Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

MM Raids Again wrote:Not against another DC fighter but I would personally prefer someone a bit more unique/monsterous like Swamp Thing or Manbat.
I only really went with Deathstroke given the popularity of the character and brutality fitting Mortal Kombat. Not too familiar with Swamp Thing in the comics.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So, had an idea while finally watching Resident Evil: Vendetta and now I can't get it out of my head: Nemesis for MK11. I know Boon has said Capcom declined to have the likes of Ryu joining (which makes me think Akuma and M. Bison, guys I'd rather have, are also a no-go), but the violence levels in the Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat games are pretty much identical. Plus, I can't get the thought of a new, cinematic reveal trailer out of my head with the previously leaked combatants (Fujin, Sheeva and Ash) battling it out with a horde of undead attacking, causing all three to start killing them...

Followed by an overhead helicopter, light and dropping of Nemesis into the field of view.

And it wouldn't be hard to come up with a move set for him. And similarly with Joker's inclusion, there can be some RE-themed skins for other fighters. A Jill or Ada based Sonya and Cassie, for example. Maybe some zombie skins, which I am dying for (not just the typical revenant skins).

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another potential Capcom rep for an guest would be Dante.

Granted I don't think fans would enjoy seeing their favorite pizza and sundae loving wisecracking half demon demon slayer getting mutilated, torn apart, head ripped off, ripped in half, etc...

Of course unless it was Don'te/DINO (Dante In Name Only) then they probably wouldn't mind.

There's also Frank West as an potential candidate.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, this is a thing right now: https://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-11-k ... vtG8EjX-gE

Take with a HUGE grain of salt, but this leaker says the Kombat Pack 2 will be Fujin, Sheeva, Ash, Takeda, Havik and Michael Myers. Admitting, I can get behind it. However, the lack of Mileena is still painful.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Pretty believable if you ask me. Michael Myers is really the only other slasher icon I can think of getting in at this point especially given Halloween Kills this year given Joker was added probably to promote Joker (2019) and T-800 was added to promote Dark Fate.

If true then my prediction for Kombat Pack 3 is

Cyrax
Doom Slayer
Mileena
Nitara
Original Mortal Kombat character
Sektor

Out Deathstroke goes then. I imagine Mileena will be added due to the massive fan demand.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I just....CAN'T see Michael getting in. Every other character is all about like, intense violence so them getting the shit beat out of them is cool. Michael's all about stalking, tension, and silence. He just wouldn't work. It'd be like The Punisher with M rated kills being a character in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

All in for Ash though.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

It'll never happen but Punisher would be an sick addition to Mortal Kombat.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I just....CAN'T see Michael getting in. Every other character is all about like, intense violence so them getting the poop beat out of them is cool. Michael's all about stalking, tension, and silence. He just wouldn't work. It'd be like The Punisher with M rated kills being a character in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

All in for Ash though.
I also fully agree with this. I'd much rather have Freddy or Jason again, but oh well. Hell, I think Pinhead from Hellraiser would be more of a match for MK than ole' Mikey. But I am VERY curious, if true, what gear would they give him? I think his knife is obvious, but how would one modify his classic mask like 40-some times to give it a variety? And then his third piece...? His skins are pretty obvious, at least. The classic, the Rob Zombie, the aged Rob Zombie (H2) and sanitarium.

Quote of the Year:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If we're gonna get another horror combatant, who said it had to be tied with a new film? Pumpkinhead would be perfect! He's got the gnarly look and the gore that comes with!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Pumpkinhead would be sick as skreeonk.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Kombat Pack3 is rumoured to include Sektor, Cyrax, Quan Chi and Sareena.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Just an reminder Final Kombat occurs next Sunday. Spawn will be finally releasing and we'll probably be seeing the next batch of characters in Kombat Pack 2.

Edit: Crap for something reason thought it was March 8th next week. Its two weeks away actually.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm heavily inclined to think Michael Myers will be in Kombat Pack 2.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:I'm heavily inclined to think Michael Myers will be in Kombat Pack 2.
I'd prefer Pumpkinhead.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm heavily inclined to think Michael Myers will be in Kombat Pack 2.
I'd prefer Pumpkinhead.
The fact that Myers has a new film out at the end of this year gives me some hope.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I am not against Mikey in any sense, but the only issue I see is what can they really do for his gear? His skins/outfits seem pretty obvious, being based on the classic look, the remake/RZH2 look, hospitalized look and maybe a wounded/battle damaged look. But his gear...

His mask? There's not too much variation one can do with it without making it look different.

Of course you got his typical knife, which I know they can do a lot with that. Serrated, non-serrated, different handles, different colors, cleaver, etc.

And then his third... Which I am drawing a blank on what could really be used as a gear piece for him.

Then there's also the issue that the game shows the actual faces of said fighters underneath gear masks (Scorpion, Kitana, Sub-Zero, etc) when being hit by Fatal Blows. So then we'd also have to see Mikey's actual face underneath said mask during hits.

Once again, not saying I'm against Michael Myers at all and I REALLY do hope he actually gets in. It seems having a slasher icon appear has become a bit of a series staple now. I just don't know how they can pull it off.

Quote of the Year:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I think yall are completely wrong about the lack of mask variation

So you add all these along with some original alterations and you can easily have enough cosmetics to pad him out for ages

You can even go pulling from comics if necessary

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Michael's masks variants should be from the original, Rob Zombie, and then the new 2018 version. One from each era.

Weapons though, that's tricky. Michael's signature weapon was always that handy kitchen knife, but he's used others before. One variant could have an axe, the other...idk maybe a rake?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Butchers knife, a hammer, a rake, an air-filled syringe. I feel like he'd be more of a tank character, so most of his power moves would consist of him just absolutely battering the pumpkin seeds out of the other kombatants with his raw strength, let alone with weapons.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

One week until Final Kombat!

Spawn finally releases and potentially Kombat Pack 2! :D