly chips away your health if you jump, duck or block AND have to get a flawless victory to pass.

Ooooh yeah. That one. I had to look it up to actually advance.

If you think that's hard, wait until you get to the Cassie/Jacqui with poison and Captain Planet Cetrion challenges.

Added in 5 days 9 hours 35 minutes 44 seconds:
So according to this latest rumor, the game will have a total of 3 DLC Kombat Packs, each with 6 fighters. That's a pretty solid number, to be honest. And thus far, everything in the original leak is lining up, including code for Ash, Terminator, Joker, Fujin and Sheeva in a recent update to the game. I'm trying to figure out a decent prediction of who else may come...

Pretty safe to bet that Kombat Pack 2 will feature Sheeva, Fujin and the fourth guest character that isn't part of the first pack. This would then leave three spaces. As much as I'd love to see Cyrax and Sektor, I don't think they'll be in the second DLC, if only because they'd be too obvious with Sheeva also making the jump from NPC to DLC. Instead, I imagine the DLC characters will actually be along the lines of Shinnok, Mileena and one of the missing ninjas (Rain, Ermac or Reptile). I really want to put money down on Reptile since he is the least evil of the bunch. Being on Kotal's side in MKX, he'd probably remain the same. In terms of story, this would put two more on the "good side" and two more on the "evil side."

However, what I fear is really hurting the likelihood of Mileena and Reptile is the fact existing characters have been given some of their staple attacks (Erron Black has Reptile's acid and Kitana has Mileena's sais). Both of them also act as Tower Konsumable attacks. Really trying to stay positive because these are the two "must have" characters in my eyes. I just don't see how they can ignore fan demand for them.

Kombat Pack 3 will probably be the first and only ALL MK pack without any guests. I imagine this if only to prevent more of that typical "this character is taking a MK character spot!" I'm imagining this is when Sektor and Cyrax will be announced as DLC. Just based on the fact the game has a perfectly fine Ermac model in the Krypt and Shang Tsung can transform into an old school Ermac for an attack, it leads me to believe he'll be coming in as well. This leaves three spots for Pack 3 and, I must say, I'm at a loss here. I know there's TREMENDOUS push for Rain and Smoke. I wouldn't be against them at all, either. I, however, am really hoping to see Quan Chi make a comeback. Just want to see him with Tagawa's Shang Tsung and trade some Deadly Alliance lines.

I should also add in, one of the reasons I expect Shinnok is the ample amount of Kustomization one could do with his gear. You have his head piece, his medallion and his huge skeletal hands. Just the idea of being able to use more monstrous/demonic hands makes me hyped. As for Quan Chi, I'd like them to try something like they did with Cassie and give him a 'side kick." Remember that bat he could summon in one of his variations in MKX? Imagine if that was always with him like Cassie's drone. Just imagine the wicked poop and different moves it could help pull off. Not to mention, the different designs one could use in the form of its gear.

So, in short, my expectations mixed with a bit of "OH MY GOD PLEASE!"

Kombat Pack 2:
1. Guest Character
2. Sheeva
3. Fujin
4. Shinnok
5. Mileena
6. Reptile

Kombat Pack 3:
1. Sektor
2. Cyrax
3. Ermac
4. Rain...?
5. Smoke...?
6. Quan Chi...?

Could be wrong. Probably am. But it's always fun to speculate....

And I'm also hoping for a Nightwolf fatality where a legit pack of wolves comes from behind him, surrounds the opponent and rips them to blood shreds. Maybe an Eagle gets involved too and gouges out their eyes just before a wolf rips out their throat.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:39 pm

The fourth guest character is Joker, by the way.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am

And we already know nine (With nine more yet to be announced or datamined) with four of those confirmed (Technically six if you listen carefully to the hints).

Still hope for Reptile and Pennywise (Joker's inclusion though dropping his chances given I doubt they'll add two clown based themed characters).

People says the ninjas had been deconfirmed due to Shang Tsung's transformations but remember he also turns into Scorpion and Sub-Zero so there's still a chance for those like Reptile, Ermac, Smoke and Rain.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 pm

So this might just be some MK11 concept (Koncept) art for Reptile...? If so, things could be looking up.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:44 pm

Where did you find that?

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:47 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Where did you find that?

Just looking around online.
Did you miss me?

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 am

That's MKX concept art.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:08 pm

I will honestly be surprised if Reptile and Mileena show up as DLC, but I have little hope.

Actually, weren't them plus Shinnok listed as secret characters alongside Shang Tsung in an early "leak"?

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Birdman wrote:I will honestly be surprised if Reptile and Mileena show up as DLC, but I have little hope.

Actually, weren't them plus Shinnok listed as secret characters alongside Shang Tsung in an early "leak"?

I remember that. And it got my hopes SUPER high then.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Hope they reveal gameplay soon of Nightwolf, Sindel, Spawn, Terminator and Ash.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I know this is a long shot, but I just started to randomly remember the fun I used to have with Motor Kombat, the mini-game that was on MK:A back in the day. It was virtually Mario Kart... but with MK characters and violence. Would LOVE to see them bring it back as its own game with a big roster and such.
Did you miss me?

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Still really hoping for Pennywise as well, with Skargard doing the voice, that little huhuhuhu he does in the IT films and the new IT2 trailer is so sketchy I love it.

I'd love Pennywise as well. Unfortunately, I don't see them adding another clown character with Joker already making it in.

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Hope they reveal gameplay soon of Nightwolf, Sindel, Spawn, Terminator and Ash.

The Terminator reveal trailer better have the T2 theme playing in the background.

Which I'm sure it will.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Return to “Video Game Hub”